Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Filter valid hexadecimal color codes Post 303045965 by sean96 on Monday 20th of April 2020 09:31:14 AM
Old 04-20-2020
Filter valid hexadecimal color codes

So I have a text file containing valid and invalid hexadecimal color codes. Would I need to build a custom c program to filter the valid color codes or would a standard unix command achieve this?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using color escape codes in less

Hi all, Not sure how "for dummies" this question is, but I'd better use understatement... A. My Environment ============== I am using RedHat Linux, version 2.6.18-53.el5. When I type less --version I get: less 394 Copyright (C) 1984-2005 Mark Nudelman ... My terminal is configured... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Source2Exe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expression on hex color codes

I want to have all hex color codes in a given stylesheet in uppercase, so #fff should be converted to #FFF for instance. Here is the regular expression I use to match and convert hex color codes to uppercase: sed -e 's/^#({3}$)|({6}$)/^#({3}$)|({6}$)/' main.css However, no conversion to uppercase... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

3. Programming

Using ANSI color codes in gcc compiled program

I have put some yellow color codes and works well. I call the funstion using print_usage(stderr, 0); I would like to know if there is any way, to store the ansi color codes in variables and then call them inside fprintf. Or have a format followed by the strings I want to output. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display file with escaped color codes

Hi, I have a file containing color codes: Fri May 25 17:13:04 2012: Starting MTA: exim4^ Loading cpufreq kernel modules...^How can I display it colorized on a linux terminal? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk color codes based on condition

HI i have two files say test and test1 Test.txt Code: Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 99.6% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun04 2TB 1.55TB 89.6% Code: Test1.txt Lun01 2TB 1.99TB 89.5% Lun02 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Lun03 2TB 1.99TB 99.5% Requirement is to compare... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter Data based on codes

Hello, I have a question on how to filter the data on multiple columns. The problem is I have one table with 25 columns, 4500 rows. I need to filter out the data based on some codes like 'XXXX', I have 25 codes to check on that table. My requirement is that which ever row has this code I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep309
1 Replies
XcmsStoreColor()														  XcmsStoreColor()

Name
  XcmsStoreColor - store a specified color into a read/write colormap cell.

Synopsis
  Status XcmsStoreColor(display, colormap, color)
	Display *display;
	Colormap colormap;
	XcmsColor *color;

Arguments
  display   Specifies the connection to the X server.

colormap  Specifies the colormap.

color     Specifies the color cell and the color to store.  Values specified in this XcmsColor structure remain unchanged upon return.

Returns
  Zero on failure, non-zero on success.

Availability
  Release 5 and later.

Description
  XcmsStoreColor()  converts the color specified in the XcmsColor structure into RGB values and then uses this RGB specification in an XColor
  structure, whose three flags (DoRed, DoGreen, and DoBlue) are set, in a call to XStoreColor() to change the color  cell  specified  by  the
  pixel  member  of the XcmsColor structure.  This pixel value must be a valid index for the specified colormap, and the color cell specified
  by the pixel value must be a read/write cell.  If the pixel value is not a valid index, a BadValue error results.  If  the  color  cell  is
  unallocated or is allocated read-only, a BadAccess error results.  If the colormap is an installed map for its screen, the changes are vis-
  ible immediately.

Note that XStoreColor() does not return a Status therefore this function's return status can only indicate if a color conversion  was  suc-
  cessful and the call to XStoreColor() was made.  XcmsStoreColor() returns XcmsSuccess if it succeeded in converting the color specification
  and called XStoreColor().  It returns XcmsSuccessWithCompression if it converted the requested device-independent color to the  device  RGB
  color  space	with gamut compression and completed the call to XStoreColor().  It returns XcmsFailure if it could not convert the specified
  color at all.  To obtain the actual color stored, use XcmsQueryColor().  Due to the screen's hardware limitations or gamut compression, the
  color stored in the colormap may not be identical to the color specified.

Errors
  BadAccess The specified colormap cell was read-only.

BadColor  The colormap argument does not name a defined colormap.

BadValue  The specified pixel does not represent a valid color cell in the specified colormap.

Structures
  The XcmsColor structure and XcmsColorFormat type are shown on the XcmsColor reference page.

See Also
  XcmsAllocColor(),  XcmsAllocNamedColor(),  XcmsLookupColor(),  XcmsQueryColor(), XcmsQueryColors(), XcmsStoreColors(), XcmsStoreNamedColor,
  XAllocColor(), XAllocNamedColor(), XLookupColor(), XParseColor(), XQueryColor(), XQueryColors(), XStoreColor(), XStoreColors().

Xlib - Device-independent Color 												  XcmsStoreColor()