Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ha mailserver, is possible active/active with "constant" connection? Post 303045634 by Peasant on Sunday 5th of April 2020 03:52:15 AM
Old 04-05-2020
A small addon for active active - so traffic flows thru both haproxys.

You need 2 VIP address for keepalived, on one node first VIP is master, on another second VIP is master.
Both will be on one node in case of node failure.

Then, you add third entry on your DNS system (mymail.example.com) -> pointing to those two VIP addresses.
This is the record you 'attack' from outside with your clients.

Since both VIP IP addresses are always active, clients will be always be able to connect to both when DNS is queried.
Client attempts to make a connection to mymail.example.com ( one VIP is returned in RR fashion from the pool of two ) --> HAPROXY --> your mail server.

Setup sticky session in haproxy and make it listen on 0.0.0.0
Be sure to allow VRRP traffic between those two LB.

In case of failure, everything hicks wrote stands, clients connected to failed VIP will notice a short failover and reconnect to second node.
But only roughly 50% of those, since half of those went to another VIP using same DNS record.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Active Network Connection Override

Hi All, I use two Network Connections at work: Wireless and LAN. Wireless network has no limitations, but LAN internet has a web filter. I start a download using my Wireless conn. (At this point, LAN is disabled) But when I activate my LAN connection my download stops immediately. LAN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalavkalav
4 Replies

2. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two specified "constant" texts using awk

Hi All, From the title you may know that this question has been asked several times and I have done lot of Googling on this. I have a Wikipedia dump file in XML format. All the contents are in one XML file i.e. all different topics have been put in one XML file. Now I need to separate them and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

5. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies
ipa-replica-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-install(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-install - Create an IPA replica SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-install [OPTION]... replica_file DESCRIPTION
Configures a new IPA server that is a replica of the server that generated it. Once it has been created it is an exact copy of the original IPA server and is an equal master. Changes made to any master are automatically replicated to other masters. The replica_file is created using the ipa-replica-prepare utility. If the installation fails you may need to run ipa-server-install --uninstall before running ipa-replica-install again. The installation will fail if the host you are installing the replica on exists as a host in IPA or an existing replication agreement exists (for example, from a previously failed installation). A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
BASIC OPTIONS --setup-ca Install and configure a CA on this replica. If a CA is not configured then certificate operations will be forwarded to a master with a CA installed. --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of this server. If this address does not match the address the host resolves to and --setup-dns is not selected the installation will fail. If the server hostname is not resolvable, a record for the hostname and IP_ADDRESS is added to /etc/hosts. -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password -w ADMIN_PASSWORD, --admin-password=ADMIN_PASSWORD Admin user Kerberos password used for connection check --mkhomedir Create home directories for users on their first login -N, --no-ntp Do not configure NTP --no-ui-redirect Do not automatically redirect to the Web UI. --ssh-trust-dns Configure OpenSSH client to trust DNS SSHFP records. --no-ssh Do not configure OpenSSH client. --no-sshd Do not configure OpenSSH server. --skip-conncheck Skip connection check to remote master -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input CERTIFICATE SYSTEM OPTIONS --skip-schema-check Skip check for updated CA DS schema on the remote master DNS OPTIONS --setup-dns Generate a DNS zone if it does not exist already and configure the DNS server. This option requires that you either specify at least one DNS forwarder through the --forwarder option or use the --no-forwarders option. --forwarder=IP_ADDRESS Add a DNS forwarder to the DNS configuration. You can use this option multiple times to specify more forwarders, but at least one must be provided, unless the --no-forwarders option is specified. --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders. Root DNS servers will be used instead. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create new reverse DNS zone. If a reverse DNS zone already exists for the subnet, it will be used. --no-host-dns Do not use DNS for hostname lookup during installation --no-dns-sshfp Do not automatically create DNS SSHFP records. EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred 3 if the host exists in the IPA server or a replication agreement to the remote master already exists IPA
May 16 2012 ipa-replica-install(1)