Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Gnuplot 4.6 : problem with my X axis Post 303046000 by Tim2424 on Tuesday 21st of April 2020 10:16:42 AM
Old 04-21-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Because Gnuplot is setting the labels on the axis based on the width of the chart.

Thanks for your help !

I've increase the width of my graph ( replace 900,520 by 900,800 ) and there is no difference.

I realy don't understand...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gnuplot

Hi, I am a beginner using UNIX, and was wondering how to use gnuplot from UNIX on my pc. I am connected remotely to my work's UNIX server using Secure Shell Client, and gnuplot won't open a new window when I use the plot command. How do I do this? Moreover, is it possible to save things from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KTTFB64
0 Replies

2. AIX

Add printer connected to a axis printserver

Hi guys, I have a AIX 4.3 system, and I need to configure a printer, but that printer it's connected to a axis print server. I have lot of years working with unix, but never added a printer in a AIX system. I need to add using "remote print queue", and add the hostname and ip to the /etc/hosts?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uadm26
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNUplot

Hi, I am trying to make a plot of an ASCII file using GNUplot, but I keep getting error msg: for example plot filename.txt It says that (.txt ) is not identified ... I tried to write it without the .txt part, but I also get the error msg. Any idea why? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs and gnuplot

Hi All, Seems I have an xargs stdin problem that I don't understand. I have a script (call it myscript.sh) that takes the names of one or more file(s) specified on the command line and creates a single gnuplot command file containing multiple records, one for each specified file. Each of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulianna2002
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis

Let me start by saying I'm new to gnuplot and not very good at unix at all.. Anyway, I'm each minute measuring temperature and humidity and saves the last 60 readings along with time in a textfile, values_minute. The contents of the file is formatted like this: time temperature humidity ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakro807
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
Chart::Clicker::Axis(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Chart::Clicker::Axis(3pm)

NAME
Chart::Clicker::Axis - An X or Y Axis VERSION
version 2.83 SYNOPSIS
use Chart::Clicker::Axis; use Graphics::Primitive::Font; use Graphics::Primitive::Brush; my $axis = Chart::Clicker::Axis->new({ label_font => Graphics::Primitive::Font->new, orientation => 'vertical', position => 'left', brush => Graphics::Primitive::Brush->new, visible => 1, }); DESCRIPTION
Chart::Clicker::Axis represents the plot of the chart. ATTRIBUTES
height The height of the axis. width This axis' width. tick_label_angle The angle (in radians) to rotate the tick's labels. baseline The 'baseline' value of this axis. This is used by some renderers to change the way a value is marked. The Bar render, for instance, considers values below the base to be 'negative'. brush The brush for this axis. Expects a Graphics::Primitve::Brush. color The color of the axis' border. Expects a Graphics::Color::RGB object. Defaults to black. format The format to use for the axis values. If the format is a string then format is applied to each value 'tick' via sprintf. See sprintf perldoc for details! This is useful for situations where the values end up with repeating decimals. If the format is a coderef then that coderef will be executed and the value passed to it as an argument. my $nf = Number::Format->new; $default->domain_axis->format(sub { return $nf->format_number(shift); }); fudge_amount The amount to 'fudge' the span of this axis. You should supply a percentage (in decimal form) and the axis will grow at both ends by the supplied amount. This is useful when you want a bit of padding above and below the dataset. As an example, a fugdge_amount of .10 on an axis with a span of 10 to 50 would add 5 to the top and bottom of the axis. hidden This axis' hidden flag. If this is true then the Axis will not be drawn. label The label of the axis. label_color The color of the Axis' labels. Expects a Graphics::Color::RGB object. label_font The font used for the axis' label. Expects a Graphics::Primitive::Font object. layout_manager Set/Get the Layout Manager. Defaults to Layout::Manager::Absolute. orientation The orientation of this axis. See Graphics::Primitive::Oriented. position The position of the axis on the chart. range The Range for this axis. Expects a Chart::Clicker::Data::Range object. You may use this to explicitly set an upper and lower bound for the chart: $axis->range->max(1000); $axis->range->min(1); show_ticks If this is value is false then 'ticks' and their labels will not drawn for this axis. staggered If true, causes horizontally labeled axes to 'stagger' the labels so that half are at the top of the box and the other half are at the bottom. This makes long, overlapping labels less likely to overlap. It only does something useful with horizontal labels. skip_range Allows you to specify a range of values that will be skipped completely on this axis. This is often used to trim a large, unremarkable section of data. If, for example, 50% of your values fall below 10 and 50% fall above 100 it is useless to bother charting the 10 to 100 range. Skipping it with this attribute will make for a much more useful chart, albeit somewhat visually skewed. $axis->skip_range(Chart::Clicker::Data::Range->new(lower => 10, upper => 100)); Note that any data points, including ticks, that fall inside the range specified will be completely ignored. tick_font The font used for the axis' ticks. Expects a Graphics::Primitive::Font object. tick_label_color The color of the tick labels. Expects a Graphics::Color::RGB object. tick_labels The arrayref of labels to show for ticks on this Axis. This arrayref is consulted for every tick, in order. So placing a string at the zeroeth index will result in it being displayed on the zeroeth tick, etc, etc. tick_values The arrayref of values show as ticks on this Axis. ticks The number of 'ticks' to show. Setting this will divide the range on this axis by the specified value to establish tick values. This will have no effect if you specify tick_values. METHODS
add_to_tick_values Add a value to the list of tick values. clear_tick_values Clear all tick values. tick_value_count Get a count of tick values. mark Given a span and a value, returns it's pixel position on this Axis. format_value Given a value, returns it formatted using this Axis' formatter. AUTHOR
Cory G Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Cold Hard Code, LLC. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 Chart::Clicker::Axis(3pm)