Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Resolving problems with web application Post 303045649 by anaigini45 on Monday 6th of April 2020 08:47:22 AM
Old 04-06-2020
Resolving problems with web application

Hi,

There is an application that our team uses that has been throwing "Connection Time Out" errors very often.
We want to resolve this problem ASAP, but we are at a dead end of how to go about resolving this problem.

The application that we use is apache-tomcat-6.0.32. In the same server that this version of tomcat runs, we also have applications running on apache-tomcat-7.0.12.
For the latter, there is no connection time out problems. After further investigation, I found an article that says :

Quote:
Support for Apache Tomcat 6.0.x ended on 31st December 2016. There have been multiple security vulnerabilities announced since then that are very likely to affect the 6.0.x series (once a Tomcat version reaches EOL, it is not assessed to see if it is affected by new security vulnerability reports).
So I believe that this is the cause for the problem ?

To resolve this our team has discussed, and the plan is to upgrade the tomcat to tomcat 8, and josso from 1.8 to josso 2. I have started the setup and config of josso2, however now I am stuck at getting the user credentials from our database.
I am sure this will take some time to resolve, although I cannot estimate how long.

Is there a way to temporarily stop the "Connection Time Out" problem? Is it possible to add some values/variables in workers.properties or any other config file in tomcat to resolve this problem temporarily?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

2. Web Development

Problems with an application

I gurus Can any guru of networking or applications can help me with this problem please. I Attached a document where I try to explain in detail the problem. So I attached a wireshark capture too. I attached a file where I can explain in detail the problem and a pcap file where you can observe... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
7 Replies

3. Web Development

Web Application creation on UNIX

Hi, I would like to create an application with HTML front end in Unix. I am working on enterprise Unix server, so I could not install any add ons or software in my machine. but still i have super user permissions. I can change the permissions as i wish. I have built a small application with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Starting Web Application on Jboss

Hello, I installed Jboss EAP 6 on a remote Linux server in standalone mode, and deployed a HelloWorld war file successfully. Opened a browser on my PC and pointed to http://127.0.0.1:8080/filename. I can see “Hello World!” on my browser. However, if the browser points to http://server's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
3 Replies
apport-cli(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-cli(1)

NAME
apport-cli - Command line client for reporting problems SYNOPSIS
apport-cli apport-cli -c report apport-cli -f -p package apport-cli -f -P pid DESCRIPTION
apport automatically collects data from crashed processes and compiles a problem report in /var/crash/. This is a command line frontend for reporting those crashes to the developers. It can also be used to report bugs about packages or running processes. For desktop systems with a graphical user interface, you should consider installing the GTK or Qt user interface (apport-gtk or apport-qt). apport-cli is mainly intended to be used on servers. When called without any options, it processes the pending crash reports and offers to report them one by one. You can also display the entire report to see what is sent to the software developers. OPTIONS
-c report, --crash-file=report Instead of walking over the new crash reports in /var/crash/, report a particular report in an arbitrary file location. This is useful for copying a crash report to a machine with internet connection and reporting it from there. -f, --file-bug Report a (non-crash) problem. Requires specifying --package or --pid. This will automatically attach information about your operat- ing sytem and the package version etc. to the bug report, so that the developers have some important context. -p package, --package=package When being used in --file-bug mode, specify the package to report the problem against. -P pid, --pid=pid When being used in --file-bug mode, specify the PID (process ID) of a running program to report the problem against. This can be determined with e. g. ps -ux. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily when calling the apport frontend (-cli, -gtk, or -qt). AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt August 01, 2007 apport-cli(1)