Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Manipulate data in CSV file using Shell script Post 303045754 by SwethaGorantla on Sunday 12th of April 2020 07:05:07 AM
Old 04-12-2020
Manipulate data in CSV file using Shell script

HI,
Can you guys please help me in creating Pivot table for below data using shell script?

Code:
Location_id| Effective_date| Picking_limit     
------- | ---------------- | ----------:
2000| 04/04/2020| 120
2001|  04/04/2020| 130
2002| 04/04/2020 | 150
2003| 04/04/2020| 100
2001| 04/04/2020| 140

I want output as below

Code:
Location_id| Picking_Limit    
------- | ---------------- :
2000| 120
2001|  170
2002| 150
2003| 100

Basically i prepared a pivot table for location id. Where ever location id is same i am adding value of picking limit and wanted to write in a new csv file.

Thanks,
Swetha. G

Last edited by vbe; 04-12-2020 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Load data into the database using a .csv file and .ctl file

Since i'm new to scripting i'm findind it difficult to code a script. The script has to be an executable with 2 paramters passed to it.The Parameters are 1. The Control file name(.ctl file) 2. The Data file name(.csv file) Does anybody have an idea about it? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Csmani
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

manipulate csv file to add columns

Hi, I have a csv file with a key composed by 3 columns and some other numeric fields and I need to obtain the partial amounts by some part of the key. This may be some difficult to understand, so better see an example, where my input file is: name,surname,department,y2004,y2005,y2006... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data as a CSV file from Unix shell script

Friends...This is the first time i am trying the report generation using shell script... any suggestions are welcome. Is there a way to set the font size & color when i am exporting the data from unix shell script as a CSV file ? The following sample data is saved as a .csv file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to manipulate a file

Hello, I have a file with following contents : WSL SRVGRP=LISTENER SRVID=2 CLOPT="-A -t -- -n 0x0002aa050a03cc65 " RQPERM=0660 REPLYQ=Y RPPERM=0660 MIN=1 MAX=1 CONV=N I need to print only the value in Hex i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file based on certain conditions

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 7 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 7 as below along with their values. Name, Address,... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data from csv file

Hi everyone, I have a csv file which has data with different heading and column names as below. Static Data Ingested ,,,,,,,,,,,,Known Explained Rejections Column_1,column_2,Column_3,Column_4,,Column_6,Column_7,,% Column_8,,Column_9 ,Column_10 ,... (14 Replies)
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate a CSV File

Hello, How do i manipulate .csv file to this format? Thank you very much. Source: john,5 marco,7 john,4 paul,3 marco,8 Output: john,9 marco,15 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to handle commas inside the data when generating a csv file from shell script?

I am extracting data via sql query and some of the data has commas. Output File must be csv and I cannot update the data in the db (as it is used by other application). Example table FavoriteThings Person VARCHAR2(25), Favorite VARCHAR2(100) Sample Data Greta rain drop on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patk625
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)