Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk unable to print array next to each other Post 303045740 by RudiC on Saturday 11th of April 2020 10:28:53 AM
Old 04-11-2020
It is possible, yes. Try

Code:
awk '
BEGIN           {HCNT = split ("vc_MessageInformation|vc_AdditionalInfo|Result Code|AVP name|Message Type|Application Server Name", COLN, "|")
                 TMP  = split ("40 40 22 12 16 25", FLEN) 
                 FMT  = "%-*.*s "
                 for (i=1; i<=HCNT; i++) printf FMT, FLEN[i], FLEN[i], COLN[i]
                 printf "Count" ORS
                }
                {OUT = ""
                 for (i=1; i<=HCNT; i++)        {match ($0, COLN[i] "[^;,]*")
                                                 TMP = substr ($0, RSTART, RLENGTH)
                                                 sub (/^[^:]*: /, _, TMP)
                                                 OUT = OUT sprintf (FMT, FLEN[i], FLEN[i], TMP)
                                                }
                 T[OUT]++
                } 
END             {for (t in T) print t, T[t]
                }
' file

It first gets the header and fields' definition into the COLS array, and the respective lengths into FLEN to be used when formatting the fields with the "dynamic" field wifth and precision specifiers in FMT. Then, the header is printed, supplemented by the "Count" field header.
In the main block, the actual line is searched, item by item, for the header keywords plus their values. The latter are extracted into a TMP variable and collected into the OUTput line. After the line is complete, a counter array is incremented.
In the END section, the counter array is printed, index (= output lines) first, then count values. Be aware that the order of the array element retrieval is undefined in awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?..

Hi, I have two Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08, FC switch and two Sun StorageTek 3500 FC arrays. Each array is connected to switch and to one server at a time. In the last week I installed Solaris 10 5/08 on both servers and set up Sun Cluster, version 3.2. At wednesday all was fine - all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: reading into an array and then print the value corresponding to index

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unable to assign zero to unsigned character array

Hi, I am unable to assign value zero to my variable which is defined as unsigned char. typedef struct ABCD { unsigned char abc; unsigned char def; unsigned char ghi; } ABCD; typedef ABCD *PABCD; In my Por*C code, i assign the values using memcpy like below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Print Array in awk?

Hello, May i please know how do i print the array using awk script. I am using below shell script to start with but not working. #!/bin/bash LOADSTATUS="Line 0" LOADSTATUS="Line 1" LOADSTATUS="Line 2" LOADSTATUS="Line 3" LOADSTATUS="Line 4" awk ' BEGIN { Your File Load Status }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to print python array in shell script loop.

I am unable to loop print a python string array in my unix shell script: ~/readarr.sh '{{ myarr }}' more readarr.sh echo "Parameter 1:"$1 MYARRAY= $1 IFS= MYARRAY=`python <<< "print ' '.join($MYARRAY)"` for a in "$MYARRAY"; do echo "Printing Array: $a" done Can you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
FMT(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            FMT(1)

NAME
fmt - simple optimal text formatter SYNOPSIS
fmt [-WIDTH] [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Reformat each paragraph in the FILE(s), writing to standard output. The option -WIDTH is an abbreviated form of --width=DIGITS. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --crown-margin preserve indentation of first two lines -p, --prefix=STRING reformat only lines beginning with STRING, reattaching the prefix to reformatted lines -s, --split-only split long lines, but do not refill -t, --tagged-paragraph indentation of first line different from second -u, --uniform-spacing one space between words, two after sentences -w, --width=WIDTH maximum line width (default of 75 columns) -g, --goal=WIDTH goal width (default of 93% of width) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Ross Paterson. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report fmt translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/fmt> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) fmt invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 FMT(1)