Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining two perl commands into one Post 303045626 by bedtime on Saturday 4th of April 2020 12:16:23 PM
Old 04-04-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezabudka
Hello
A good idea. I also started up. nezabudka / srt_to_ass . GitLab
I tried to work with your script, but since I have slow Internet, I was not able to translate the file over all night. I tried to send requests in a non-blocking cycle in the background, but after around 75% percent of translated in 5 minutes banned me in Google. Smilie
Google only bans for an hour or two. You'll be up and running again quickly. Smilie

Quote:
I had to look for workarounds. That's what I did. I translate in portions of 50 renumbered lines. The script runs 1 to 2 minutes. I just made a release, I still need to write explanations and test. If it will be interesting, I will write a little later
Nice script! You are much better at this than I am. Much of the code is new to me, so it might take a while for me to understand it.

It runs fine for me with file.srt or if I use any .srt file that is English with no strange characters, but if I use a source file that has French in it, it doesn't work:

Code:
parameters selected: en[source] ru[target] ru[top screen]
seq: missing operand
Try 'seq --help' for more information.
file .srt is Ok...
file .text is Ok...
Translating...

It will continue to translate but the translation will end up scrambled. This would be so great to get working. I put in a few hours today trying to fix it with no luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining elements of different commands in history

What is the correct format for a single command that would combine portions of 2 different lines in the command history? I'm using a C shell. Here's a simplified command history to clarify: 4 rm file1 5 ls -ld file2 file3 file4 6 cat file 5 With the above history, what would be the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbyte
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining sed commands

I would like to change the lines: originalline1 originalline2 to: originalline1new originalline1newline originalline2new originalline2newline To do this, id like to combine the commands: sed 's/^/&new/g' file > newfile1 and sed '/^/ a\\ newline\\ \\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining commands

Hello all, I am trying to list and count all the files of a particular type in any given directory. I can use the commands separately but when I combine them they do not give an output. The command for counting the files is ls -1 | wc -l and for listing all the file of particular type say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combining two commands.

Is there anyway to achieve "find /home -name "*.bashrc" 2>/dev/null" and "PS1="\n>"" in the same command? I just wanna add a line to the previous command to change the PS1 variable to ">". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple commands

Hi Guys, I am looking to optimze these 5 SSH lines to a single SSH to get my machine to not hang! lol! cat hosts.lst | xargs -n1 -t -i echo 'home/util/timeout 6 0 ssh -q {} top -b > util/{}.top &' >> r_query_info cat hosts.lst | xargs -n1 -t -i echo 'home/util/timeout 6 0 ssh -q {} uname -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wick3dsunny
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining two commands that use sar.

hey can anyone tell me how can i combine these two commands so that it is executed only once, but gives me both the results. IDLE=`sar 30 6 | grep Average | awk '{print $1 $5}' ` sar 30 120 | awk '{print $1" "$5}' >> mailx -m -s "$MSG" xyz@abc.com. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Khatri
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining resukts of ls commands

Hi, I have a directory with some XML files in it. I can use wildcards to get the list of XMLs I want say I have following XMLs in same dir Employee1.xml Employee2.xml Employee3.xml and Salary1.xml Salary2.xml Salary3.xml apart from other .txt .dat files etc I want to write a unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with combining the ls and 'file' commands

I have a directory of 3000 files without extensions (Solaris 5.10). I would like to iterate the file names through the 'file' command and output their mime types (most are pdf or jpg, but a very few might be psd or swf which show simply as 'data') So, I would like the output of the 'ls'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwallace
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combining awk commands?

I can achieve two tasks with 2 different awk commands: 1) awk -F";;WORD" '{print $2}' file | sed '/^$/d' #to find surface_word 2) awk -F"bw:|gloss:" '// {print $2}' file | sed '/\//!d; s:/*+*: + :g; s:^+::; s: *+ *$::;' #to find segmentation of surface_word Number 1) finds surface_word... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining 2 commands

Hello all, I need to send an attachment and text in the body, both in the same Email. Below are two cammand that send the required data in separate Emails. I need to combine them so that I get just 1 Email containing the attachment & text in the body. uuencode ${filename} "${file_}" |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies
RDSWAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RDSWAP(1)

["NAME"]
       rdswap - a multi-language RD documents support tool

["SYNOPSIS"]
       rdswap [ -h | -v ] filename ...

["DESCRIPTION"]
       This tool is written to support you to write multi-language documents using the Ruby-Document-Format (RD).

The idea for such a tool was originated by Minero Aoki, how has thought about, how to make life easier for developers who have to write and
       maintain scripts in more than one language.

You have to specify at least two filenames on the command line. One containing the Ruby script, the second containing a translated  RD.	If
       the  script  does  not  end  with `.rb', it has to be the first filename mentioned on the command line! In opposition, all files containing
       translations must not ending with `.rb'! They should use a extension that describes the language. So that would give us the following  pic-
       ture:

o sample.rb : Script contains the original documentation.

o sample.jp : Documentation written in Japanese.

o sample.de : Translation to German.

The  tool doesn't care about the language extensions. You can name them as you like! So the file containing the Japanese translation above,
       could also be names e.g. `sample.japan' or even `japantranslation.japan'.

For every translation file, a new file will be created. The name is build from the script filename plus the language extension. So  regard-
       ing the example above, following files would be created:

o sample.rb.jp

o sample.rb.de

or, given the alternative translation filename as mentioned above...

o sample.rb.japan

["How does it work?"]
       The  contents  of all files will be split into source and RD blocks. The source of the translation files, will be discarded! Every RD block
       may be of a certain type. The type will be taken from the contents directly following the `=begin' on the same line. If	there  is  only  a
       lonely `=begin' on a line by itself, the type of the block is `nil'. That means in
	   # File sample.rd
	   :
	   =begin
	    bla bla
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin whatever or not
	    blub blub
	   =end
	   :

the first block would be of type `nil' and the second one of type `whatever or not'.

Block  types  are  important for the translation. If a source will be generated from a script and a translation file, only these blocks are
       taken from the translation files, that comes in the right sequence and contains the same type as the block in the script! For example:
	   # File sample.rb
	   :
	   =begin gnark
	    Some comment
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 2
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 3
	   =end
	   :

# File sample.de
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block zwei
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block drei
	   =end
	   :

Here, the first block of `sample.rb' will *not* be translated, as there is no translation block with that type in sample.de! So	the  first
       block  would  be  inserted as-it-is into the translated script. The blocks afterwards, however, are translated as the block type does match
       (it is `nil' there).

Attention: In a translation file, a second block will only be used, if a first one was already used (matched). A third block will  only	be
       used, if a second one was used already!

That  means,  if the first block of `sample.de' would be of type e.g. `Never match', then no block would ever be taken to replace anyone of
       `sample.rb'.

["OPTIONS"]
       ["-h"]
	      shows this help text.

["-v"]
	      shows some more text during processing.

["filename"]
	      means a file, that contains RD and/or Ruby code.

["EXAMPLES"]
	   rdswap -v sample.rb sample.ja sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.rb sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.de sample.rb
	   rdswap -v sample.??

["AUTHORS"]
       Clemens Hintze <c.hintze@gmx.net>.

June 2012								 RDSWAP(1)