Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cloudflare and iptables
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cloudflare and iptables Post 303045762 by Abu Rayane on Sunday 12th of April 2020 11:10:26 AM
Old 04-12-2020
@Neo: Basically if an IP (range of IP) is whitelisted, it should not be blocked, or may cloudflare are using other IPs than those mentioned in their file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IPtables

Hey guys, I have just started using IP tables and was wondering if anyone could direct me to any good online resources as I am totally new to this. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 182x
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Need help with iptables

Trying to create a whitelist to limit bandwidth. My sync speed is 1536/256 kbps. Simple rules in order: 1. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:00 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 2. Do not limit (or set to 1536/256) MAC 00:00:00:00:01 (computer is in 192.168.1.0/24). 3. Do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripz
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Iptables

Thanks in advance I have to remove ip_tables_name from /proc/net/... i was trying to do so and getting the following error cmd : rm ip_tables_names error : rm: remove regular empty file `ip_tables_names'? y rm: cannot remove `ip_tables_names': Operation not permitted (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeepiit
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Iptables

What should be the iptables rule so that only the subnet 64.61.11.224/255.255.255.248 may access the mysql port 3306 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

iptables changes

Hello We have one linux machine in the office which happens to be an important firewall. I just know the basics and need to make one change Essentially it is forward mysql traffic to another internal machine. This is the original rule (forward to 192.20.0.17) which is working ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rina5392
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with iptables

Hi, On the IPTABLES, I did iptables --flush. I want to start fresh. Now I only want two things. Allow one ip address to this server. Allow port 443 as incoming from every where. Please advice how to do this. This is what I did so for. iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with iptables

Hi, I just build a Linux server, I said yes to enable the firewall. I only choose SSH conneciton. When I check the iptables. I see all of this (see below). I want to reject every thing only allow SSH from subnet 192.168.1.xx. Can you advise, how to do. Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with iptables

photo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables help for port 80

Hi I enable the IPtables but port 80 was not working. Below is my active configuration (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
10 Replies

10. Ubuntu

iptables

Hi I need help with an iptables configuration, this is what I have server A Server B A and B are using different gateways i am sending port 22 from A to B, I see the packages coming in B but B is not sending the package to internet. please give me some examples. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmartinez073
0 Replies
SCSI_ID(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						SCSI_ID(8)

NAME
scsi_id - retrieve and generate a unique SCSI identifier SYNOPSIS
scsi_id [options] DESCRIPTION
scsi_id queries a SCSI device via the SCSI INQUIRY vital product data (VPD) page 0x80 or 0x83 and uses the resulting data to generate a value that is unique across all SCSI devices that properly support page 0x80 or page 0x83. If a result is generated it is sent to standard output, and the program exits with a zero value. If no identifier is output, the program exits with a non-zero value. scsi_id is primarily for use by other utilities such as udev that require a unique SCSI identifier. By default all devices are assumed black listed, the --whitelisted option must be specified on the command line or in the config file for any useful behaviour. SCSI commands are sent directly to the device via the SG_IO ioctl interface. In order to generate unique values for either page 0x80 or page 0x83, the serial numbers or world wide names are prefixed as follows. Identifiers based on page 0x80 are prefixed by the character 'S', the SCSI vendor, the SCSI product (model) and then the the serial number returned by page 0x80. For example: # /lib/udev/scsi_id --page=0x80 --whitelisted --device=/dev/sda SIBM 3542 1T05078453 Identifiers based on page 0x83 are prefixed by the identifier type followed by the page 0x83 identifier. For example, a device with a NAA (Name Address Authority) type of 3 (also in this case the page 0x83 identifier starts with the NAA value of 6): # /lib/udev/scsi_id --page=0x83 --whitelisted --device=/dev/sda 3600a0b80000b174b000000d63efc5c8c OPTIONS
--blacklisted The default behaviour - treat the device as black listed, and do nothing unless a white listed device is found in the scsi_id con- fig-file. --device=device Send SG_IO commands to device, such as /dev/sdc. --config=config-file Read configuration and black/white list entries from config-file rather than the default /etc/scsi_id.config file. --whitelisted Treat the device as white listed. The --whitelisted option must be specified on the command line or in the scsi_id configuration file for scsi_id to generate any output. --page=0x80|0x83|pre-spc3-83 Use SCSI INQUIRY VPD page code 0x80, 0x83, or pre-spc3-83. The default behaviour is to query the available VPD pages, and use page 0x83 if found, else page 0x80 if found, else nothing. Page pre-spc3-83 should only be utilized for those scsi devices which are not compliant with the SPC-2 or SPC-3 format for page 83. While this option is used for older model 4, 5, and 6 EMC Symmetrix devices, its use with SPC-2 or SPC-3 compliant devices will fallback to the page 83 format supported by these devices. --replace-whitespace Reformat the output : replace all whitespaces by underscores. --export Export all data in KEY=<value> format used to import in other programs. --verbose Generate verbose debugging output. --version Display version number and exit. FILES
/etc/scsi_id.config Configuration of black/white list entries and per device options: # one config per line, short match strings match longer strings # vendor=string[,model=string],options=<per-device scsi_id command line options> vendor="ATA",options=-p 0x80 SEE ALSO
udev(7) AUTHORS
Developed by Patrick Mansfield <patmans@us.ibm.com> based on SCSI ID source included in earlier linux 2.5 kernels, sg_utils source, and SCSI specifications. December 2003 SCSI_ID(8)