Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can't solve failed dependencies while installing a package. Post 303045664 by ravelino on Tuesday 7th of April 2020 09:27:12 AM
Old 04-07-2020
Can't solve failed dependencies while installing a package.

Hello,

I am trying to install an open source package in my AIX 5.1 machine,

smpeg-0.4.5-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
here is what I get:

Code:
# rpm -Uvh smpeg-0.4.5-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libGL.a(shr.o) is needed by smpeg-0.4.5-1
        libGLU.a(shr.o) is needed by smpeg-0.4.5-1

I have OpenGL installed, and I have searched for both above libraries (libGL.a and libGLU.a) in file manager, I found both of them in the following folders:

Code:
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/tools/ZAPdb/bin/
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/lib
/usr/lpp/OpenGL/lib/inst_updt
/usr/lib/

What should I do to install the above package? I don't have a clue, any suggestion?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing font package

Hi All, Where do I find/download this font package 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF-FONT_STYLE_NORMAL-14' and how to install it ? When I run an osi utility (ftamtool) it shows me this error: ##FTAM Tool : XView ERROR XView warning: Impossible de charger le jeu de caractères 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem with Dependencies package !

Dear Friends , I am using RHEL 5 server . In Linux when I am going to install 'mod_ssl' rpm then I got the following error : # rpm -ivh mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm --aid --force warning: mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186 error: Failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

5. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

7. Linux

Failed dependencies

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118, actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5, the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charli1
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following: #sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asc123321
3 Replies

9. Linux

Installing perl5.14 failed

Hi, While installing perl5.14 on my Linux box its failing with c compiler issue. below is the error message. Use which C compiler? ./trygcc: line 10: cc: command not found Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working. ./trygcc: line 25: gcc: command not found ./checkcc:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
11 Replies

10. HP-UX

Installing package

Hi, I need to use the tool "meminfo" in the server, however am not able to as it says the package is not found. I am also not able to find the package in the "HPUX Porting and Archive center". Please guide on how to install this package? Thanks, Aigini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
DH_JAVADOC(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_JAVADOC(1)

NAME
dh_javadoc - generate javadoc documentation and install in package directory SYNOPSIS
dh_javadoc [debhelper options] [-p<package>] [--sourcedir source path] [Java packages] DESCRIPTION
dh_javadoc is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating HTML Java documentation and installing it in package directories. This should be done in the documentaion package of all Java libraries. Normal Java programs should not be supplied with javadoc documentation (neither in their main package or in a separate documentation package) Any package specified as parameters will be installed into the first package dh_javadoc is told to act on. Use of the standard debhelper -p option is highly recommended. A file named debian/package.javadoc may list additional packages to have documentation generated. These should be separated by new lines. When the Java policy is modified, this script will also install links to the documentation in a common place so that javadoc pages may be interlinked; and also provide a substitution variable for documentation package dependencies. Javadoc generation is done using gjdoc, currently the only free javadoc implementation. When new features are added to this (such as overview files), this script will be modified accordingly. OPTIONS
--sourcedir source path Specify the source path in which to look for Java source files. Java packages Names of Java packages to be documented. TODO
+ Check parameters more carefully. + Add substvar for documentation dependencies + Don't put the 'common' directory in all packages - refer to one in /usr/share/gjdoc & insist on creating that dependency + Other items depend on gjdoc improvements: - Add package listings to common directory - Generate dependency substvar based on additional doc packages used. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is designed similar to debhelper AUTHOR
Mark Howard <mh@debian.org> 4.7 2012-04-16 DH_JAVADOC(1)