Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Crontab commands [crontab -e/r] issues Post 303045774 by MadeInGermany on Monday 13th of April 2020 02:51:30 AM
Old 04-13-2020
A bit more portable (ash, dash) is
Code:
yorn(){
}

And test takes -z
Code:
while [ -z "$yn" ]
do

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

differnce between working of at and crontab commands

h I would like to know the differnce (both working and how) between at command and crontab.. Thanks in advance Satish D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doddas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab help

hi, I run a .sh file using crontab. I need to know the path of the file . Previously when I run the file alone , i used "pwd" but now when using crontab it gives the temp directory of the file. Is there any way I can find the absolute path of the file when i execute it ? Regards, Ranga (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab help

Hi Guys, This is a line in my crontab. 07 15 24 11 6 /usr/local/dsadm/dsprod/src/run_ipoval.sh 2>&1 I understood as the script is to run on 24 of nov at 3 07 pm. But the script is running on every sat at 03 07 pm. could anyone help me out with this and clarify my doubt?? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

5. AIX

crontab isn't excuting some commands

Greetings everybody, I have an IBM P520 AIX 5.3 server machine and trying to use crontab to periodically excute a script that contains a command belongs to my software (Fast/Tools SCADA software) I added the following line after using crontab -e 01 * * * * /mypath/myscript I have two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

6. Solaris

cron / crontab issues - solaris 10

I am having some issues with my cronjobs not running in solaris 10. Cron is running: ~> ps -ef | grep cron root 202 1 0 Jul 18 ? 0:01 /usr/sbin/cron bender 1646 1562 0 01:57:49 syscon 0:00 grep cron crontab -l lists the cronjob and I *think* its in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with crontab

I am trying to create a crontab but I keep getting a "bad minute" error. Here is what I am entering: */5****/usr/bin/php/ {path to script} After I exit the editor and save I get the following message: crontab: installing new crontab "/temp/crontab." :-2: bad minute errors in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcocnews
2 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab job issues with export command

Hi all, I have sevaral jbos with bunch of export commands like export VARIABLE=value. They work perfectly when I run manually but when I try to run from crontab it stops right at this export command. But when I replace these export with these, crontab job works fine. VARIABLE = value;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN commands inside crontab shell script

Hello I'm trying to write simple script to delete archive logs for RMAN, unfortunately it's not working, I tried two way to do that: #!/bin/ksh echo "Start ....." rman target=/ << EOF RUN { delete force noprompt archivelog until time 'sysdate-10'; } EXIT; EOF echo "END ..." echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Crontab <foldername> - removed the whole crontab

Hello, Hope you are doing great though the situation is not so good #Corona. By mistake I ran the below command and my crontab is gone now . Could anyone please let me know what this command actually does and if possible how to recover the crontab entry. ccs is one of my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)