Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Get the tnsnames.ora alias for a given service name Post 303046177 by kpg on Monday 27th of April 2020 08:02:13 AM
Old 04-27-2020
Hi,

thanks again for giving me the time to find out what to correct...I now run

Code:
awk '
  $2 != "=" { next }
  $1 == "(SERVICE_NAME" && $3 ~ s { print a }
  $1 !~ /^\(/ { a=$1 }
'  s="pri" tnsnames.ora

...and it matches just fine. How do I make it case insensitive? Can you please explain how it works?

I think the first line skips over the tnsnames.ora until it finds a pattern 'variable ='. So this will give us the left hand side in $1?
The second line searches for the SERVICE_NAME entry, where the value matches s, which is set on the command line to be 'pri'.
You store this in $1 ....but didn't we keep the left hand side there?

... I do not understand the third line at all.

Last edited by kpg; 04-27-2020 at 10:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture the service name from tnsnames.ora and create connect string

ghkjkjoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetankelvin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Hi everyone, when i run ; sqlplus -s username/password@TTTEST @umt.sql i take "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name" i want to run "umt.sql" query and also see result. thanx for your helping. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: temhem
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find tnsnames.ora in unix

Can we find out what is the location of tnsnames.ora file used by the hp unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudipshib
3 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: parsing tnsnames.ora

All: Can sombodoy help me out with a sed command? Assume I have the following: PRI = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.0.3.7)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = pri) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tnsnames.ora

Hi, I would like to modify, in script schell, the line right above (DESCRIPTION and check three cases : if line contain ".world" then line=line-".world" concat "," concat line if line dont contain ".world" then line=line concat "," concat line concat".world" else line=line Keep in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcaro
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing section from tnsnames.ora

Hi, I am trying to write a script or command to remove a section from tnsnames.ora file in the following example I would like to remove tns_alias2 section $ cat tnsnames.ora tns_alias1 = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host1 )(PORT = 1521)) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
3 Replies

9. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
curs_border(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      curs_border(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_border, border, wborder, box, whline, wvline - create curses borders, horizontal and vertical lines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int border(chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl,chtype br); int wborder(WINDOW *win, chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); int box(WINDOW *win, chtype verch, chtype horch); int hline(chtype ch, int n); int whline(WINDOW *win, chtype ch, int n); int vline(chtype ch, int n); int wvline(WINDOW *win, chtype ch, int n); DESCRIPTION
With the border(), wborder(), and box() routines, a border is drawn around the edges of the window. The arguments and attributes are: ls left side of the border rs right side of the border ts top side of the border bs bottom side of the border tl top left-hand corner tr top right-hand corner bl bottom left-hand corner br bottom right-hand corner If any of these arguments is zero, then the following default values (defined in <curses.h>) are used respectively instead: ACS_VLINE, ACS_VLINE, ACS_HLINE, ACS_HLINE, ACS_ULCORNER, ACS_URCORNER, ACS_BLCORNER, ACS_BRCORNER. box(win, verch, horch) is a shorthand for the following call: wborder(win, verch, verch, horch, horch , 0, 0, 0, 0) hline() and whline() draw a horizontal (left to right) line using ch starting at the current cursor position in the window. The current cursor position is not changed. The line is at most n characters long, or as many as fit into the window. vline() and wvline() draw a vertical (top to bottom) line using ch starting at the current cursor position in the window. The current cur- sor position is not changed. The line is at most n characters long, or as many as fit into the window. RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer OK, or a non-negative integer if immedok() is set. See curs_outopts(3CURSES). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curs_outopts(3CURSES), curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. Note that border() and box() may be macros. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_border(3CURSES)