Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nonsense error in FORTRAN
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Nonsense error in FORTRAN Post 303045973 by AkaAlteir on Monday 20th of April 2020 04:18:33 PM
Old 04-20-2020
Nonsense error in FORTRAN

Hello, I've been trying to set up a code for fortran, it's about integration, the problem comes when I try to compile the program, the log shows 2 errors: "Error: Expected a right parenthesis in expression " 2 times, and only in 1 shows the line in which it's apparently located (32), I'm going crazy cause i can't find the problem, does anyone know what's wrong?, the code is:

Code:
program main
  implicit none
  integer :: n,i,k
  real*8 :: a,b,x,trapecio,s,suma1,suma2,x2,formula1,formula2,eps,div,h

!variables
  n=3
  a=0d8
  b=4d8

!calculate the additions 1 a n-1 y 2 a n-2

suma1=0d0
  suma2=0d0
  do n=3,300,2*n
   h=(b-a)/dble(n)

do i=1,n-1,2
            x=a+dble(i)*h
            formula1= 1/(1+(x^2))
            suma1=  suma1 + formula1
        end do

do k= 2,n-2,2
            x2=a+dble(k)*h
            formula2 =1/(1 + (x2^2)
            suma2= suma2+ formula2
        end do

trapecio= h/3* &
     (1+ 4*suma1 + 2*suma2 + 1(1/n^2))
     div= trapecio/(trapecio/2)
            if (div < 1d-6) then
                exit
            end if

write(*,*), trapecio
   end do
  end

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error running FORTRAN code

Hi, I am new to this forum and do not know whether this is the appropriate place to post this question. Anyway am trying my luck. I have a fortran program swanhcat.ftn, which is part of a wave modelling system. There is also a file hcat.nml which is required to run this program. The program's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyakg
9 Replies

2. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

4. Programming

Error in my FORTRAN program

I have a Fortran program and I am writing out to logical unit 7. The program is reading from a text file and writing to the new file formatted. It gets through the read and writes some to the file but then stops with the following error: 1525-013 The sequential WRITE statement cannot be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
5 Replies
div(3C) 						   Standard C Library Functions 						   div(3C)

NAME
div, ldiv, lldiv - compute the quotient and remainder SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> div_t div(int numer, int denom); ldiv_t ldiv(long int numer, long int denom); lldiv_t lldiv(long long numer, long long denom); DESCRIPTION
The div() function computes the quotient and remainder of the division of the numerator numer by the denominator denom. It provides a well- defined semantics for the signed integral division and remainder operations, unlike the implementation-defined semantics of the built-in operations. The sign of the resulting quotient is that of the algebraic quotient, and if the division is inexact, the magnitude of the resulting quotient is the largest integer less than the magnitude of the algebraic quotient. If the result cannot be represented, the behavior is undefined; otherwise, quotient * denom + remainder will equal numer. The ldiv() and lldiv() functions are similar to div(), except that the arguments and the members of the returned structure are different. The ldiv() function returns a structure of type ldiv_t and has type long int. The lldiv() function returns a structure of type lldiv_t and has type long long. RETURN VALUES
The div() function returns a structure of type div_t, comprising both the quotient and remainder: int quot; /*quotient*/ int rem; /*remainder*/ The ldiv() function returns a structure of type ldiv_t and lldiv() returns a structure of type lldiv_t, comprising both the quotient and remainder: long int quot; /*quotient*/ long int rem; /*remainder*/ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Jul 2002 div(3C)