Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream Post 303045869 by KSiboe on Thursday 16th of April 2020 12:38:56 PM
Old 04-16-2020
Java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Hi guys.

I am trying to unzip a file (a zipped directory from a remote server) using the 'jar xvf' command. The problem is, it extracts a few of the items therein and throws the below error message:
Code:
java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:240)
        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:158)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:194)
        at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(ZipInputStream.java:140)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.extractFile(Main.java:1072)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.extract(Main.java:981)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:311)
        at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1288)

Has anyone else come across this issue? How did you fix it.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags tags!
Thank you.

Last edited by Peasant; 04-16-2020 at 02:21 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting java output stream as system commands in Solaris

Hi there again, Running Solaris 10 with built-in Java. Seems to compile and run fine. Problem is: Say I want to see contents of current directory. In a shell, I'd just write "ls" and it outputs the content. When I write a Java file, I have the following line: System.out.println("ls"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file unexpected

hi i have error like this' syntax error end of file unexecpeted.and give me the example of cut command as soon as possible: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HI, I was converting a .bat file to .sh file for unix Code snippet #!/usr/bin/sh set -x if then goto RegularBuild; CURDIR="$1"; cd "$CURDIR"; :RegularBuild echo "Checking for existing fip_help.properties in def/properties directory..." if then rm -f fip_help.properties; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srisreeku
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the last value in the input stream

Hello Everyone, The situation is: $ alias rm="sh abc.sh" #abc.sh: read input echo "The input was: " $input $ rm xyz.txt should return "The input was: xyz.txt" Here, I want the alias "rm" to execute the file "abc.sh", where "abc.sh" should take "xyz.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qasim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file

Hi, On adding below code to my script shows the error on executing else script works fine. sqlplus $user_name/$password <<EOL truncate table order; commit; truncate table order_hist; commit; insert into order(ID,TRAN,CUST_NAME,OPT_VAL) select * from order_bkp; insert into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

I dont know where I missed the double quotes .:wall:pls review this code and help me out . m1: line 26: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' m1: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file echo "script is created by prabhu Kumar "; echo "changing the directory to wes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a file from input stream

Hi, Need some help with creating a file from input steam. Meaning from following command myfunc should be able to store the input stream to a file. echo a b c | myfunc The file thus created should have - a b c Here's what I've tried in myfunc() but didn't help - myfunc() { cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
3 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine - Object for execution of the Eponine which is a mammalian TSS predictor SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine; use strict; my $seq = "/data/seq.fa"; my $threshold = "0.999"; my @params = ( '-seq' => $seq, '-threshold' => $threshold, '-epojar' => '/usr/local/bin/eponine-scan.jar', '-java' => '/usr/local/bin/java'); my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine->new(@params); # run eponine against fasta my $r = $factory->run($seq); my $parser = Bio::Tools::Eponine->new($r); while (my $feat = $parser->next_prediction){ #$feat contains array of SeqFeature foreach my $orf($feat){ print $orf->seqname. " "; } } # Various additional options and input formats are available. See # the DESCRIPTION section for details. DESCRIPTION
wrapper for eponine, a mammalian TSS predictor. The environment variable EPONINEDIR must be set to point at either the directory which contains eponine-scan.jar or directly at the jar which eponine-scan classfiles. NOTE: EPONINEDIR must point at the real file not a symlink. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR
Email gisoht@nus.edu.sg APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ java Title : java Usage : $obj->java('/usr/opt/java130/bin/java'); Function: Get/set method for the location of java VM Args : File path (optional) epojar Title : epojar Usage : $obj->epojar('/some/path/to/eponine-scan.jar'); Function: Get/set method for the location of the eponine-scan executable JAR Args : Path (optional) threshold Title : threshold Usage : my $threshold = $self->threshold Function: Get/Set the threshold for Eponine Returns : string Args : b/w 0.9 and 1.0 run Title : run Usage : my @genes = $self->run($seq) Function: runs Eponine and creates an array of features Returns : An Array of SeqFeatures Args : A Bio::PrimarySeqI predict_TSS Title : predict_TSS Usage : Alias for run() _setinput() Title : _setinput Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: writes input sequence to file and return the file name Example : Returns : string Args : _run_eponine Title : run_eponine Usage : $obj->_run_eponine() Function: execs the Java VM to run eponine Returns : none Args : none perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine(3pm)