Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Tab Delimiter to csv in python:perl Post 303046314 by Perlbaby on Thursday 30th of April 2020 01:59:16 PM
Old 04-30-2020
Tab Delimiter to csv in python:perl

Hi
How do we handle delimiter values in python or perl to convert the field values from 3 columns to 2 columns into csv file

Columns Values

Product : Contain one value
ID : Ignore this
Features : Contains multiple values separated by tab

$cat Check_File
Code:
Product                ID                   Features 
Apple-for-Laptop 1.2.13.22 itunes app-stores health    # [ Product1 ]
Samsung-for-Mobile 5.43.67  music play-store long-battery    # [ Product2 ]
Nokia 4.1.2 long-battery    # [ Product3 ]

Expected format :
Code:
Product, Features
Apple-for-Laptop,itunes
Apple-for-Laptop,app-stores
Apple-for-Laptop,health   
Samsung-for-Mobile,music 
Samsung-for-Mobile,play-store 
Samsung-for-Mobile,long-battery 
Nokia,long-battery

Is there better way to handle this in python/perl . The file is big with 200 Million records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to search delimiter tab in a line and replace it

hi every one plz help me i want to search for a line contains tabspace This is a line The should be changed see the above line is seperated with tab space i want to replace that tab space in to # as This is a line#The should be changed i have tried with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting Specific Columns and Insert the delimiter TAB

Hi, I am writing a Perl Script for the below : I have a data file that consists of the header information which is 231 Lines and the footer information as 4 lines. The total number of line including the header and footer 1.2 Million with Pipe Delimited file. For example: Header Information:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set output delimiter as tab in cut command

I can not make it work, it prints \t rather than introduce tabs. cut -d "," -f 4,8 Samples.csv --output-delimiter="\t" | sort > out Since I am running this command within a shell script, I tried manually inserting tab in this command, still does not work. I am using bash shell Suggestions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two tab-delimiter files

Hi, I have two files like: file1 chr1 40 chr1 50 chr2 10 chr2 60 file2 chr1 30 chr1 50 chr2 15 chr2 20 and want to get the difference of column 2 when column 1 is the same in both files. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV Delimiter Settings

Hi All, I am really new to Shell Scripting and would appreciate any help here. I have a script that runs throguh a cron job on a daily basis, problem is when the file is attached and e-mailed, it uses a comma delimiter to seperate fields. How can I prevent the script from using a comma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SalientAnimal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies
WMBATTERY(1x)															     WMBATTERY(1x)

NAME
wmbattery - dockable battery monitor SYNOPSIS
wmbattery [options] DESCRIPTION
wmbattery is a battery monitor. It is used to visually display the system's battery status. wmbattery can get battery information using HAL, APM, ACPI, or the SPIC controller in some Sony laptops. You need to build your kernel with support for at least one of these for the program to work. wmbattery is dockable using WindowMaker and AfterStep window managers; under other window managers wmbattery appears as a nicely-sized 64x64 application. wmbattery displays the status of your laptop's battery in a small icon. This includes if it is plugged in, if the battery is charging, how many minutes of battery life remain, battery life remaining (with both a percentage and a graph), and battery status (high - green, low - yellow, or critical - red). ELEMENTS OF THE DISPLAY
The wmbattery display consists of these elements: dial The large dial at the top of the display shows battery life remaining. time display The time display, right under and in the middle of the dial, shows how many hours and minutes of battery life is estimated to remain at the current rate of use. If ACPI is used and battery is charging, the time display will instead show a countdown (starting with a minus sign) of how many hours and minutes it is estimated to take until the battery is fully charged. power cord The small icon of a power cord plug, in the bottom left, tells if the laptop is plugged into wall power. If so, it will be lit. charging indicator The lightning bolt icon, to the right of the plug, tells if the battery is being charged. If so it will be lit and will connect the plug to the battery. battery icon The battery icon, to the right of the lighting bolt, shows the percentage of battery time. If the battery is removed the icon will be dimmed. If the computer is low on power the battery will turn yellow; if the computer is critically low on power and about to die because of it, it will turn red. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -w secs Pause this many seconds between updates. -d display Use the designated X display. -g +x+y Specify geometry. This specifies position, not size. -b battnum Display the given battery. Only of use with the HAL or ACPI interfaces on systems with more than one battery. The default is to dis- play the first battery found. -l percent Set the percentage at which the battery is considered to be running low. By default, this percentage is determined automaticall, and you shouldn't need to set it. If you set this, you should probably also set the -c switch. -c percent Set the percentage at which the battery is considered to be critically low. By default, this percentage is determined automati- cally, and you shouldn't need to set it. If you set this, you should probably also set the -l switch. -e wmbattery contains code for estimating the time remaining before discharge, and until full charge, and this code is used if no other source of this informaton is available. This switch makes wmbattery use its time estimation code even if some other estimate is available. -s granularity Ignore fluctuations less than the specified granularity percent when estimating time. (Implies -e) -a file.au Play the specified au file (by sending it to /dev/audio) when the battery is low. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> WMBATTERY(1x)