Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers CentOS 7 trying to install failed to start vnc server : with configured resource limit was excee Post 303045652 by umen on Monday 6th of April 2020 12:37:31 PM
Old 04-06-2020
CentOS 7 trying to install failed to start vnc server : with configured resource limit was excee

i followd this tutorial :
How to Install and Configure VNC Server in CentOS 7

to install desktop and connected it via vnc from my windows PC using VNC viewer
but im getting this error in the : sudo systemctl start vncserver@:1 stage
im doing all from my user centos which is the main user im using with sudo enabled :
my /etc/systemd/system/vncserver@:1.service looks like this :

Code:
 [Unit]
    Description=Remote desktop service (VNC)
    After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
    Type=forking

# Clean any existing files in /tmp/.X11-unix environment
    ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i > /dev/null 2>&1 || :'
    ExecStart=/usr/sbin/runuser -l centos -c "/usr/bin/vncserver %i"
    PIDFile=/home/<USER>/.vnc/%H%i.pid
    ExecStop=/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/vncserver -kill %i > /dev/null 2>&1 || :'

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

this is the info :

Code:
  -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1828 Apr  6 16:25 /etc/systemd/system/vncserver@:1.service

now im trying to start the vnc server :

Code:
   [centos@ip-10-0-0-111 ~]$ sudo systemctl daemon-reload
    [centos@ip-10-0-0-111 ~]$ sudo systemctl start vncserver@:1
    Job for vncserver@:1.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status vncserver@:1.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

what can be the problem ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

failed login time limit

Hello, we had a situation where an account was locked out due to too many failed login attempts. From the logs (failedlogin, etc) it appears that AIX 'remembered' the failed login attempts from the past month or so. does anyone know where this is set, or how long it will remember the number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail/ftp/web servers, on VIRTUAL!! dedicated server. Also resource usage. Centos 5.

Hi. First of all, would 4 or 5 websites, 1 ftp server (when downloading by someone or a few persons or one, concretize) and one mail server (not many emails, just to sound official and have a nice, spam-free email for myself). Websites with not that many, but some, later more visitors, quite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newn
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris:Tomcat-Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/One.jar

Hi All, I have configured the tomcat 6.0.26 and it is working fine in Solaris. Testing JSP and SERVLET program I ensured tomcat is configured properly (My guess). ------------------- Now I placed my Servlet and JSP code under /users/kalai/sample. I have created a soft link to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

xen vnc not working in Centos

i configured XEN to use port 5902 and it worked. I installed vncserver on the host machine. Now when i connect to 5902 it redirects me to the centos machine not to the XEN guest. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrjoli021
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Start of VNC with Solaris

Hello, We have machines running Solaris 2.8 These are part of a process control system. A selection menu after the launch of Solaris can be selected whether the Solaris desktop or Leitsoftware to start. VNC server is up and running when the Solaris user interface is started or when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eckart.t
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm swapon failed Device or resource busy

Is there a trick to mounting swap in n a lvm? I can't get it to work. # swapon -va swapon on /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: found swap signature: version 1, page-size 4, same byte order swapon: /dev/mapper/VG-lv_swap: pagesize=4096, swapsize=4294967296,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Authentication Failed in Linux centos

Hi everyone ... ( Linux Cent OS ) i cant login as root user in my lab machine ... i did give correct root and root passwd ..but it showing Authentication Failed ... plz help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Reuse old/configured server for new purpose problems.

Greetings. First of all I consider myself a newbe in Linux, that's why I'm seeking your help so please be patient! I was given an old server (Solaris) that has Oracle (10.2.0) installed with a few databases. I'm supposed to reuse this server for this new application which will process data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
11 Replies

9. HP-UX

VPAR Resource Capacity Limit

Hello Guys Could you please let me know the command to find the resource (vCPU & Memory) capacity limit for the VPAR's (HPUX 11.23) on integrity Virtual host servers running HPUX 11.31 OS. For eg. I want to know what is the max vCPU and memory that I can assign to one VPAR. The Base Virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
0 Replies
Net::VNC(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Net::VNC(3pm)

NAME
Net::VNC - A simple VNC client SYNOPSIS
use Net::VNC; my $vnc = Net::VNC->new({hostname => $hostname, password => $password}); $vnc->depth(24); $vnc->login; print $vnc->name . ": " . $vnc->width . ' x ' . $vnc->height . " "; my $image = $vnc->capture; $image->save("out.png"); DESCRIPTION
Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a desktop sharing system which uses the RFB (Remote FrameBuffer) protocol to remotely control another computer. This module acts as a VNC client and communicates to a VNC server using the RFB protocol, allowing you to capture the screen of the remote computer. This module dies upon connection errors (with a timeout of 15 seconds) and protocol errors. This implementation is based largely on the RFB Protocol Specification, <http://www.realvnc.com/docs/rfbproto.pdf>. That document has an error in the DES encryption description, which is clarified via <http://www.vidarholen.net/contents/junk/vnc.html>. METHODS
new The constructor. Given a hostname and a password returns a Net::VNC object: my $vnc = Net::VNC->new({hostname => $hostname, password => $password}); Optionally, you can also specify a port, which defaults to 5900. For ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) authentication you must also specify a username. You must also install Crypt::GCrypt::MPI and Crypt::Random. login Logs into the remote computer: $vnc->login; name Returns the name of the remote computer: print $vnc->name . ": " . $vnc->width . ' x ' . $vnc->height . " "; width Returns the width of the remote screen: print $vnc->name . ": " . $vnc->width . ' x ' . $vnc->height . " "; height Returns the height of the remote screen: print $vnc->name . ": " . $vnc->width . ' x ' . $vnc->height . " "; capture Captures the screen of the remote computer, returning an Image::Imlib2 object: my $image = $vnc->capture; $image->save("out.png"); You may call capture() multiple times. Each time, the $image buffer is overwritten with the updated screen. So, to create a series of ten screen shots: for my $n (1..10) { my $filename = sprintf 'snapshot%02d.png', $n++; $vnc->capture()->save($filename); print "Wrote $filename "; } depth Specify the bit depth for the screen. The supported choices are 24, 16 or 8. If unspecified, the server's default value is used. This property should be set before the call to login(). save_bandwidth Accepts a boolean, defaults to false. Specifies whether to use more CPU-intensive algorithms to compress the VNC datastream. LAN or localhost connections may prefer to leave this false. This property should be set before the call to login(). list_encodings Returns a list of encoding number/encoding name pairs. This can be used as a class method like so: my %encodings = Net::VNC->list_encodings(); send_key_event_down Send a key down event. The keys are the same as the corresponding ASCII value. Other common keys: BackSpace 0xff08 Tab 0xff09 Return or Enter 0xff0d Escape 0xff1b Insert 0xff63 Delete 0xffff Home 0xff50 End 0xff57 Page Up 0xff55 Page Down 0xff56 Left 0xff51 Up 0xff52 Right 0xff53 Down 0xff54 F1 0xffbe F2 0xffbf F3 0xffc0 F4 0xffc1 ... ... F12 0xffc9 Shift (left) 0xffe1 Shift (right) 0xffe2 Control (left) 0xffe3 Control (right) 0xffe4 Meta (left) 0xffe7 Meta (right) 0xffe8 Alt (left) 0xffe9 Alt (right) 0xffea $vnc->send_key_event_down('A'); send_key_event_up Send a key up event: $vnc->send_key_event_up('A'); send_key_event Send a key down event followed by a key up event: $vnc->send_key_event('A'); send_key_event_string Send key events for every character in a string: $vnc->send_key_event_string('Hello'); send_pointer_event( $button_mask, $x, $y ) Send pointer event (usually a mouse). This is used to move the pointer or make clicks or drags. It is easier to call the "mouse_move" or <mouse_click> methods instead. mouse_move_to($x, $y) Send the pointer to the given position. The cursor instantly jumps there instead of smoothly moving to there. mouse_click Click on current pointer position. mouse_right_click Right-click on current pointer position. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Bit depth We do not yet support 8-bit true-colour mode, which is commonly supported by servers but is rarely employed by clients. Byte order We have currently tested this package against servers with the same byte order as the client. This might break with a little-endian server/big-endian client or vice versa. We're working on tests for those latter cases. Testing and patching help would be appreciated. Efficiency We've implemented a subset of the data compression algorithms supported by most VNC servers. We hope to add more of the high-compression transfer encodings in the future. AUTHORS
Leon Brocard acme@astray.com Chris Dolan clotho@cpan.org Apple Remote Desktop authentication based on LibVNCServer Maurice Castro maurice@ipexchange.com.au Many thanks for Foxtons Ltd for giving Leon the opportunity to write the original version of this module. Copyright (C) 2006, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-10-31 Net::VNC(3pm)