Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Crontab commands [crontab -e/r] issues Post 303045774 by MadeInGermany on Monday 13th of April 2020 02:51:30 AM
Old 04-13-2020
A bit more portable (ash, dash) is
Code:
yorn(){
}

And test takes -z
Code:
while [ -z "$yn" ]
do

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

differnce between working of at and crontab commands

h I would like to know the differnce (both working and how) between at command and crontab.. Thanks in advance Satish D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doddas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab help

hi, I run a .sh file using crontab. I need to know the path of the file . Previously when I run the file alone , i used "pwd" but now when using crontab it gives the temp directory of the file. Is there any way I can find the absolute path of the file when i execute it ? Regards, Ranga (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab help

Hi Guys, This is a line in my crontab. 07 15 24 11 6 /usr/local/dsadm/dsprod/src/run_ipoval.sh 2>&1 I understood as the script is to run on 24 of nov at 3 07 pm. But the script is running on every sat at 03 07 pm. could anyone help me out with this and clarify my doubt?? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

5. AIX

crontab isn't excuting some commands

Greetings everybody, I have an IBM P520 AIX 5.3 server machine and trying to use crontab to periodically excute a script that contains a command belongs to my software (Fast/Tools SCADA software) I added the following line after using crontab -e 01 * * * * /mypath/myscript I have two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

6. Solaris

cron / crontab issues - solaris 10

I am having some issues with my cronjobs not running in solaris 10. Cron is running: ~> ps -ef | grep cron root 202 1 0 Jul 18 ? 0:01 /usr/sbin/cron bender 1646 1562 0 01:57:49 syscon 0:00 grep cron crontab -l lists the cronjob and I *think* its in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with crontab

I am trying to create a crontab but I keep getting a "bad minute" error. Here is what I am entering: */5****/usr/bin/php/ {path to script} After I exit the editor and save I get the following message: crontab: installing new crontab "/temp/crontab." :-2: bad minute errors in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcocnews
2 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab job issues with export command

Hi all, I have sevaral jbos with bunch of export commands like export VARIABLE=value. They work perfectly when I run manually but when I try to run from crontab it stops right at this export command. But when I replace these export with these, crontab job works fine. VARIABLE = value;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN commands inside crontab shell script

Hello I'm trying to write simple script to delete archive logs for RMAN, unfortunately it's not working, I tried two way to do that: #!/bin/ksh echo "Start ....." rman target=/ << EOF RUN { delete force noprompt archivelog until time 'sysdate-10'; } EXIT; EOF echo "END ..." echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Crontab <foldername> - removed the whole crontab

Hello, Hope you are doing great though the situation is not so good #Corona. By mistake I ran the below command and my crontab is gone now . Could anyone please let me know what this command actually does and if possible how to recover the crontab entry. ccs is one of my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)