Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BMC ControlM Scheduling Query Post 303045702 by rammohanavvs on Thursday 9th of April 2020 12:31:30 PM
Old 04-09-2020
BMC ControlM Scheduling Query

Can I get some help to build the control M schedule sufficing for the below secnario.

Scenario :
  • Step 1 : In one of my hostserver I will be receiving files (for ex: Selection_CRQ12345.txt etc) form MFT and these files can be more than one, and every inout file will have different CRQ number. Hence the filemas will be Selection_CRQ[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].txt.
  • Step 2: There are few jobs like J1,J2,J3 which should get kicked off if file any new file is available and I would like to pass the CRQ number (part of input file) to these jobs as a parameter (i.e. %%CRQ). For ex: , We have got two files in the inbound area i.e. Selection_CRQ12345.txt and Selection_CRQ99999.txt , so I am expecting the J1,J2,J3 should get trigerred twice (one for CRQ=12345 and other run for CRQ=99999).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo comand with ControlM

I'm trying to change the user Id that the script is running under. I tried the sudo comand but the job was submitted under ControlM and it seems that controlM is not allowing the user id to change. I have included the job output below. The sudo comand was suppose to set the user id to "DWSOLAP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: u156531
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Version of BMC Patrol???

How can you determine the version/level of BMC on a given Solaris server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon integration with BMC

Hello, My field is operations monitoring and this is the first time I am looking into server monitoring, so apologies if I ask stupid questions. I would like to know if it is possible to integrate nmon with BMC patrol, i.e. feeding metrics/events from nmon into BMC patrol? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Futura
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify File with ControlM Characters

Dear Members, I have a file which contains ControlM characters in it. I need a command by the means of which i should be able to identify if a file has controlM characters. How can this be achieved. Thanks Sandeep (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Solaris

BMC device

Hi All, Can some one say what is an BMC device in solaris, and how does it help. Thanks in advance:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. AIX

BMC package and ingeneral all packages in AIX (Similar to pkginfo in Linux)

Hi , I want to know is there any command in AIX similar to pkginfo ? that shows details of all packages installed and we can grep whatever we need to check? Thanks Rafi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafi49
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exit1 not to report failure in controlM

HI Team, I running below script from controlM and job is reporting as failure everyday so i tried to change the if exitstatus=1 (send only email) but not to end as a job is failed. can you let me know where i have to change this script to make the script not to fail but instead send email and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
3 Replies
MFT(1)							      General Commands Manual							    MFT(1)

NAME
mft - translate Metafont or MetaPost code to TeX code for prettyprinting SYNOPSIS
mft [OPTIONS] mf_file_name[.mf|.mp] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The mft program creates a TeX file from a Metafont or MetaPost program. It takes appropriate care of typographic details like page layout and the use of indentation, italics, boldface, etc., as illustrated in the book Computer Modern Typefaces. Special conventions in Metafont and MetaPost comments allow you to control things that would not otherwise come out right; section 1 of the MFT source program in the Meta- fontware report explains these rules. The mft program uses an optional change file (which works just as the change files to tangle(1) and weave(1) do) and one or several style files (which are prepended to everything). If no style file is specified, the style file plain.mft for Metafont (or mplain.mft for Meta- Post) is automatically used. The mf_file_name, optional change_file_name, and style_file_name files are searched for using the MFINPUTS (for Metafont) or MPINPUTS (for MetaPost) and MFTINPUTS environment variables if you have set them, or else the corresponding system defaults. The output TeX file name is formed by using .tex in place of the extension of mf_file_name. OPTIONS
-change=change_file_name[.ch] Apply the change file change_file_name to mf_file_name. -metapost Assume mf_file_name is a MetaPost source file (this is the default if mf_file_name has the extension .mp). -style=style_file_name[.mft] Use the style file style_file_name insted of plain.mft (or mplain.mft); this option can be given more than once. FILES
mftmac.tex TeX macros used by mft output. plain.mft, mplain.mft Default style files. cmbase.mft Style file for Computer Modern. SEE ALSO
mf(1), weave(1). Donald E. Knuth, Computer Modern Typefaces (Volume E of Computers and Typesetting), Addison-Wesley, 1986, ISBN 0-201-13446-2. Donald E. Knuth et al., Metafontware. AUTHORS
Donald E. Knuth wrote the program, and he ported it to Unix with the help of Pierre MacKay and the Unix port of weave by Howard Trickey and Pavel Curtis. The program is published in the Metafontware technical report, available from the TeX Users Group. Web2C 2012 14 December 1993 MFT(1)