Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Compare two directory and find differents Post 303045797 by RudiC on Monday 13th of April 2020 04:33:35 PM
Old 04-13-2020
Did you ever try to run that line?

Try instead

Code:
cd SRC; for FN in *.doc*; do [ ! -f ../DST/${FN%.*}.pdf ] && echo $FN; done; cd ..
File2.docx
File6.doc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory compare script

Hello, I am looking for a script, or pointer to an approach to creating a script, that will compare two versions of a codebase and output a third directory structure containing only the files that differ between the two. I use diff quite often, but it will only create patch files (AFAIK). Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwilliams108
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script That Can navigate to 3 differents directory & remove files under them

Hi I am Trying to Write a script that can goto 4 different directorys on the server & remove the Files older then 30 days ?? /logs logs1 logs2 logs3 Now I need to remove files under logs1 logs2 logs3 which are older then 30 days whose name stat 'sit' , 'mig','bld' . in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can obtain differents data on a single pass?

#!/bin/bash for i in `ls -c1 /usr/share/applications` do #name=`cat /usr/share/applications/$i | grep ^Name= | cut -d = -f2` #categories=`cat /usr/share/applications/$i | grep ^Categories= | sed 's/;/=/g' | cut -d = -f2` name=$(grep ^Name= /usr/share/applications/$i | cut -d = -f2)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare new version of two directory

How to compare new version exist of two path directory. for e.g., path1 - /user/path/test/ path2 - /user/path/score/ If its exist new version then copy that new version into the first path directroy. How will do this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences of bytes from binary for differents blocks

Hello to all, I would like to search sequences of bytes inside big binary file. The bin file contains blocks of information, each block begins is estructured as follow: 1- Each block begins with the hex 32 (1 byte) and ends with FF. After the FF of the last block, it follows 33. 2- Next... (59 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
59 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find every directory named XYZ under the DVLP directory

I only want to find files under each branch of the directory tree inside directories named XYZ and there are multiple XYZ directories? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emc^24sho
7 Replies

7. Programming

Query SQL get two values differents from the same columns

Hi, I have 2 different values in the same column and two different values in other column Query 1 ins name value 1 Test 12345 1 TestV1 12/10/2014 8 Test 85435 8 TestV1 11/11/2005 9 Test 42232 9 TestV1 19/10/2000 6 Test 54321... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: faka
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - matching on 2 columns for differents lines

Given this file (I separated them in block to make my explanation clearer): 92157768877;Sof_deme_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 92157768877;Sof_trav_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 91231838895;Sof_deme_faible_Email_am;EMAIL;26/01/2015;1 0;0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy_K
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directory dates

hi, I need to know if a specific directory exists in a folder named after the date of yesterday (02/06/2015) The problem is simple but not how to do it. :confused:i= date -d "yesterday" '%Y-%m-%d' <- the format of directory is 2015-06-02 if in /var/logroot/index exist directory whit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmeto
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)