Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Blog-Thread: Creating a Shell Wrapper and Runtime Modifier (SWARM) Post 303045656 by sea on Monday 6th of April 2020 11:29:27 PM
Old 04-07-2020
My 'recent' speed increase commit, like 6 actual commits back, broke the actual creating of the user config file, which I didnt realize back then because I had forgotton to delete said file.
Next is the creating of the/a RAMDISK for RO systems, figured I dont need to copy SWARM over there, I just need to 'map' the semi-required files there.

With this said, I had lost track of the RO systems handling, allthough prepared....
Also I've copied to code to a laptop to work on that or a bit, which broke - for some weird reason - the application detection using which, allthough which is installed as well...
So, in a way, I'm back to square one again.

But that was to be expected after several years not using gnu+linux.
Gives me a chance to simplify and unify the 'init' procedure some more, hopefully Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell version at runtime?

How can I check what kornshell version I am using at runtime from within a kornshell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qanda
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab is not creating runtime files which are in script..

this is the output i am getting here.. cp: cannot create /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/eoigwsA_Health_Status_Report.html: Permission denied /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/ /wls_domains/eoigw/eoigwsA/deliv/cron/MailingScript/GenerateReport.sh:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surekha268
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Creating a blog site on a local computer

Hello! I would like to create a blog website on a web domain of mine. The blog will be used for publishing economics-lated articles. I tried to use a few open source packages for blog creation (WorldPress, b2evolution, Movable type) which I wanted to test on a local computer before arranging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: degoor
5 Replies

5. Programming

creating multiple threads using single thread id

Hi all, Can I create multiple threads using single thread_id like pthread_t thread_id; pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_xs, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_ys, NULL); pthread_create(&thread_id, NULL, &print_zs, NULL); pthread_join(thread_id, NULL); what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Runtime Statistics

Hi, I am trying to capture runtime stats of a shell script (c shell). Are there system variables to call? Or should I create a date variable at the start of the script and at the end of the script? I am trying to capture the time if the script stops or ends with error. Please help. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script average runtime

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Make a bash script that calculates average runtime for the first two scripts you made. The average should be... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: navlelo
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script and Progress Bar or GUI Wrapper

Hi, I have shell script that I am running under Ubuntu as root. Is it possible to hide the command window and show the user some sort of progress /random progress bar / or other form of GUI interaction? On MAC, I have been using Platypus but on Ubuntu I am not sure what to do. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedanwar4u
4 Replies
PREPARE 
TRANSACTION(7) SQL Commands PREPARE TRANSACTION(7) NAME
PREPARE TRANSACTION - prepare the current transaction for two-phase commit SYNOPSIS
PREPARE TRANSACTION transaction_id DESCRIPTION
PREPARE TRANSACTION prepares the current transaction for two-phase commit. After this command, the transaction is no longer associated with the current session; instead, its state is fully stored on disk, and there is a very high probability that it can be committed success- fully, even if a database crash occurs before the commit is requested. Once prepared, a transaction can later be committed or rolled back with COMMIT PREPARED [commit_prepared(7)] or ROLLBACK PREPARED [roll- back_prepared(7)], respectively. Those commands can be issued from any session, not only the one that executed the original transaction. From the point of view of the issuing session, PREPARE TRANSACTION is not unlike a ROLLBACK command: after executing it, there is no active current transaction, and the effects of the prepared transaction are no longer visible. (The effects will become visible again if the transaction is committed.) If the PREPARE TRANSACTION command fails for any reason, it becomes a ROLLBACK: the current transaction is canceled. PARAMETERS
transaction_id An arbitrary identifier that later identifies this transaction for COMMIT PREPARED or ROLLBACK PREPARED. The identifier must be written as a string literal, and must be less than 200 bytes long. It must not be the same as the identifier used for any currently prepared transaction. NOTES
This command must be used inside a transaction block. Use BEGIN [begin(7)] to start one. It is not currently allowed to PREPARE a transaction that has executed any operations involving temporary tables, created any cursors WITH HOLD, or executed LISTEN or UNLISTEN. Those features are too tightly tied to the current session to be useful in a transaction to be pre- pared. If the transaction modified any run-time parameters with SET (without the LOCAL option), those effects persist after PREPARE TRANSACTION, and will not be affected by any later COMMIT PREPARED or ROLLBACK PREPARED. Thus, in this one respect PREPARE TRANSACTION acts more like COMMIT than ROLLBACK. All currently available prepared transactions are listed in the pg_prepared_xacts system view. Caution: It is unwise to leave transactions in the prepared state for a long time. This will interfere with the ability of VACUUM to reclaim storage, and in extreme cases could cause the database to shut down to prevent transaction ID wraparound (see in the documentation). Keep in mind also that the transaction continues to hold whatever locks it held. The intended usage of the feature is that a pre- pared transaction will normally be committed or rolled back as soon as an external transaction manager has verified that other data- bases are also prepared to commit. If you have not set up an external transaction manager to track prepared transactions and ensure they get closed out promptly, it is best to keep the prepared-transaction feature disabled by setting max_prepared_transactions to zero. This will prevent accidental creation of prepared transactions that might then be forgotten and eventually cause problems. EXAMPLES
Prepare the current transaction for two-phase commit, using foobar as the transaction identifier: PREPARE TRANSACTION 'foobar'; SEE ALSO
COMMIT PREPARED [commit_prepared(7)], ROLLBACK PREPARED [rollback_prepared(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 PREPARE TRANSACTION(7)