Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Systemd specify a config file Post 303045858 by Peasant on Thursday 16th of April 2020 02:51:10 AM
Old 04-16-2020
What is the error you are getting when starting your service ?
Is there anything written in status or in the system logs ?

What operating system version is this ?

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Linux systemd - Is it really required?

I was testing Fedora 16 mostly to check the new features. One thing that caught my eye as a systems admin is the systemd which is incorporated in Fedora for quite a while now. From the first look of it, this appears more close to Solaris's SMF. With parallelization capabilities, advanced... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Systemd

I am writing a program that must determine certain things about services. How can I, or my program, determine which services are started automatically when a given target becomes active. It is my impression that just looking in the target's .wants directory is inadequate because of other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandon9000
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Systemd

Hallo I don't know where to put my question so I put it here. I want that systemd let run a script but only on shutdown or reboot and before the system umount the mounted devices. I look on google but only a little information is found and not working Until no, I don't find an solution for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thailand
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Starting mgetty with systemd?

Hello All, OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) uname -a: Linux linux.site 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux So this is my first attempt at starting a service at boot with systemd. I've done this with inittab in the past, but I'm having... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies

8. Linux

CentOS7 systemd-timer

hi moring everyone, i has used systemd-timer running the task, i set every 5 second execute 1 times,but the systemd-timer don't by that also random times execute. what's reason. testest.timer configure ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
TRIMHISTORY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    TRIMHISTORY(8)

NAME
trimhistory - Remove old Xymon history-log entries SYNOPSIS
trimhistory --cutoff=TIME [options] DESCRIPTION
The trimhistory tool is used to purge old entries from the Xymon history logs. These logfiles accumulate information about all status changes that have occurred for any given service, host, or the entire Xymon system, and is used to generate the event- and history-log web- pages. Purging old entries can be done while Xymon is running, since the tool takes care not to commit updates to a file if it changes mid-way through the operation. In that case, the update is aborted and the existing logfile is left untouched. Optionally, this tool will also remove logfiles from hosts that are no longer defined in the Xymon bb-hosts(5) file. As an extension, even logfiles from services can be removed, if the service no longer has a valid status-report logged in the current Xymon status. OPTIONS
--cutoff=TIME This defines the cutoff-time when processing the history logs. Entries dated before this time are discarded. TIME is specified as the number of seconds since the beginning of the Epoch. This is easily generated by the GNU date(1) utility, e.g. the following com- mand will trim history logs of all entries prior to Oct. 1st 2004: trimhistory --cutoff=`date +%s --date="1 Oct 2004"` --outdir=DIRECTORY Normally, files in the BBHIST directory are replaced. This option causes trimhistory to save the shortened history logfiles to another directory, so you can verify that the operation works as intended. The output directory must exist. --drop Causes trimhistory to delete files from hosts that are not listed in the bb-hosts(5) file. --dropsvcs Causes trimhistory to delete files from services that are not currently tracked by Xymon. Normally these files would be left untouched if only the host exists. --droplogs Process the BBHISTLOGS directory also, and delete status-logs from events prior to the cut-off time. Note that this can dramatically increase the processing time, since there are often lots and lots of files to process. --progress[=N] This will cause trimhistory to output a status line for every N history logs or status-log collections it processes, to indicate how far it has progressed. The default setting for N is 100. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before executing trimhistory. --debug Enable debugging output. FILES
$BBHIST/allevents The eventlog of all events that have happened in Xymon. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME The per-host eventlogs. $BBHIST/HOSTNAME.SERVICE The per-service eventlogs. $BBHISTLOGS/*/* The historical status-logs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
BBHIST The directory holding all history logs. BBHISTLOGS The top-level directory for the historical status-log collections. BBHOSTS The location of the bb-hosts file, holding the list of currently known hosts in Xymon. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), bb-hosts(5) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 TRIMHISTORY(8)