Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Request to re open reference thread Post 303045929 by hicksd8 on Saturday 18th of April 2020 01:49:19 PM
Old 04-18-2020
Your PM to me indicates that you are concerned about confidential information.

I will move the thread to "members only" area. Your original request was addressed to Neo and I'm sure that he will arbitrate from here on.

Only logged in members can see it now. If you are still worried then do send one PM direct to Neo fully explaining your worry.

Last edited by hicksd8; 04-18-2020 at 02:57 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Open any thread, get a zero-byte blank page

I've made the thread title as descriptive as possible since I don't know if the admins can open it. Well sure, now I can open THIS one. I'm getting it on any other thread I try in What's On Your Mind and High Level Programming. Okay, it's decided to make a liar of me now. It seems to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request: Move thread to a different subforum

Hi, I've just posted a new thread on the "IP Networking" subforum, with the subject "Check connectivity with multiple hosts - BASH script available here". However, I think it should be on the "Shell Programming and Scripting" subforum, could you please move that thread there? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fr3dY
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread / post doesn't open

Dear colleagues, this post doesn't open; error message: Anything we / I can do? Rgds Rüdiger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
0 Replies
uiomove(9r)															       uiomove(9r)

NAME
uiomove - General: Moves data between user and system virtual space SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/uio.h> int uiomove( caddr_t kern_buf, int nbytes, struct uio *uio ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to the kernel buffer in system virtual space. Specifies the number of bytes of data to be moved. Specifies a pointer to a uio structure. This structure describes the current position within a logical user buffer in user virtual space. DESCRIPTION
The uiomove routine moves data between user and system virtual space. Data can be moved in either direction. Accessibility to the logical user buffer is verified before the move is made. Accessibility to the kernel buffer is always assumed. The kernel buffer must always be of sufficient size to accommodate the data. It cannot be less than the number of bytes requested to be moved. Data corruption or a system panic may result if this condition occurs. The size of the logical user buffer, as described by the uio structure, may be less than, equal to, or greater than the number of bytes requested. The number of bytes actually moved is truncated whenever this size is not sufficient to fulfill a request. In all other cases, only the bytes requested are moved. Normally there is no need for kernel modules to set up uio structures or worry about their composition or content. The uio structures are usually set up externally to kernel modules. Their addresses are passed in through the dsent table as arguments to module read and write routines. The user logical buffers they describe are accessed only by routines external to the module, for example, uiomove. The external uio structures are quite often updated by such accesses. The uiomove routine always updates the uio structure to reflect the number of bytes actually moved. The structure continues to describe the current position within the logical user buffer. The structure members that are subject to change are listed in the SIDE EFFECTS sec- tion. NOTES
You can also use the uiomove routine to move data only within system virtual space. In such cases, you still specify a pointer to a uio structure. However, in these cases, the structure describes a logical buffer in system virtual space. SIDE EFFECTS
The uiomove routine can update the following members of the uio structure: Specifies the address of the current logical buffer segment. Specifies the number of remaining logical buffer segments. Specifies the size of the remaining logical buffer. Specifies the current off- set into the full logical buffer. The uiomove routine can update the following members of uio_iov (the logical buffer segment descriptor vector): Specifies the address of the current byte within the current logical buffer segment. Specifies the remaining size of the current segment. RETURN VALUES
Upon successfully moving the data, the uiomove routine returns the value 0 (zero). This action implies that the user virtual space described by the uio structure is accessible. Otherwise, uiomove returns the error value EFAULT, indicating an inability to fully access the user virtual space from within the context of the current process. A partial move may have occurred before the logical user buffer became inaccessible. The uio structure is appropriately updated to reflect such partial moves. The EFAULT return value is suitable for placement in the u_error member of the user structure. Following failure of a system call, this member contains the error code automatically returned in errno to the current process. Kernel module writers should explicitly set this value when it is returned and disallow the requested operation. This setting lets the current process determine the appropriate reason (``bad address'') why its request could not be satisfied. SEE ALSO
Routines: copyin(9r), copyout(9r), fubyte(9r), subyte(9r) Data Structures: uio(9s) uiomove(9r)