Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046241 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 07:56:09 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Let me check the original DB and post back..

Hold on.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
condor_hold(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_hold(1)

Name
       condor_hold put - jobs in the queue into the hold state

Synopsis
       condor_hold [-help -version]

condor_hold[-debug]   [-reason	reasonstring]	[-subcode   number]   [-pool   centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]-name  scheddname][-addr
       "<a.b.c.d:port>"] cluster... cluster.process... user... -constraint expression...

condor_hold[-debug]  [-reason   reasonstring]   [-subcode   number]   [-pool   centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]-name	 scheddname][-addr
       "<a.b.c.d:port>"] -all

Description
       condor_holdplaces jobs from the Condor job queue in the hold state. If the -nameoption is specified, the named condor_scheddis targeted for
       processing. Otherwise, the local condor_scheddis targeted. The jobs to be held are identified by one or more job identifiers, as  described
       below. For any given job, only the owner of the job or one of the queue super users (defined by the  QUEUE_SUPER_USERS macro) can place the
       job on hold.

A job in the hold state remains in the job queue, but the job will not run until released with condor_release.

A currently running job that is placed in the hold state by condor_holdis sent a hard kill signal. For a standard universe job, this  means
       that the job is removed from the machine without allowing a checkpoint to be produced first.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-pool centralmanagerhostname[:portnumber]

Specify a pool by giving the central manager's host name and an optional port number

-name scheddname

Send the command to a machine identified by scheddname

-addr <a.b.c.d:port>

Send the command to a machine located at "<a.b.c.d:port>"

-debug

Causes debugging information to be sent to  stderr , based on the value of the configuration variable  TOOL_DEBUG

-reason reasonstring

Sets	the  job  ClassAd attribute  HoldReason to the value given by reasonstring. reasonstringwill be delimited by double quote marks on
	  the command line, if it contains space characters.

-subcode number

Sets the job ClassAd attribute  HoldReasonSubCode to the integer value given by number.

cluster

Hold all jobs in the specified cluster

cluster.process

Hold the specific job in the cluster

user

Hold all jobs belonging to specified user

-constraint expression

Hold all jobs which match the job ClassAd expression constraint (within quotation marks). Note that quotation marks must be escaped with
	  the backslash characters for most shells.

-all

Hold all the jobs in the queue

See Also
       condor_release(on page )

Examples
       To place on hold all jobs (of the user that issued the condor_hold command) that are not currently running:

% condor_hold  -constraint "JobStatus!=2"

Multiple  options  within  the  same command cause the union of all jobs that meet either (or both) of the options to be placed in the hold
       state. Therefore, the command

% condor_hold  Mary -constraint "JobStatus!=2"

places all of Mary's queued jobs into the hold state, and the constraint holds all queued jobs not currently running. It also sends a  hard
       kill  signal  to any of Mary's jobs that are currently running. Note that the jobs specified by the constraint will also be Mary's jobs, if
       it is Mary that issues this example condor_holdcommand.

Exit Status
       condor_holdwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_hold(1)