Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Directory where spooled file is stored Post 30423 by janr on Tuesday 22nd of October 2002 03:34:51 AM
Old 10-22-2002
If i remember well

Iam not totally sure about this:

/var/spool/lp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to capture spooled print files

Hi. I run hpux 10.20. My problem is that I need to save or hold print spool files. I print using lp, and the printers are connected to HP jetdirect print servers. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Stephen Roberts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serware
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spooled file getting distorted when sending through unix mail

Hi Folks, I'm spooling a file through sqlplus and sending using mailx but the output got distorted in MS-outlook. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Where is the crontab file stored

i want find the place where the crontab file is stored i dont mean in /etc/cron. when we list crontab -l it will list the schedule jobs , does this content is stored in some directory as a file.. Please clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbptl
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Where are package contents stored for a file, or why aren't they visible w/o right clicking the file

I was wondering about the "Show Package Contents" option in OS X. I have a keynote file that I'm looking at. Exactly where are these contents or its directory stored, because they aren't visible in the Finder window, unless I obviously right click and choose to view them. And I don't think I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract rows from file based on row numbers stored in another file

Hi All, I have a file which is like this: rows.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 7 8 9 0 4 3 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 I have another file with numbers like these (numbers.txt): 1 3 4 5 I want to read numbers.txt file line by line. The extract the row from rows.dat based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filesize and checksum of spooled file in a log file ...

Hi All, I have spooled some data in a file (a.dat, b.dat etc..) and after that I want to get the size and checksum of spooled file (a.dat, b.dat etc..) in a log file(file_info.log). By the way I dont want lost the previous output file info(Append data). View of log file that I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Outlook spooled file data is not getting displayed properly

I am fetching a database table in spool file and send that details as a email. The Spooled file content is properly being displayed in UNIX. See Example below : ID|FILENAME |ABCDEF_DT |PROCESSED_DT |STATUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to Insert few lines which are stored in some file before a pattern in another file

Hello, I have few lines to be inserted in file_lines_to_insert. In another file final_file, I have to add lines from above file file_lines_to_insert before a particular pattern. e.g. $ cat file_lines_to_insert => contents are abc def lkj In another file final_file, before a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating words from a file through ngrams stored in another file

Hello, I have a large data file which contains a huge amount of garbage i.e. words which do not exist in the language. An example will make this clear: kpaware nlupset rrrbring In other words these words are invalid in English and constitute garbage in the data. I have identified such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search if file exists for a file pattern stored in array

Hi experts, I have two arrays one has the file paths to be searched in , and the other has the files to be serached.For eg searchfile.dat will have abc303 xyz123 i have to search for files that could be abc303*.dat or for that matter any extension . abc303*.dat.gz The following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies
snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual					      snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snnewgroup - create a new sn newsgroup SYNOPSIS
snnewgroup newsgroup [server] [port] DESCRIPTION
snnewgroup creates newsgroup assigning it an upstream NNTP server of server:port. If port is not specified, defaults to 119. If server is also not specified, newsgroup is created as a local group which is fed only by articles POSTed to it. You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to add new groups. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. FILES CREATED
/var/spool/sn/newsgroup Directory where articles will be stored. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.created Empty file for the newsgroup creation time. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial Where snget gets its idea of the new starting serial number for newsgroup on server server:port. The value is initialized to 0. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing If server is specified, is a symlink to /var/spool/sn/.outgoing/server:port, which is a directory, created if it does not already exist. If server is not specified, no file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing will be created. See also snsend. SEE ALSO
sndelgroup, snsend N.B. Harold Tay snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)