Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Request to re open reference thread Post 303045928 by shanul karim on Saturday 18th of April 2020 12:55:08 PM
Old 04-18-2020
Need to modify some information

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Open any thread, get a zero-byte blank page

I've made the thread title as descriptive as possible since I don't know if the admins can open it. Well sure, now I can open THIS one. I'm getting it on any other thread I try in What's On Your Mind and High Level Programming. Okay, it's decided to make a liar of me now. It seems to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request to close a thread that has been answered

Good Afternoon, The following post "how-get-program-name-produced-io-error-redirected-log-nohup-command" is already answered. You can go ahead and close it. Thanks for your help. Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Request: Move thread to a different subforum

Hi, I've just posted a new thread on the "IP Networking" subforum, with the subject "Check connectivity with multiple hosts - BASH script available here". However, I think it should be on the "Shell Programming and Scripting" subforum, could you please move that thread there? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fr3dY
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread / post doesn't open

Dear colleagues, this post doesn't open; error message: Anything we / I can do? Rgds Rüdiger (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
0 Replies
attrlist(1m)															      attrlist(1m)

NAME
attrlist - A dcecp task object that manipulates attribute lists SYNOPSIS
attrlist add attrlist -member attrlist attrlist getvalues attrlist -type typename attrlist help [operation | -verbose] attrlist list attrlist attrlist modify attrlist {[-add attribute_type attribute_values] [-change attribute_type attribute_values] [-remove attribute_type attribute_values]} attrlist operations attrlist remove attrlist -member attrlist ARGUMENTS
A list of one or more dcecp elements. An attrlist can be a single character, but usually consists of at least one attribute type and its value, as shown in the following: {CDS_Convergence medium} The name of the attrlist operation for which to display help information. DESCRIPTION
The attrlist task object represents an attribute list as returned or accepted by many dcecp commands. Use this object to check or manipu- late attribute lists so that they can be used by other commands, most commonly in scripts. OPERATIONS
attrlist add Appends one attribute list to another. The syntax is as follows: attrlist add attrlist -member attrlist The add operation returns an attribute list with the attributes specified as the value of the required -member option appended. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist add command. Examples dcecp> attrlist add {{a b} {c d}} -member {{e f} {g h}} {a b} {c d} {e f} {g h} dcecp> attrlist getvalues Returns the values of the attributes named in an attribute list. The syntax is as follows: attrlist getvalues attrlist -type typename The getvalues operation returns the values of all attributes that are both named in the attribute list and of the type specified by the required -type option. The value can be a single type, but if the attribute appears more than once in the attribute list, the value of each instance is returned on a separate line. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist getvalues command. Examples dcecp> attrlist getvalues {{a w x} {c y} {a z}] -type a {w x} z dcecp> This command can be used to filter the output of show operations. For example: dcecp> attrlist getvalues [dir show /.:/hosts] -type CDS_UTS 1994-07-01-10:29:59.265-05:00I0.000/00-00-c0-f7-de-56 dcecp> With abbreviations, the above command could be entered as follows: dcecp> at g [dir show /.:/hosts] -t CDS_UTS 1994-07-01-10:29:59.265-05:00I0.000/00-00-c0-f7-de-56 dcecp> attrlist help Returns help information about the attrlist task object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: attrlist help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the attrlist task object. Used without an argument or option, the attrlist help command returns brief information about each attrlist operation. The optional opera- tion argument is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option for more detailed information about the attrlist task object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist help command. Examples dcecp> attrlist help add Adds attributes to a list. getvalues Returns the values of specified attributes. list Returns the attribute types present in a list. modify Modifies an attribute list. remove Removes attributes from a list. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> attrlist list Returns a list of attribute type names from an attribute list. The syntax is as follows: attrlist list attrlist The list operation returns a list of all the attribute type names in the attribute list in the order that they appear in the list. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist list command. Examples dcecp> attrlist list {{a b} {c d}} a c dcecp> attrlist modify Removes and changes attributes and their values in an attribute list. The syntax is as follows: attrlist modify attrlist {[-add attribute_type attribute_values] [-change attribute_type attribute_values] [-remove attribute_type attribute_values]} The modify operation returns an attribute list with the input attributes modified as specified by the -add, -remove and -change options. New attributes can be added, or new values added to existing attributes with -add. Entire attributes or attribute values can be removed with -remove. The -change option removes all values from an existing attribute and replaces them with new values specified. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist modify command. Examples dcecp> attrlist modify {{a b} {c d}} -add {{c e}} {a b} {c d e} dcecp> dcecp> attrlist modify {{a b} {c d e}} -remove {{c e}} {a b} {c d} dcecp> dcecp> attrlist modify {{a b} {c d e}} -change {{c f}} {a b} {c f} dcecp> attrlist operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the attrlist task object. The syntax is as follows: attrlist operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist operations command. Examples dcecp> attrlist operations add getvalues list modify remove help operations dcecp> attrlist remove Removes attributes and their values from an attribute list. The syntax is as follows: attrlist remove attrlist -member attrlist The remove operation returns an attribute list after removing attribute types (and their values) specified as an argument to the required -member option. This command removes entire attributes only; to remove specific values, use the attrlist modify command. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the attrlist remove command. Examples dcecp> attrlist remove {{a b} {c d} {e f} {g h}} -member {e g} {a b} {c d} dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: dcecp(1m). attrlist(1m)