Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Gnuplot 4.6 : problem with my X axis Post 303045998 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of April 2020 09:54:26 AM
Old 04-21-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2424
Can you tell me why, on the x axe, the values are displayed "Two by two" : 2020-04, 2020-06, 2020-08, 2020-10, 2020-12, 2020-14, 2020-16, 2020-18, 2020-20... While I want 2020-04, 2020-05, 2020-07, 2020-08, 2020-09, 2020-10, 2020-11 ,2020-12 ....
Because Gnuplot is setting the labels on the axis based on the width of the chart.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gnuplot

Hi, I am a beginner using UNIX, and was wondering how to use gnuplot from UNIX on my pc. I am connected remotely to my work's UNIX server using Secure Shell Client, and gnuplot won't open a new window when I use the plot command. How do I do this? Moreover, is it possible to save things from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KTTFB64
0 Replies

2. AIX

Add printer connected to a axis printserver

Hi guys, I have a AIX 4.3 system, and I need to configure a printer, but that printer it's connected to a axis print server. I have lot of years working with unix, but never added a printer in a AIX system. I need to add using "remote print queue", and add the hostname and ip to the /etc/hosts?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uadm26
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNUplot

Hi, I am trying to make a plot of an ASCII file using GNUplot, but I keep getting error msg: for example plot filename.txt It says that (.txt ) is not identified ... I tried to write it without the .txt part, but I also get the error msg. Any idea why? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs and gnuplot

Hi All, Seems I have an xargs stdin problem that I don't understand. I have a script (call it myscript.sh) that takes the names of one or more file(s) specified on the command line and creates a single gnuplot command file containing multiple records, one for each specified file. Each of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulianna2002
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis

Let me start by saying I'm new to gnuplot and not very good at unix at all.. Anyway, I'm each minute measuring temperature and humidity and saves the last 60 readings along with time in a textfile, values_minute. The contents of the file is formatted like this: time temperature humidity ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakro807
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
ippool(4)							   File Formats 							 ippool(4)

NAME
ippool, ippool.conf - IP pool file format SYNOPSIS
ippool.conf DESCRIPTION
The format for files accepted by ippool(1M) is described by the following grammar: line ::= table | groupmap . table ::= "table" role tabletype . groupmap ::= "group-map" inout role number ipfgroup tabletype ::= ipftree | ipfhash . role ::= "role" "=" "ipf" . inout ::= "in" | "out" . ipftree ::= "type" "=" "tree" number "{" addrlist "}" . ipfhash ::= "type" "=" "hash" number hashopts "{" hashlist "}" . ipfgroup ::= setgroup hashopts "{" grouplist "}" | hashopts "{" setgrouplist "}" . setgroup ::= "group" "=" groupname . hashopts ::= size [ seed ] | seed . size ::= "size" "=" number . seed ::= "seed" "=" number . addrlist ::= range [ "," addrlist ] . grouplist ::= groupentry [ ";" grouplist ] | groupentry ";" | addrmask ";" | addrmask ";" [ grouplist ] . setgrouplist ::= groupentry ";" [ setgrouplist ] . groupentry ::= addrmask "," setgroup . range ::= addrmask | "!" addrmask . hashlist ::= hashentry ";" [ hashlist ] . hashentry ::= addrmask . addrmask ::= ipaddr | ipaddr "/" mask . mask ::= number | ipaddr . groupname ::= number | name . number ::= digit { digit } . ipaddr = host-num "." host-num "." host-num "." host-num . host-num = digit [ digit [ digit ] ] . digit ::= "0" | "1" | "2" | "3" | "4" | "5" | "6" | "7" | "8" | "9" . name ::= letter { letter | digit } . The IP pool configuration file is used for defining a single object that contains a reference to multiple IP address/netmask pairs. A pool can consist of a mixture of netmask sizes, from 0 to 32. In the current release, only IPv4 addressing is supported in IP pools. The IP pool configuration file provides for defining two different mechanisms for improving speed in matching IP addresses with rules. The first, table, defines a lookup table to provide a single reference in a filter rule to multiple targets. The second mechanism, group-map, provides a mechanism to target multiple groups from a single filter line. The group-map command can be used only with filter rules that use the call command to invoke either fr_srcgrpmap or fr_dstgrpmap, to use the source or destination address, respectively, for determining which filter group to jump to next for continuation of filter packet pro- cessing. Pool Types Two storage formats are provided: hash tables and tree structure. The hash table is intended for use with objects that all contain the same netmask or a few, different sized-netmasks of non-overlapping address space. The tree is designed for supporting exceptions to a covering mask, in addition to normal searching as you would do with a table. It is not possible to use the tree data storage type with group-map configuration entries. Pool Roles When a pool is defined in the configuration file, it must have an associated role. At present the only supported role is ipf. Future devel- opment might see further expansion of the use of roles by other sections of IPFilter code. EXAMPLES
The following examples show how the pool configuration file is used with the ipf configuration file to enhance the succinctness of the lat- ter file's entries. Example 1: Referencing Specific Pool The following example shows how a filter rule makes reference to a specific pool for matching of the source address. pass in from pool/100 to any The following pool configuration matches IP addresses 1.1.1.1 and any in 2.2.0.0/16, except for those in 2.2.2.0/24. table role = ipf type = tree number = 100 { 1.1.1.1/32, 2.2.0.0/16, !2.2.2.0/24 }; Example 2: ipf Configuration Entry The following ipf.conf excerpt uses the fr_srcgrpmap/fr_dstgrpmap lookups to use the group-map facility to look up the next group to use for filter processing, providing the call filter rule is matched. call now fr_srcgrpmap/1010 in all call now fr_dstgrpmap/2010 out all pass in all group 1020 block in all group 1030 pass out all group 2020 block out all group 2040 An ippool configuration to work with the preceding ipf.conf segment might look like the following: group-map in role = ipf number = 1010 { 1.1.1.1/32, group = 1020; 3.3.0.0/16, group = 1030; }; group-map out role = ipf number = 2010 group = 2020 { 2.2.2.2/32; 4.4.0.0/16; 5.0.0.0/8, group = 2040; }; FILES
o /dev/ippool o /etc/ipf/ippool.conf o /etc/hosts ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipf(1M), ipnat(1M), ippool(1M), ipf(4), attributes(5), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 30 Apr 2004 ippool(4)