Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk unable to print array next to each other Post 303045777 by shanul karim on Monday 13th of April 2020 05:54:08 AM
Old 04-13-2020
Thanks RudC for valuable advice

I will use same apprach

Here I tried below code

Quote:
awk '
BEGIN {HCNT = split ("vc_MessageInformation|vc_AdditionalInformation|Error code|Error Text|modify/add|Database server|ldap|", COLN, "|")
TMP = split ("50 25 10 10 10 15 5 5", FLEN)
FMT = "%-*.*s "
for (i=1; i<=HCNT; i++) printf FMT, FLEN[i], FLEN[i], COLN[i]
printf "Count" ORS
}
{OUT = ""
for (i=1; i<=HCNT; i++) {match ($0, COLN[i] "[^;,]*")
TMP = substr ($0, RSTART, RLENGTH)
sub (/^[^:]*: /, _, TMP)
OUT = OUT sprintf (FMT, FLEN[i], FLEN[i], TMP)
}
T[OUT]++
}
END {for (t in T) print t, T[t]
}
' EXDBAPP_HC_Log > EXDBAPP_HC_TEST

Result is somewhat not as expected

Quote:
vc_MessageInformation vc_AdditionalInformation Error code Error Text modify/add Database server ldap Count
vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operatio Bind 52 unavailabl ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 44
vc_MessageInformation=No answer received from the Modify ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 2
vc_MessageInformation=Failure connecting to extern vc_AdditionalInformation= ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 44
vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operatio Modify 80 Other (e.g ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 1551
vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operatio Search 80 Other (e.g ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 138
vc_MessageInformation=No answer received from the Search ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 14
vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operatio Modify 20 Type or va CDC: value ldap://10.235.1 ldap: 53 427

I have changed input file as suggested by you

Quote:
5337368 2020-04-12T00:00:00.093+0300 PL-11 ER: "vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operation towards the back-end; vc_ApplicationStackId=ISM; vc_AdditionalInformation=Operation: Modify ,Error code: 20 ,Error Text: Type or value exists - modify/add: CDC: value #0 already exists ,Database server: ldap://10.235.150.231:389,Operation Info: DN :ImsImpiId=IMPI,serv=SSS,mscId=fecb5b6XXXXXXXXXXX,ou=multiSCs,dc=XXX; vc_Priority=LOG_ERR"
5337369 2020-04-12T00:00:00.108+0300 PL-9 ER: "vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operation towards the back-end; vc_ApplicationStackId=ISM; vc_AdditionalInformation=Operation: Modify ,Error code: 20 ,Error Text: Type or value exists - modify/add: CDC: value #0 already exists ,Database server: ldap://10.235.150.231:389 ,Operation Info: DN :ImsImpiId=IMPI,serv=SSS,mscId=937XXXXXXXXXXX,ou=multiSCs,dc=XXX; vc_Priority=LOG_ERR"
5337370 2020-04-12T00:00:02.066+0300 PL-6 ER: "vc_MessageInformation=Failure in database operation towards the back-end; vc_ApplicationStackId=ISM; vc_AdditionalInformation=Operation: Modify ,Error code: 20 ,Error Text: Type or value exists - modify/add: CDC: value #0 already exists ,Database server: ldap://10.235.150.231:389 ,Operation Info: DN :ImsCxDynInfId=IssCxSynInf,ImsSubsId=IssDubs,serv=IMS,assocId=9XXXXXXXXXXX,ou=associations,dc=XXX; vc_Priority=LOG_ERR"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?..

Hi, I have two Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08, FC switch and two Sun StorageTek 3500 FC arrays. Each array is connected to switch and to one server at a time. In the last week I installed Solaris 10 5/08 on both servers and set up Sun Cluster, version 3.2. At wednesday all was fine - all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: reading into an array and then print the value corresponding to index

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unable to assign zero to unsigned character array

Hi, I am unable to assign value zero to my variable which is defined as unsigned char. typedef struct ABCD { unsigned char abc; unsigned char def; unsigned char ghi; } ABCD; typedef ABCD *PABCD; In my Por*C code, i assign the values using memcpy like below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Print Array in awk?

Hello, May i please know how do i print the array using awk script. I am using below shell script to start with but not working. #!/bin/bash LOADSTATUS="Line 0" LOADSTATUS="Line 1" LOADSTATUS="Line 2" LOADSTATUS="Line 3" LOADSTATUS="Line 4" awk ' BEGIN { Your File Load Status }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to print python array in shell script loop.

I am unable to loop print a python string array in my unix shell script: ~/readarr.sh '{{ myarr }}' more readarr.sh echo "Parameter 1:"$1 MYARRAY= $1 IFS= MYARRAY=`python <<< "print ' '.join($MYARRAY)"` for a in "$MYARRAY"; do echo "Printing Array: $a" done Can you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies