Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BMC ControlM Scheduling Query Post 303045715 by Neo on Friday 10th of April 2020 09:37:11 AM
Old 04-10-2020
Maybe try some BMC ControlM video tutorials and classes?

https://www.bmc.com/education/course...26375736%22%7D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo comand with ControlM

I'm trying to change the user Id that the script is running under. I tried the sudo comand but the job was submitted under ControlM and it seems that controlM is not allowing the user id to change. I have included the job output below. The sudo comand was suppose to set the user id to "DWSOLAP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: u156531
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Version of BMC Patrol???

How can you determine the version/level of BMC on a given Solaris server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon integration with BMC

Hello, My field is operations monitoring and this is the first time I am looking into server monitoring, so apologies if I ask stupid questions. I would like to know if it is possible to integrate nmon with BMC patrol, i.e. feeding metrics/events from nmon into BMC patrol? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Futura
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify File with ControlM Characters

Dear Members, I have a file which contains ControlM characters in it. I need a command by the means of which i should be able to identify if a file has controlM characters. How can this be achieved. Thanks Sandeep (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Solaris

BMC device

Hi All, Can some one say what is an BMC device in solaris, and how does it help. Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. AIX

BMC package and ingeneral all packages in AIX (Similar to pkginfo in Linux)

Hi , I want to know is there any command in AIX similar to pkginfo ? that shows details of all packages installed and we can grep whatever we need to check? Thanks Rafi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafi49
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exit1 not to report failure in controlM

HI Team, I running below script from controlM and job is reporting as failure everyday so i tried to change the if exitstatus=1 (send only email) but not to end as a job is failed. can you let me know where i have to change this script to make the script not to fail but instead send email and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
3 Replies
TURNINCFG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TURNINCFG(1)

NAME
turnincfg - manage assignments submitted with turnin SYNOPSYS
turnincfg [ OPTIONS ] [ project-name ] DESCRIPTION
Manages assignments submitted with the turnin(1) program. Allows the creation of courses and projects and the management of said courses and projects. This command used to be known as project in the early days of Turnin-NG and in the original turnin/project suite. Omitting [ project-name ] will cause turnincfg to use the default project. OPTIONS
--version Print project's version. -h, --help Print these options. -d, --disable Disable the current project. -D, --perm-disable Permanently disable submissions for the current project. -e, --enable Enable submissions for the current project and make it the default project. -l Enable submissions for the current project but does not make it the default project. -r, --remove Remove the current project and all associated files. -i, --init Initialize a project. Requires you to pass project-name -p, --compress Compress this project using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. -x, --extract Extract this project. This option will be called automatically if you enable a compressed project. -v, --verify Verify the cryptographic signatures on submitted assignments using gpg(1) May require you to fetch the student's public key. --list Print a list of projects, along with whether or not they are enabled and shows which project is the default project. --config=CONFIG Path to an alternate configuration file. -c COURSE, --course=COURSE Switch between the courses you are currently administering. -w, --legal Print warranty and license information. ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS --create-course=COURSE Creates the course COURSE. --delete-course=COURSE Deletes the course COURSE. --archive-course=COURSE Archives the course using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. EXAMPLES
turnincfg --create-course world-cheeses Create the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -i stilton Create the project stilton in the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -e stilton Enable and make default the project stilton turnincfg -c world-cheeses -D stilton Permanently disable submissions for the project stilton. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -p stilton Compress the project stilton. turnincfg --archive-course world-cheeses Compress the course world-cheeses and remove it from the global configuration file. FILES
/etc/turnin-ng.cf SEE ALSO
turnin(1) The full documentation for turnincfg is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and turnincfg programs are properly installed at your site, the command info turnin-ng should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
Turnin-NG and this manpage were written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> in the summer of 2009 and are still actively maintained. Turnin-NG is a replacement for the 'project' and 'turnin' commands written in 1990 for the SPARC architecture by an unknown author. Both Turnin-NG and this manpage are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. Turnin-NG SEPTEMBER 2010 TURNINCFG(1)