Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Resolving problems with web application Post 303045655 by Neo on Monday 6th of April 2020 08:43:11 PM
Old 04-06-2020
What is the exact operating system?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

2. Web Development

Problems with an application

I gurus Can any guru of networking or applications can help me with this problem please. I Attached a document where I try to explain in detail the problem. So I attached a wireshark capture too. I attached a file where I can explain in detail the problem and a pcap file where you can observe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
7 Replies

3. Web Development

Web Application creation on UNIX

Hi, I would like to create an application with HTML front end in Unix. I am working on enterprise Unix server, so I could not install any add ons or software in my machine. but still i have super user permissions. I can change the permissions as i wish. I have built a small application with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Starting Web Application on Jboss

Hello, I installed Jboss EAP 6 on a remote Linux server in standalone mode, and deployed a HelloWorld war file successfully. Opened a browser on my PC and pointed to http://127.0.0.1:8080/filename. I can see “Hello World!” on my browser. However, if the browser points to http://server's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
3 Replies
Perl::OSType(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Perl::OSType(3pm)

NAME
Perl::OSType - Map Perl operating system names to generic types VERSION
version 1.002 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::OSType ':all'; $current_type = os_type(); $other_type = os_type('dragonfly'); # gives 'Unix' DESCRIPTION
Modules that provide OS-specific behaviors often need to know if the current operating system matches a more generic type of operating systems. For example, 'linux' is a type of 'Unix' operating system and so is 'freebsd'. This module provides a mapping between an operating system name as given by $^O and a more generic type. The initial version is based on the OS type mappings provided in Module::Build and ExtUtils::CBuilder. (Thus, Microsoft operating systems are given the type 'Windows' rather than 'Win32'.) USAGE
No functions are exported by default. The export tag ":all" will export all functions listed below. os_type() $os_type = os_type(); $os_type = os_type('MSWin32'); Returns a single, generic OS type for a given operating system name. With no arguments, returns the OS type for the current value of $^O. If the operating system is not recognized, the function will return the empty string. is_os_type() $is_windows = is_os_type('Windows'); $is_unix = is_os_type('Unix', 'dragonfly'); Given an OS type and OS name, returns true or false if the OS name is of the given type. As with "os_type", it will use the current operating system as a default if no OS name is provided. SEE ALSO
o Devel::CheckOS AUTHOR
David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by David Golden. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Perl::OSType(3pm)