Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Tab Delimiter to csv in python:perl Post 303046314 by Perlbaby on Thursday 30th of April 2020 01:59:16 PM
Old 04-30-2020
Tab Delimiter to csv in python:perl

Hi
How do we handle delimiter values in python or perl to convert the field values from 3 columns to 2 columns into csv file

Columns Values

Product : Contain one value
ID : Ignore this
Features : Contains multiple values separated by tab

$cat Check_File
Code:
Product                ID                   Features 
Apple-for-Laptop 1.2.13.22 itunes app-stores health    # [ Product1 ]
Samsung-for-Mobile 5.43.67  music play-store long-battery    # [ Product2 ]
Nokia 4.1.2 long-battery    # [ Product3 ]

Expected format :
Code:
Product, Features
Apple-for-Laptop,itunes
Apple-for-Laptop,app-stores
Apple-for-Laptop,health   
Samsung-for-Mobile,music 
Samsung-for-Mobile,play-store 
Samsung-for-Mobile,long-battery 
Nokia,long-battery

Is there better way to handle this in python/perl . The file is big with 200 Million records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to search delimiter tab in a line and replace it

hi every one plz help me i want to search for a line contains tabspace This is a line The should be changed see the above line is seperated with tab space i want to replace that tab space in to # as This is a line#The should be changed i have tried with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting Specific Columns and Insert the delimiter TAB

Hi, I am writing a Perl Script for the below : I have a data file that consists of the header information which is 231 Lines and the footer information as 4 lines. The total number of line including the header and footer 1.2 Million with Pipe Delimited file. For example: Header Information:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set output delimiter as tab in cut command

I can not make it work, it prints \t rather than introduce tabs. cut -d "," -f 4,8 Samples.csv --output-delimiter="\t" | sort > out Since I am running this command within a shell script, I tried manually inserting tab in this command, still does not work. I am using bash shell Suggestions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two tab-delimiter files

Hi, I have two files like: file1 chr1 40 chr1 50 chr2 10 chr2 60 file2 chr1 30 chr1 50 chr2 15 chr2 20 and want to get the difference of column 2 when column 1 is the same in both files. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV Delimiter Settings

Hi All, I am really new to Shell Scripting and would appreciate any help here. I have a script that runs throguh a cron job on a daily basis, problem is when the file is attached and e-mailed, it uses a comma delimiter to seperate fields. How can I prevent the script from using a comma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies
BATTERY-GRAPH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  BATTERY-GRAPH(1)

NAME
battery-graph - Show a graph of the battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-graph [options] [files...] DESCRIPTION
Show a graph of the battery charge over time. The files given are assumed to contain battery statistics in the battery-stats(5) format. If no files are specified, the default log files will be used. The options can be used for displaying a different interval. An interval is defined in terms of a from timestamp, a to timestamp and a duration. By specifying any two, the third will be calculated automatically. A missing duration will be defaulted to 3 hours. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -g geometry, --geometry geometry Sets the X Windows geometry of the graph. This disables text mode. See X(7) for how to specify the geometry. -D display, --display display Shows the graph on the given display. The same effect can be achived by setting the DISPLAY environment variable. This disables text mode. See X(7) for valid values. --title string Sets the title of the graph window. By default this will be "Battery Graph". If this is set to the empty string, gnuplot(1) will be allowed set the window title - this can be useful if you want your ~/.Xdefaults to take effect for this. -f date, --from date Specifies the start date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -t date, --to date Specifies the ending date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -s date, --since date Shorthand for --from date --to now -d duration, --duration duration Specifies the duration for the graph. This can be given in units of seconds, hours, days or weeks by suffixing the number with 's' (seconds), 'm' (minutes), 'h' (hours), 'd' (days) or 'w' (weeks). Units cannot be combined - e.g. '1d6h' will not be valid, whereas '30h' is OK. If no unit is specified, minutes will be assumed. --text Shows the graph in text mode on stdout. The resulting size of the graph is determined by the values of the environment variables. LINES and COLUMNS (failing that, the output from tput will be used). This is the default when the environment variable DISPLAY is not set. EXAMPLES
Show the last 2 hours: $ battery-graph --duration 2h Show the time since mid day: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to now or $ battery-graph --since 12:00 Show the hour before last: $ battery-graph --from '2 hours ago' --duration 1h Show the 6 hours after noon: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --duration 6h or $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to 18:00 Show the last 6 hours $ battery-graph --from '6 hours ago' or $ battery-graph --since '6 hours ago' Show the last 30 minutes in text mode: $ battery-graph --duration 30 --text Show statistics for Tuesday last week $ battery-graph --duration 24h --from 'tuesday last week' or $ battery-graph --duration 1d --from 'tuesday last week' Prove that the future hasn't happened yet: $ battery-graph --from yesterday --to tomorrow Another way of wasting CPU cycles: $ battery-graph /dev/null EXIT STATUS
battery-graph depends on gnuplot (1) to give the correct exit status. FILES
If no files are given on the command line, batter-graph reads from /var/log/battery-stats ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY If this variable is not set, --text will be defaulted. LINES / COLUMNS Determines the size of the graph in text mode. DIAGNOSTICS
If there are no statistics available for the period chosen, an empty graph will result. NOTES
There is no requirement for the from time to be earlier than the to time - if so, the X axis will be reversed. Similar results can be achieved using a negative duration. Also: battery-stat is quite happy to list statistics in the future; stupid, but obedient. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
battery-stats (5), date (1), battery-stats-collector (8) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats September 22, 2002 BATTERY-GRAPH(1)