Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Problem with extract PDFs from huge files. Post 303045996 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of April 2020 07:21:42 AM
Old 04-21-2020
Quote:
We have some binary files
What kind of binary file, exactly? What is the file extension?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a subset from a huge dataset

Hi, All I have a huge file which has 450G. Its tab-delimited format is as below x1 A 50020 1 x1 B 50021 8 x1 C 50022 9 x1 A 50023 10 x2 D 50024 5 x2 C 50025 7 x2 F 50026 8 x2 N 50027 1 : : Now, I want to extract a subset from this file. In this subset, column 1 is x10, column 2 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running Perl Script with huge data files

Hello Everyone, I have a perl script that reads two types of data files (txt and XML). These data files are huge and large in number. I am using something like this : foreach my $t (@text) { open TEXT, $t or die "Cannot open $t for reading: $!\n"; while(my $line=<TEXT>){ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three Difference File Huge Data Comparison Problem.

I got three different file: Part of File 1 ARTPHDFGAA . . Part of File 2 ARTGHHYESA . . Part of File 3 ARTPOLYWEA . . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pdfs in command line

Hi, I'm trying to search for a particular phrase in a large number of PDFs in a particular directory. What I've done so far only prints out the line, but I haven't been able to display in which file the phrase appears. find . -name '*.pdf' -exec pdftotext {} - \; | grep "search phrase" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance problem with removing duplicates in a huge file (50+ GB)

I'm trying to remove duplicate data from an input file with unsorted data which is of size >50GB and write the unique records to a new file. I'm trying and already tried out a variety of options posted in similar threads/forums. But no luck so far.. Any suggestions please ? Thanks !! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan K
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract few content from a huge list of files

I have a huge list of files (about 300,000) which have a pattern like this. .I 1 .U 87049087 .S Am J Emerg .M Allied Health Personnel/*; Electric Countershock/*; .T Refibrillation managed by EMT-Ds: .P ARTICLE. .W Some patients converted from ventricular fibrillation to organized... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script monitor directory and subdirectories for new pdfs

I need bash script that monitor folders for new pdf files and create xml file for rss feed with newest files on the list. I have some script, but it reports errors. #!/bin/bash SYSDIR="/var/www/html/Intranet" HTTPLINK="http://TYPE.IP.ADDRESS.HERE/pdfs" FEEDTITLE="Najnoviji dokumenti na... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: markus1981
20 Replies
MU-EXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MU-EXTRACT(1)

NAME
mu_extract - display and save message parts (attachments), and open them with other tools. SYNOPSIS
mu extract [options] <file> mu extract [options] <file> <pattern> DESCRIPTION
mu extact is the mu sub-command for extracting MIME-parts (e.g., attachments) from mail messages. It works on message files, and does not require the message to be indexed in the database. For attachments, the file name used when saving it, is the name of the attachment in the message. If there is no such name, or when saving non-attachment MIME-parts, a name is derived from the message-id of the message. If you specify a pattern (a case-insensitive regular expression) as the second argument, all attachments with filenames matching that pat- tern will be extracted. The regular expressions are Perl-compatible (as per the PCRE-library). Without any options, mu extract simply outputs the list of leaf MIME-parts in the message. Only 'leaf' MIME-parts (including RFC822 attach- ments) are considered, multipart/* etc. are ignored. OPTIONS
-a, --save-attachments save all MIME-parts that look like attachments. --save-all save all non-multipart MIME-parts. --parts=<parts> only consider the following numbered parts (comma-separated list).The numbers for the parts can be seen from running mu extract without any options but only the message file. --target-dir=<dir> save the parts in the target directory rather than the current working directory. --overwrite overwrite existing files with the same name; by default overwriting is not allowed. --play Try to 'play' (open) the attachment with the default application for the particular file type. On MacOS, this uses the open program, on other platforms is uses xdg-open. You can choose a different program by setting the MU_PLAY_PROGRAM environment variable. EXAMPLES
To display information about all the MIME-parts in a message file: $ mu extract msgfile To extract MIME-part 3 and 4 from this message, overwriting existing files with the same name: $ mu extract --parts=3,4 --overwrite msgfile To extract all files ending in '.jpg' (case-insensitive): $ mu extract msgfile '.*.jpg' To extract an mp3-file, and play it in the the default mp3-playing application. $ mu extract --play msgfile 'whoopsididitagain.mp3' BUGS
Please report bugs if you find them: http://code.google.com/p/mu0/issues/list AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu(1) User Manuals February 2012 MU-EXTRACT(1)