Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to control I/O in Linux?
Top Forums Programming How to control I/O in Linux? Post 30334 by lcfoo on Monday 21st of October 2002 02:45:54 AM
Old 10-21-2002
How to control I/O in Linux?

Do anyone know how to program to control I/O - through RS 232?
For example VC++, inport & outport.
Any comment?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2)

Hi, Does anyone know if Redhat 7.2 allows for file access control lists as you can in Solaris ? And if so, can you give me the basic command as I'm having trouble finding documentation on this. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ianf
1 Replies

2. Linux

how to setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux

Hi anyone know how to setup a setup a virtual IP to control 2 server load for linux? i only have 2 server, i don want to buy another just for the load balance... is there a way to do it? Sumemr (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I remotely take unix/linux tty control!?

Hello everyone!. I am wondering if it is possible to take control of a tty session???!!!. For example: imagine you are running a command in a unix server that will take 12 hours to compleate... now, imagine you are at your home and you want to check how the command is performing or if errors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to add ^M (control M) in Linux

I would like to add ^M (CTRL V CTRL M) to all lines of the file. This is easy using unix2dos command in SunOS, unix2dos commands appends ^M for all the lines in SUnOS but I dont see the same beahaviou in Linux. My files on Linu'x to be added with ^M at the end of each line. is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to make a control panel for a Linux script

has anyone got experience using jsch? Does it give me a prompt when I run a command/ print result back to me. I need to send commands to a linux database like restart,shutdown,stop database caching etc. But in java I want to build a GUI I can use. TO call database commands. and do these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel12
3 Replies
UMCT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UMCT(4)

NAME
umct -- Magic Control Technology USB-RS232 converter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device umct device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umct_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umct driver provides support for USB to RS-232 converters based on the Magic Control Technology USB-232 design. These devices support most of the standard RS-232 features including baud rates ranging from 300 to 115200 bits per second. However, neither hardware nor software flow control seems to be supported. Access to devices under this driver is via the ucom(4) framework and device nodes. HARDWARE
The umct driver supports the following adapters: o Belkin F5U109 o Belkin F5U409 o D-Link DU-H3SP USB BAY Hub o Magic Control Technology USB-232 o Sitecom USB-232 SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umct driver appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. It is loosely based on the ubsa(4) driver by Alexander Kabaev <kan@FreeBSD.org> with documentation from Wolfgang Grandeggar <wolfgang@cec.ch>. AUTHORS
The umct driver was written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD