Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deploying IE 5.5 or 6
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Deploying IE 5.5 or 6 Post 30353 by jnash on Monday 21st of October 2002 10:48:54 AM
Old 10-21-2002
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AngryRabbi
If your network has Direct Remote Access, then it is possible for a single Administrator to install I.E.6 on all NT Workstations on your network.

Are you using a DNS Server? If yes, could you kindly tell me what Operating System your server is running.
[/QUOTE

Hi thanks for]replying. We are running Netware 5.5 on our servers. Hope this helps.

jnash

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Deploying XP patches

I'm not much for admin work on XP. In my new job though I am to look after all the machines in the office (Windows) between everything else I have to do :cool: What I would like to know is whats the best way to deploy patches out to other Windows XP machines. I can use my computer as a server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
2 Replies

2. Solaris

deploying .ear file Websphere

hi This may not be right question to ask on this forum, but I think people here can answer the question. Please give me details of steps/commands used in UNIX ( only command mode) for deploying an ear file on websphere. Thanks in advance, Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deploying Cronjob to multiple servers

I figure that this is a shell scripting issue so I'll post here. I'm attempting to deploy a cronjob to a variety of servers, some 200-odd, of all walks of life. Mostly AIX, but some Solaris, some HP-UX, some Linux (of varying distributions), etc. I initially thought about utilizing a mass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
2 Replies

4. Linux

Deploying Qt on CentOS - libc.so.6 update problem

I am developing a simple client-server (TCP) application using QT. The server side is to run on CentOS. I am developing both the server and client programs using Ubuntu. I am now attempting to deploy an experimental version of the server application on the CentOS server, but I am not yet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: David Brown
2 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 avahi-dnsconfd(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd - Unicast DNS server from mDNS/DNS-SD configuration daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-dnsconfd [options] avahi-dnsconfd --kill avahi-dnsconfd --refresh avahi-dnsconfd --check DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd connects to a running avahi-daemon and runs the script /etc/avahi/dnsconfd.action for each unicast DNS server that is announced on the local LAN. This is useful for configuring unicast DNS servers in a DHCP-like fashion with mDNS. OPTIONS
-D | --daemonize Daemonize after startup and redirect log messages to syslog. -s | --syslog Log to syslog instead of STDERR. Implied by --daemonize. -k | --kill Kill an already running avahi-dnsconfd. (equivalent to sending a SIGTERM) -r | --refresh Tell an already running avahi-dnsconfd to refresh the DNS server data. (equivalent to sending a SIGHUP) -c | --check Return 0 as return code when avahi-dnsconfd is already running. -h | --help Show help -v | --version Show version information FILES
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action: the script to run when a DNS server is found or removed. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM: avahi-dnsconfd will shutdown. This is issued by passing --kill to avahi-daemon. SIGHUP: avahi-dnsconfd will refresh the DNS server data. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi-dnsconfd.action(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd(8)