Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk with echo list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk with echo list Post 303045814 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 14th of April 2020 03:19:58 AM
Old 04-14-2020
<( list ) (process substitution) not available is sh, your first example was probably using bash to run the script.

You could try this instead:

Code:
col_list='{print $64,$64,$52,$64,$64,$33}'
tail -n +"${record_pstn}" "${file_name}" | /usr/bin/awk "$col_list" FS="${ifs}" OFS="${ofs}"

Or roll the tail command into awk like this:

Code:
col_list='{print $64,$64,$52,$64,$64,$33}'
/usr/bin/awk "FNR >= ${record_pstn} $col_list" FS="${ifs}" OFS="${ofs}" "${file_name}"

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 04-14-2020 at 04:26 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo is too slow. HELP with Awk

Hello All, Below is a simple script i worte to find the 208th char in a file. If the char = "C" then I re-direct the line to a file called change.txt. If it is not "C" then I re-direct it to a file called delete.txt. My problem is I have a file 0f 500K lines. this script is very slow. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to echo ???

Hi All, I have the below command. awk 'BEGIN {printf("%1s","cat")}' > temp.txt can i do the same using echo ?If So, how? Thanks JS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using echo in AWK

Hello, I have written the script below to extract specific data from a text file and then use the data extracted as parameters for another shell script call 'loto_tsim'. Everytime I run my script it complains about the 'echo' line. Am I missing something? I have spent hours and still cannot solve... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform echo and awk inside a string

hi, just wanted to make a shortcut of this one a="a b c" b=`echo $a | awk '{print $2}'` echo "the middle is $b" why can't i do this: a="a b c" echo "the middle is ${`echo $a | awk '{print $2}'`}" <- bad substitution :wall: thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve performance of echo |awk

Hi, I have a script which looks like this. Input file data1^20 data2^30 #!/bin/sh file"/home/Test.txt" while read line do echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $2 }' echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $1 }' | gzip | wc -c done <"$file" How can i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with writing to output - awk, echo

Hello all, I wrote this command line for some calculation on my given input files based on another input file which is a txt file. while read BAM REGION; do samtools view $BAM $REGION | awk '{if ($2==0) print $0}' | wc -l >>log.txt; echo "$REGION"; done >> log.txt <regions.txt It takes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining echo and awk

i have a script that has many lines similar to: echo $var | awk -F"--" '{print $2}' as you can see, two commands are being run here. echo and awk. id like to combine this into one awk statement. i tried: awk -F"--" "BEGIN{print $var; print $2}" but i get error messages. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo awk output from its variable

Stumped with the formatting of the awk output when used with variables, e.g.: awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print {$2,$3,$4}' $infile1 produces the desired output (with rows), but when echoing the variable below, the output is one continuous line var1=$(awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to save output of echo and awk to a file

Hi, I am generating a YAML file from a hosts file, but am having trouble saving it to a new file. hosts file 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.2 host1 192.168.1.3 host2 192.168.1.4 host3 192.168.1.5 host4 YAML file $ echo 'host_entries:' && awk '{printf " %s:\n ip:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
3 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)