Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk unable to print array next to each other Post 303045741 by shanul karim on Saturday 11th of April 2020 11:04:25 AM
Old 04-11-2020
Thanks a lot RudC..

This will solve all my issue for using multiple awk liner to process the output.

From above description i got the idea in general.

But if you can explain code line by line.. I mean each variable and method. It will be grateful.
As i need to use similar for processing many different data files with different headers and columns.

Thanks again for this grateful help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?..

Hi, I have two Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08, FC switch and two Sun StorageTek 3500 FC arrays. Each array is connected to switch and to one server at a time. In the last week I installed Solaris 10 5/08 on both servers and set up Sun Cluster, version 3.2. At wednesday all was fine - all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: reading into an array and then print the value corresponding to index

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unable to assign zero to unsigned character array

Hi, I am unable to assign value zero to my variable which is defined as unsigned char. typedef struct ABCD { unsigned char abc; unsigned char def; unsigned char ghi; } ABCD; typedef ABCD *PABCD; In my Por*C code, i assign the values using memcpy like below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Print Array in awk?

Hello, May i please know how do i print the array using awk script. I am using below shell script to start with but not working. #!/bin/bash LOADSTATUS="Line 0" LOADSTATUS="Line 1" LOADSTATUS="Line 2" LOADSTATUS="Line 3" LOADSTATUS="Line 4" awk ' BEGIN { Your File Load Status }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to print python array in shell script loop.

I am unable to loop print a python string array in my unix shell script: ~/readarr.sh '{{ myarr }}' more readarr.sh echo "Parameter 1:"$1 MYARRAY= $1 IFS= MYARRAY=`python <<< "print ' '.join($MYARRAY)"` for a in "$MYARRAY"; do echo "Printing Array: $a" done Can you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
XMLIF(1)																  XMLIF(1)

NAME
xmlif - conditional processing instructions for XML SYNOPSIS
xmlif [attrib=value...] DESCRIPTION
xmlif filters XML according to conditionalizing markup. This can be useful for formatting one of several versions of an XML document depending on conditions passed to the command. Attribute/value pairs from the command line are matched against the attributes associated with certain processing instructions in the docu- ment. The instructions are <?if> and its inverse <?if not>, <?elif> and its inverse <?elif not>, <?else>, and <?fi>. Argument/value pairs given on the command line are checked against the value of corresponding attributes in the conditional processing instructions. An `attribute match' happens if an attribute occurs in both the command-line arguments and the tag, and the values match. An `attribute mismatch' happens if an attribute occurs in both the command-line arguments and the tag, but the values do not match. Spans between <?if> or <?elif> and the next conditional processing instruction at the same nesting level are passed through unaltered if there is at least one attribute match and no attribute mismatch; spans between <?if not> and <?elif not> and the next conditional process- ing instruction are passed otherwise. Spans between <?else> and the next conditional-processing tag are passed through only if no previous span at the same level has been passed through. <?if> and <?fi> (and their `not' variants) change the current nesting level; <?else> and <?elif> do not. All these processing instructions will be removed from the output produced. Aside from the conditionalization, all other input is passed through untouched; in particular, entity references are not resolved. Value matching is by string equality, except that "|" in an attribute value is interpreted as an alternation character. Thus, saying foo='red|blue' on the command line enables conditions red and blue. Saying color='black|white' in a tag matches command-line conditions color='black' and color='white'. Here is an example: Always issue this text. <?if condition='html'> Issue this text if 'condition=html' is given on the command line. <?elif condition='pdf|ps'> Issue this text if 'condition=pdf' or 'condition=ps' is given on the command line. <?else> Otherwise issue this text. <?fi> Always issue this text. FUTURE DIRECTIONS
The mark-up used by this tool is not set in stone, and may change in the near future. AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond. Sep 26 2002 XMLIF(1)