Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How find lines, export sum into file? Post 303045668 by nimafire on Tuesday 7th of April 2020 06:35:46 PM
Old 04-07-2020
How find lines, export sum into file?

hello
im working on a bash script to calculate number of viruses found and log on log file.
ive paste some part of log file that are important for this script:

Code:
----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Scanned directories: 1063
Scanned files: 8559
Ignored items: 6
Suspicious matches: 137
Viruses found: 1
Fingerprint matches: 0
Data scanned: 199.10 MB
Scan time/item: 0.017 sec
Scan time: 163.698 sec

Scanned directories: 4
Scanned files: 1
Ignored items: 0
Suspicious matches: 0
Viruses found: 0
Data scanned: 0.00 MB
Scan time/item: 0.001 sec
Scan time: 0.004 sec

# Skipped - too many resources: 11525 ( > filemax=10000)

Scanned directories: 407
Scanned files: 828
Ignored items: 0
Suspicious matches: 1
Viruses found: 14
Data scanned: 36.75 MB
Scan time/item: 0.017 sec
Scan time: 20.494 sec

it has to search the file and find the number in front of the Viruses found phrase, and export sum of these numbers into temp file.
in this case, script pass number 15 into file.log

ive use regix to found but script exit after first result, it cant search all the files content

Viruses found\: (\d+)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the sum of all the lines in the file

Hi I have the following file, how I will calculate the sum of all the entries in the file. > cat abc 2 3 4 now the sum should be 2+3+4 = 9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of all lines in file without roundup with awk

Hi, I have a file and I want to sum all the numbers in it. Example of the file: 0.6714359 -3842.59553830551 I used your forum (https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/74293-how-get-sum-all-lines-file.html) and found a script, what worked for me: awk '{a+=$0}END{print a}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mario8eren
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string(s) in text file and nearby data, export to list help

Hi, So I'm kinda new to shell scripts and the like. I've picked up quite a bit of use from browsing the forums here but ran into a new one that I can't seem to find an answer for. I'm looking to parse/find a string AND the next 15 or so charachters that follow the string within a text file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar23me
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. It is slightly different from my previous question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers (but no more than 10 numbers in series) whenever i find it and produce an output file with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export some lines from a file to a new file?

Dear everyone, I have a big file with many information in it, but I just want some lines. I don't know exactly what the number of the line I want, I only know some part of these line. It all starts with the word 'F(tot :1 )' I use grep command and find it. It looks like that on the screen:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find sum of any 'n' number of values from file matching target value?

I have a simple text file having payment amount value on each line. At the end of day 'n' number of payments created difference in amount that I need to match from this file. I have information about how many payments created difference and difference amount. Please help me to build shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swats007
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum product of even/odd lines

Hi, I have a text file like this 6.0000E-02 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 7.0000E-02 5.00000E-10 1.0000 5.00000E-10 1.0000 8.0000E-02 3.00000E-09 0.4082 3.00000E-09 0.4082 9.0000E-02 3.50000E-09 0.3780 3.50000E-09 0.3780 1.0000E-01 1.00000E-09... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
clamscan(1)							  Clam AntiVirus						       clamscan(1)

NAME
clamscan - scan files and directories for viruses SYNOPSIS
clamscan [options] [file/directory/-] DESCRIPTION
clamscan is a command line anti-virus scanner. OPTIONS
Most of the options are simple switches which enable or disable some features. Options marked with [=yes/no(*)] can be optionally followed by =yes/=no; if they get called without the boolean argument the scanner will assume 'yes'. The asterisk marks the default internal setting for a given option. -h, --help Print help information and exit. -V, --version Print version number and exit. -v, --verbose Be verbose. --debug Display debug messages from libclamav. --quiet Be quiet (only print error messages). --stdout Write all messages (except for libclamav output) to the standard output (stdout). -d FILE/DIR, --database=FILE/DIR Load virus database from FILE or load all virus database files from DIR. --official-db-only=[yes/no(*)] Only load the official signatures published by the ClamAV project. -l FILE, --log=FILE Save scan report to FILE. --tempdir=DIRECTORY Create temporary files in DIRECTORY. Directory must be writable for the '' user or unprivileged user running clamscan. --leave-temps Do not remove temporary files. -f FILE, --file-list=FILE Scan files listed line by line in FILE. -r, --recursive Scan directories recursively. All the subdirectories in the given directory will be scanned. --cross-fs=[yes(*)/no] Scan files and directories on other filesystems. --bell Sound bell on virus detection. --no-summary Do not display summary at the end of scanning. --exclude=REGEX, --exclude-dir=REGEX Don't scan file/directory names matching regular expression. These options can be used multiple times. --include=REGEX, --include-dir=REGEX Only scan file/directory matching regular expression. These options can be used multiple times. -i, --infected Only print infected files. --remove[=yes/no(*)] Remove infected files. Be careful. --move=DIRECTORY Move infected files into DIRECTORY. Directory must be writable for the '' user or unprivileged user running clamscan. --copy=DIRECTORY Copy infected files into DIRECTORY. Directory must be writable for the '' user or unprivileged user running clamscan. --bytecode[=yes(*)/no] With this option enabled ClamAV will load bytecode from the database. It is highly recommended you keep this option turned on, oth- erwise you may miss detections for many new viruses. --bytecode-trust-all[=yes/no(*)] This option disables safety checks and makes ClamAV trust all bytecode. It should only be used for debugging. --bytecode-timeout=N Set bytecode timeout in milliseconds (default: 60000 = 60s) --detect-pua[=yes/no(*)] Detect Possibly Unwanted Applications. --exclude-pua=CATEGORY Exclude a specific PUA category. This option can be used multiple times. See http://www.clamav.net/support/pua for the complete list of PUA --include-pua=CATEGORY Only include a specific PUA category. This option can be used multiple times. See http://www.clamav.net/support/pua for the complete list of PUA --detect-structured[=yes/no(*)] Use the DLP (Data Loss Prevention) module to detect SSN and Credit Card numbers inside documents/text files. --structured-ssn-format=X X=0: search for valid SSNs formatted as xxx-yy-zzzz (normal); X=1: search for valid SSNs formatted as xxxyyzzzz (stripped); X=2: search for both formats. Default is 0. --structured-ssn-count=#n This option sets the lowest number of Social Security Numbers found in a file to generate a detect (default: 3). --structured-cc-count=#n This option sets the lowest number of Credit Card numbers found in a file to generate a detect (default: 3). --scan-mail[=yes(*)/no] Scan mail files. --phishing-sigs[=yes(*)/no] Use the signature-based phishing detection. --phishing-scan-urls[=yes(*)/no] Use the url-based heuristic phishing detection (Phishing.Heuristics.Email.*) --heuristic-scan-precedence[=yes/no(*)] Allow heuristic match to take precedence. When enabled, if a heuristic scan (such as phishingScan) detects a possible virus/phish it will stop scan immediately. Recommended, saves CPU scan-time. When disabled, virus/phish detected by heuristic scans will be reported only at the end of a scan. If an archive contains both a heuristically detected virus/phish, and a real malware, the real malware will be reported Keep this disabled if you intend to handle "*.Heuristics.*" viruses differently from "real" malware. If a non-heuristically-detected virus (signature-based) is found first, the scan is interrupted immediately, regardless of this config option. --phishing-ssl[=yes/no(*)] Block SSL mismatches in URLs (might lead to false positives!). --phishing-cloak[=yes/no(*)] Block cloaked URLs (might lead to some false positives). --algorithmic-detection[=yes(*)/no] In some cases (eg. complex malware, exploits in graphic files, and others), ClamAV uses special algorithms to provide accurate detection. This option can be used to control the algorithmic detection. --scan-pe[=yes(*)/no] PE stands for Portable Executable - it's an executable file format used in all 32-bit versions of Windows operating systems. By default ClamAV performs deeper analysis of executable files and attempts to decompress popular executable packers such as UPX, Petite, and FSG. --scan-elf[=yes(*)/no] Executable and Linking Format is a standard format for UN*X executables. This option controls the ELF support. --scan-ole2[=yes(*)/no] Scan Microsoft Office documents and .msi files. --scan-pdf[=yes(*)/no] Scan within PDF files. --scan-html[=yes(*)/no] Detect, normalize/decrypt and scan HTML files and embedded scripts. --scan-archive[=yes(*)/no] Scan archives supported by libclamav. --detect-broken[=yes/no(*)] Mark broken executables as viruses (Broken.Executable). --block-encrypted[=yes/no(*)] Mark encrypted archives as viruses (Encrypted.Zip, Encrypted.RAR). --max-files=#n Extract at most #n files from each scanned file (when this is an archive, a document or another kind of container). This option pro- tects your system against DoS attacks (default: 10000) --max-filesize=#n Extract and scan at most #n kilobytes from each archive. You may pass the value in megabytes in format xM or xm, where x is a num- ber. This option protects your system against DoS attacks (default: 25 MB, max: <4 GB) --max-scansize=#n Extract and scan at most #n kilobytes from each scanned file. You may pass the value in megabytes in format xM or xm, where x is a number. This option protects your system against DoS attacks (default: 100 MB, max: <4 GB) --max-recursion=#n Set archive recursion level limit. This option protects your system against DoS attacks (default: 16). --max-dir-recursion=#n Maximum depth directories are scanned at (default: 15). EXAMPLES
(0) Scan a single file: clamscan file (1) Scan a current working directory: clamscan (2) Scan all files (and subdirectories) in /home: clamscan -r /home (3) Load database from a file: clamscan -d /tmp/newclamdb -r /tmp (4) Scan a data stream: cat testfile | clamscan - (5) Scan a mail spool directory: clamscan -r /var/spool/mail RETURN CODES
0 : No virus found. 1 : Virus(es) found. 2 : Some error(s) occured. CREDITS
Please check the full documentation for credits. AUTHOR
Tomasz Kojm <tkojm@clamav.net> SEE ALSO
clamdscan(1), freshclam(1), freshclam.conf(5) ClamAV 0.96.1 December 30, 2008 clamscan(1)