Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ha mailserver, is possible active/active with "constant" connection? Post 303045629 by Peasant on Saturday 4th of April 2020 02:10:25 PM
Old 04-04-2020
Why address on lo interface ?
Getting address on that interface is only used in case of DSR (direct server return) balancing, which haproxy does not do.
Haproxy is L3 and above, while DSR is L2.

Can you remove the lo:0 address entry from ALL servers (LB and mail servers) ?
In your case, VIP address is only on master haproxy node (one of two) with /24 mask (not on lo, and keepalived is handing that.

Also, configure the keepalived in the following manner, then retest :

Code:
vrrp_script check_haproxy {
script "/usr/bin/killall -0 haproxy" # be sure to check the availability of killall program or configure some other check, killall is cheap.
interval 2
weight 2
}
vrrp_instance VI_1 {
        state MASTER #
        interface <your network interface for VIP address>
        virtual_router_id 51
        priority 101
# VRRP VIP
virtual_ipaddress {
}
authentication {
        auth_type PASS
        auth_pass <some password>
}

track_script {
        check_haproxy
}
}

Haproxy keeps monitoring accessibility of (mail) backend servers, and keepalived keeps monitoring if haproxy is up.
If that is what you need and i understood correctly.

Of course, you can add additional conditions to keepalived to execute failover of VIP address, after you confirm everything is working.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Active Network Connection Override

Hi All, I use two Network Connections at work: Wireless and LAN. Wireless network has no limitations, but LAN internet has a web filter. I start a download using my Wireless conn. (At this point, LAN is disabled) But when I activate my LAN connection my download stops immediately. LAN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalavkalav
4 Replies

2. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two specified "constant" texts using awk

Hi All, From the title you may know that this question has been asked several times and I have done lot of Googling on this. I have a Wikipedia dump file in XML format. All the contents are in one XML file i.e. all different topics have been put in one XML file. Now I need to separate them and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

5. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies
killall(8)						      System Manager's Manual							killall(8)

NAME
killall - Terminates all processes started by the user, except the calling process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/killall [- | [-]signal_name | -signal_number] /usr/sbin/killall -l FLAGS
The hyphen character (without an argument) sends a SIGTERM signal initially and then sends a SIGKILL signal to all processes that survive for 30 seconds after receipt of the first signal. This gives processes that catch the SIGTERM signal an opportunity to clean up. A signal name, optionally preceded by a hyphen, sends the specified signal to processes. The hyphen character (with a signal number argument) sends the specified signal, either a name, stripped of the SIG prefix (such as KILL), or a number (such as 9). For information about signal names and numbers, see the signal() system call. In the System V habitat, the optional signal number does not have to be preceded with a hyphen (-). Lists signal names in numerical order (as given in the /usr/include/signal.h file), stripped of the common SIG prefix. DESCRIPTION
This command provides a convenient means of killing all processes created by the shell that you control. When started by the superuser, the killall command kills all processes that can be terminated, except those processes that started it, the kernel processes, and processes 0 and 1 (init). Security Configuration This command is modified in all security configurations of the system. EXAMPLES
To stop all background processes that have started, enter: killall This sends all background processes signal 9 (the kill signal, also called SIGKILL). To stop all background processes, giving them a chance to clean up, enter: killall - This sends signal 15 (SIGTERM), waits 30 seconds, and then sends signal 9 (SIGKILL). To send a specific signal to the background processes, enter: killall -2 This sends signal 2 (SIGINT) to the background processes. To list the signal names in numerical order, stripped of the SIG prefix, enter: killall -l This displays a list of signals, which may vary from system to system. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Calls: kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(2) delim off killall(8)