Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can't solve failed dependencies while installing a package. Post 303045664 by ravelino on Tuesday 7th of April 2020 09:27:12 AM
Old 04-07-2020
Can't solve failed dependencies while installing a package.

Hello,

I am trying to install an open source package in my AIX 5.1 machine,

smpeg-0.4.5-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
here is what I get:

Code:
# rpm -Uvh smpeg-0.4.5-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libGL.a(shr.o) is needed by smpeg-0.4.5-1
        libGLU.a(shr.o) is needed by smpeg-0.4.5-1

I have OpenGL installed, and I have searched for both above libraries (libGL.a and libGLU.a) in file manager, I found both of them in the following folders:

Code:
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/tools/ZAPdb/bin/
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/lib
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/lib/inst_updt
/usr/lib/

What should I do to install the above package? I don't have a clue, any suggestion?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing font package

Hi All, Where do I find/download this font package 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF-FONT_STYLE_NORMAL-14' and how to install it ? When I run an osi utility (ftamtool) it shows me this error: ##FTAM Tool : XView ERROR XView warning: Impossible de charger le jeu de caractères 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem with Dependencies package !

Dear Friends , I am using RHEL 5 server . In Linux when I am going to install 'mod_ssl' rpm then I got the following error : # rpm -ivh mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm --aid --force warning: mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186 error: Failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

5. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

7. Linux

Failed dependencies

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118, actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5, the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charli1
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following: #sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asc123321
3 Replies

9. Linux

Installing perl5.14 failed

Hi, While installing perl5.14 on my Linux box its failing with c compiler issue. below is the error message. Use which C compiler? ./trygcc: line 10: cc: command not found Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working. ./trygcc: line 25: gcc: command not found ./checkcc:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
11 Replies

10. HP-UX

Installing package

Hi, I need to use the tool "meminfo" in the server, however am not able to as it says the package is not found. I am also not able to find the package in the "HPUX Porting and Archive center". Please guide on how to install this package? Thanks, Aigini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)