Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers 10gbe ixgbe slow at 420mbyte/s max, p2p lan cat8 1m, tried ethtool and ifconfig options to no avail Post 303045725 by the-architect on Friday 10th of April 2020 05:33:38 PM
Old 04-10-2020
Please provide output of
Code:
inxi -v7

from both boxes to have some basic system information for your setup. Inxi has to be installed first. anonymize output before posting if necessary.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ethtool : command not found

Hi, I am uising Suse linux on my system and i tried : man ethtool and i got the manual for ethtool but when i tried to use the command as: ethtool -a eth0 it says Command not found. also, i tried rpm -qa|grep ethtool i got: ethtool-3-15.2 so,it means my system has ethtool server or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

3. Programming

ethtool problem

Hi, I'm using ethtool to change network settings: Just for the experiment, i want to change speed to 10, instead of 100, I type: ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off and to view settings i type: ethtool eth0, and get this: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Slow LAN FTP Transfers with FreeBSD...

Hello, I've got a FreeBSD 6 server running on my network that I used as a file server for my main computer. However I've really become frustrated with the slow up/down speeds I'm getting, about 100KB/s, which is about as bad as if I was using a "real" server. My setup is as follows: ISP |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CyberCat
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ethtool script not running on boot.

Hi, there is an incompatibility between my NIC and my Western Digital Powerline adapters which appears to cause autonegotiation to fail intermittently, most often following a reboot. Running the following Ethtool script will establish a connection immediately: #!/bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 85... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: torley
12 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

VSFTPD slow download outside of LAN

Hello all. I have VSFTP up and ruining on ubuntu 10.04. It works great inside LAN, however when it comes to using it outside i have some problems. If i try to connect from filezila i get the listing and if i try to download it shows it will take forever to receive a file which is larger then 1mb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ethtool command not working

Hi All, I am trying to find my NIC card speed in centos 5. But i am unable to get the info using ethtool command. # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link detected: yes and even tried to look for the file # cd /sys/class/net/eth0/speed files which is also not available.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
8 Replies
dkio(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   dkio(4)

Name
       dkio - disk interface

Syntax
       #include <sys/fs.h>
       #include <sys/ioctl.h>

Description
       This  section  describes  the ioctl (input/output controller) codes for all disk drivers.  The basic ioctl (input/output controller) format
       is:

#include <sys/fs.h>
       #include <sys/ioctl.h>
       ioctl(fildes, code, arg)
       struct pt *arg;

The applicable codes are:

DIOCGETPT       Indicates to the driver to store the information in the current partition table in the address pointed to by arg.  The file
		       descriptor must be opened on the raw partitions, a or c.

DIOCGETPT does not change the partition table, but it does provide access to the partition table information.

DIOCSETPT       Indicates to the driver to modify the current partition table with the information pointed to by arg.

The file descriptor must be opened on the raw partitions, a or c.

If  the a or c partition is not mounted, only the partition table in the driver is modified.  This temporarily modifies the
		       partition table of the disk.  The modifications are overwritten with the default table when the disk is turned off and on.

If the a or c partition is mounted, both the partition table  in  the  driver  and  the	partition  table  in  the  primary
		       superblock are modified.  This permanently modifies the partition table of the disk.  This is not recommended.  To change a
		       partition table permanently, use the command.

DIOCDGTPT       Indicates to the driver to store the default information of the current partition table in the address pointed to  by  arg.
		       The file descriptor must be opened on the raw partitions a or c.

DIOCGETPT does not change the partition table, but it does provide access to the partition table information.

DKIOCGET        Allows the user to receive generic disk information as defined in structdevget.

DKIOCACC        This code is defined in It is currently unused.

Restrictions
       These restrictions apply when using the DIOCSETPT ioctl code:

o   You must have superuser privileges.

o   You	cannot	shrink	or change the offset of a partition with a file system mounted on it or with an open file descriptor on the entire
	   partition.

o   You cannot change the offset of the a partition.

Examples
       This example shows how to use the DIOGETPT ioctl code to print the length and offset of the a partition of an RZ23 disk:
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/param.h>
       #include <sys/fs.h>
       #include <sys/ioctl.h>

main()
       {
	    struct pt arg;
	    int fd, i;

/* Open the "a" partition of the disk you want to see */

if ( (fd = open("/dev/rz0a",0)) < 0 ) {
		 printf("Unable to open device
");
		 exit(2);
	    }

/* Get the partition information */

if ( ioctl(fd,DIOCGETPT,&arg) < 0 )
		 printf("Error in ioctl
");

printf("Length		Offset
");

for ( i = 0; i <= 7; i++ ) {
		 printf("%d		%d
",arg.pt_part[i].pi_nblocks,
			     arg.pt_part[i].pi_blkoff );
	    }
       }

Files
See Also
       rz(4), disktab(5), fstab(5), chpt(8), diskpart(8), fsck(8), MAKEDEV(8), mkfs(8), tunefs(8)

RISC								   dkio(4)