Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Control not returning to UNIX when sqlplus is executed in while loop of shell script Post 303045885 by MadeInGermany on Friday 17th of April 2020 01:43:04 AM
Old 04-17-2020
Put the end marker ! of the here doc at the very beginning of the line!
For example
Code:
   E_WLM_SQL_RESULT=`
sqlplus -s /@${E_WLM_DB} <<!
      set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo on
      whenever SQLERROR exit SQL.SQLCODE
      whenever OSERROR exit 9
      $sql_Stmt;
      commit;
!
    `

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, Iam calling a C program from a Unix shell script. The (C) program reads encrypted username/password from a text file , decrypts and returns the decrypted string. Is there any way i can return the decrypted string to Unix shell program. My shell script uses the output of the program to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help!

I have wrriten a script to call sql script to do some work in database. However, the script couldn't be executed. The only information was: ksh: ./updt_attrib.ksh cannot execute. Please help me to identify where the problem is. I post script here for your reference. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/ksh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

3. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, I'm having a requirement where I need to call a C program from a shell script and return the value from the C program to shell script. I refered a thread in this forum. But using that command in the code, it is throwing an error clear_text_password=$(get_password) Error: bash:... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning un executed string to shell prompt

Hi all, i'm pritty new to chell scripting I'm trying to find a way to return a value to shell without it executing. is there a special character that will encase a sting including the command to a shell without executing, so waiting for the user to press enter. say i wanted to return a value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control from UNIX script is not returning to the Parent program

Hi All, My program flow is as below Windows batch -- > Cygwin batch --> zsh script There are multiple Cygwin batch scripts that are called from Windows batch file . But when i am executing the first cygwin batch script the control goes to the zsh file and executes and stoping from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have exactly same issue @vikas_trl had in following link: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/259854-control-not-returning-sqlplus-calling-unix-shell-script.html I wonder if he or somebody else could find the issue's cause or the solution. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoQ
4 Replies
gd_eof(3)							      GETDATA								 gd_eof(3)

NAME
gd_eof -- report the number of samples in a dirfile field SYNOPSIS
#include <getdata.h> off_t gd_eof(DIRFILE *dirfile, const char *field_code); DESCRIPTION
The gd_eof() function queries a dirfile(5) database specified by dirfile and returns the sample number of the end-of-field marker for the vector field given by field_code. This is effectively the total number of samples available for the field, including any frame offset. The caller should not assume that this is equivalent (when accounting for the samples-per-frame of the indicated field) to the number of frames in the database returned by gd_nframes(3), nor even that the end-of-field marker falls on a frame boundary. For a RAW field, the end-of-field marker occurs immediately after the last datum in the data file associated with the field. For other field types, the end-of-field marker is equivalent to the end-of-field marker closest to the start of the dirfile of any of the field in- puts. The special field INDEX has no end-of-field marker. The end-of-field marker for a field containing no data is in the same location as, or before, its beginning-of-field marker (see gd_bof(3)). For a RAW field, the difference between the locations of the beginning- and end-of-field markers indicates the number of sam- ples of data actually stored on disk. The dirfile argument must point to a valid DIRFILE object previously created by a call to gd_open(3). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, gd_eof() returns the sample number of the end-of-field marker for the indicated field. On error, it returns -1 and sets the dirfile error to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are: GD_E_BAD_CODE The field specified by field_code or one of the fields it uses as input was not found in the database. GD_E_BAD_DIRFILE The supplied dirfile was invalid. GD_E_BAD_FIELD_TYPE The location of the non-existent end-of-field marker for the special field INDEX was requested, possibly as a result of the field specified by field_code using INDEX as one of its inputs. GD_E_BAD_REPR The representation suffix specified in field_code, or in one of its inputs was not recognised. GD_E_DIMENSION A scalar field was found where a vector field was expected in the definition of field_code or one of its inputs, or else field_code itself specified a scalar field. GD_E_RAW_IO An attempt to stat(2) the file associated with the field, or one of its input fields, failed. GD_E_RECURSE_LEVEL Too many levels of recursion were encountered while trying to resolve field_code. This usually indicates a circular dependency in field specification in the dirfile. GD_E_UNKNOWN_ENCODING The size of the decoded data file associated with the specified field or one of its inputs could not be determined, because its en- coding scheme was not understood. GD_E_UNSUPPORTED The size of the decoded data file associated with the specified field or one of its inputs could not be determined, because its en- coding scheme was not supported. The dirfile error may be retrieved by calling gd_error(3). A descriptive error string for the last error encountered can be obtained from a call to gd_error_string(3). SEE ALSO
dirfile(5), dirfile-encoding(5), gd_open(3), gd_bof(3), gd_error(3), gd_error_string(3), gd_nframes(3) Version 0.7.0 15 October 2010 gd_eof(3)