Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk unable to print array next to each other Post 303045780 by shanul karim on Monday 13th of April 2020 07:13:33 AM
Old 04-13-2020
Thanks a lot RudC

Noted , Your advise will help me for learning better skill

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?..

Hi, I have two Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08, FC switch and two Sun StorageTek 3500 FC arrays. Each array is connected to switch and to one server at a time. In the last week I installed Solaris 10 5/08 on both servers and set up Sun Cluster, version 3.2. At wednesday all was fine - all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: reading into an array and then print the value corresponding to index

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unable to assign zero to unsigned character array

Hi, I am unable to assign value zero to my variable which is defined as unsigned char. typedef struct ABCD { unsigned char abc; unsigned char def; unsigned char ghi; } ABCD; typedef ABCD *PABCD; In my Por*C code, i assign the values using memcpy like below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Print Array in awk?

Hello, May i please know how do i print the array using awk script. I am using below shell script to start with but not working. #!/bin/bash LOADSTATUS="Line 0" LOADSTATUS="Line 1" LOADSTATUS="Line 2" LOADSTATUS="Line 3" LOADSTATUS="Line 4" awk ' BEGIN { Your File Load Status }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to print python array in shell script loop.

I am unable to loop print a python string array in my unix shell script: ~/readarr.sh '{{ myarr }}' more readarr.sh echo "Parameter 1:"$1 MYARRAY= $1 IFS= MYARRAY=`python <<< "print ' '.join($MYARRAY)"` for a in "$MYARRAY"; do echo "Printing Array: $a" done Can you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
SKILL(1)							   User Commands							  SKILL(1)

NAME
skill, snice - send a signal or report process status SYNOPSIS
skill [signal] [options] expression snice [new priority] [options] expression DESCRIPTION
These tools are obsolete and unportable. The command syntax is poorly defined. Consider using the killall, pkill, and pgrep commands instead. The default signal for skill is TERM. Use -l or -L to list available signals. Particularly useful signals include HUP, INT, KILL, STOP, CONT, and 0. Alternate signals may be specified in three ways: -9 -SIGKILL -KILL. The default priority for snice is +4. Priority numbers range from +20 (slowest) to -20 (fastest). Negative priority numbers are restricted to administrative users. OPTIONS
-f, --fast Fast mode. This option has not been implemented. -i, --interactive Interactive use. You will be asked to approve each action. -l, --list List all signal names. -L, --table List all signal names in a nice table. -n, --no-action No action; perform a simulation of events that would occur but do not actually change the system. -v, --verbose Verbose; explain what is being done. -w, --warnings Enable warnings. This option has not been implemented. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information. PROCESS SELECTION OPTIONS
Selection criteria can be: terminal, user, pid, command. The options below may be used to ensure correct interpretation. -t, --tty tty The next expression is a terminal (tty or pty). -u, --user user The next expression is a username. -p, --pid pid The next expression is a process ID number. -c, --command command The next expression is a command name. --ns pid Match the processes that belong to the same namespace as pid. --nslist ns,... list which namespaces will be considered for the --ns option. Available namespaces: ipc, mnt, net, pid, user, uts. SIGNALS
The behavior of signals is explained in signal(7) manual page. EXAMPLES
snice -c seti -c crack +7 Slow down seti and crack commands. skill -KILL -t /dev/pts/* Kill users on PTY devices. skill -STOP -u viro -u lm -u davem Stop three users. SEE ALSO
kill(1), kill(2), killall(1), nice(1), pkill(1), renice(1), signal(7) STANDARDS
No standards apply. AUTHOR
Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote skill and snice in 1999 as a replacement for a non-free version. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng October 2011 SKILL(1)