Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers 10gbe ixgbe slow at 420mbyte/s max, p2p lan cat8 1m, tried ethtool and ifconfig options to no avail Post 303045725 by the-architect on Friday 10th of April 2020 05:33:38 PM
Old 04-10-2020
Please provide output of
Code:
inxi -v7

from both boxes to have some basic system information for your setup. Inxi has to be installed first. anonymize output before posting if necessary.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ethtool : command not found

Hi, I am uising Suse linux on my system and i tried : man ethtool and i got the manual for ethtool but when i tried to use the command as: ethtool -a eth0 it says Command not found. also, i tried rpm -qa|grep ethtool i got: ethtool-3-15.2 so,it means my system has ethtool server or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

3. Programming

ethtool problem

Hi, I'm using ethtool to change network settings: Just for the experiment, i want to change speed to 10, instead of 100, I type: ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off and to view settings i type: ethtool eth0, and get this: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Slow LAN FTP Transfers with FreeBSD...

Hello, I've got a FreeBSD 6 server running on my network that I used as a file server for my main computer. However I've really become frustrated with the slow up/down speeds I'm getting, about 100KB/s, which is about as bad as if I was using a "real" server. My setup is as follows: ISP |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CyberCat
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ethtool script not running on boot.

Hi, there is an incompatibility between my NIC and my Western Digital Powerline adapters which appears to cause autonegotiation to fail intermittently, most often following a reboot. Running the following Ethtool script will establish a connection immediately: #!/bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 85... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: torley
12 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

VSFTPD slow download outside of LAN

Hello all. I have VSFTP up and ruining on ubuntu 10.04. It works great inside LAN, however when it comes to using it outside i have some problems. If i try to connect from filezila i get the listing and if i try to download it shows it will take forever to receive a file which is larger then 1mb,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantas1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ethtool command not working

Hi All, I am trying to find my NIC card speed in centos 5. But i am unable to get the info using ethtool command. # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link detected: yes and even tried to look for the file # cd /sys/class/net/eth0/speed files which is also not available.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
8 Replies
PREREX(5)																 PREREX(5)

NAME
prerex_format -- a format for prerequisite-chart descriptions DESCRIPTION
This manual describes the format of prerequisite-chart descriptions that can be processed by [pdf]latex (normally using a suitable pre- rex.sty(7) style file) and edited using the prerex(1) interactive editor (or by any conventional text editor). TERMINOLOGY
A prerequisite chart consists of a number of course boxes, linked by arrows. Courses are either half or full, and may be required or optional (or neither). Each course box can contain a course code (upper left corner), a course title (lower half), and timetable informa- tion (upper right corner). An arrow can be either a prerequisite (solid), a corequisite (dotted), or recommended (dashed). When a conven- tional arrow would be inappropriate, a mini course just above a target box can be used. STRUCTURE
The file should contain exactly one instance of a LaTeX environment egin{chart} instruction ... end{chart} with at most one instruction per line. Note that a program such as prerex(1) analyzes prerex-format files without using TeX; for example, macro definitions will be ignored and macro calls will not be expanded. Instructions may be preceded by white space. Lines that start with % are treated as comments and ignored. The order of instructions is not significant except that the instruction for the source and target box o an arrow should precede the instruction for the arrow. The instruction formats are described in the following sections. COURSE BOXES
The instructions producing course boxes have the following forms: halfcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} fullcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} eqhalfcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} eqfullcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} opthalfcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} optfullcourse x,y:{code}{title}{timetable} where x,y are the coordinates of the centerpoint of the box, relative to the origin of the coordinate system at the lower-left corner of the diagram. The code, title, and timetable arguments are arbitrary (well-bracketed) text, possibly with LaTeX markup. The following are similar but take an additional argument to specify the (non-default) background color of the course box: halfcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} fullcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} eqhalfcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} eqfullcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} opthalfcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} optfullcoursec x,y:{code}{title}{timetable}{color} MINI COURSE BOXES AND TEXT
A mini course is produced by an instruction of the form mini x,y:{code} A text line is inserted into the chart by an instruction of the form ext x,y:{line-of-text} The maximum allowed length of a course-code may be smaller that the maximum allowed for a line of text. ARROWS
Arrows between course boxes (or from a mini to a course box) are produced by instructions of the form prereq x0,y0,x1,y1: coreq x0,y0,x1,y1: ecomm x0,y0,x1,y1: These produce, respectively, solid, dotted, and dashed arrows from the course box (or mini) centered at coordinates x0,y0 to the course box centered at coordinates x1,y1. In some implementations, certain arrows by default have a non-zero curvature. It is possible to override the default curvature for a par- ticular arrow by using the instructions prereqc x0,y0,x1,y1;c: coreqc x0,y0,x1,y1;c: ecommc x0,y0,x1,y1;c: where c is an integer in the range 0-100 specifying the desired curvature; for example, c=0 will produce a straight arrow. To change the default curvature, the user program may redefine the DefaultCurvature command. COORDINATE GRID
The following instruction produces a coordinate grid, which is useful for editing a diagram: grid This is normally placed before all the other instructions so that grid lines are in the background, covered by course boxes, minis, and arrows. WEB LINKS
Course boxes may be linked to web addresses. The URL for course boxes may be set by the user by redefining the CourseURL command; when called for a course box, it is supplied with three arguments, the x and y coordinates of the box, mini, or textline, and the code argument of the course box. For example, enewcommand{CourseURL}[3]{http://www.cs.queensu.ca/undergraduate/courses/#3.html} is appropriate for courses at the School of Computing, Queen's University. The first two arguments can be used to display the coordinates of a box, mini, or textline in some PDF viewers while the mouse hovers over it when the source file is being edited. AUTHOR
R. D. Tennent (rdt@cs.queensu.ca) SEE ALSO
prerex(1), prerex.sty(7). prerex_format 2012-03-21 PREREX(5)