Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Execute a script once a file uploaded to directory Post 303045610 by Abu Rayane on Friday 3rd of April 2020 09:01:32 AM
Old 04-03-2020
Well I modified the code replacing:
Code:
mail
find

with
Code:
/usr/bin/mail
/usr/bin/find

I checked if the script is running on startup:
Code:
ps -eaf | grep shellDetect.sh | grep -v grep

BUT it is not running

The cron log is with RED background color
Code:
Apr  3 14:41:39 ns366860 CRON[1013]: (root) CMD (/root/Scripts/Misc/shellDetect.sh >> /root/Scripts/Misc/error.log)

I place this code with inotify:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
inotifywait -m /home/uvid/www/Uploads -e create -e moved_to |
            while read -r dir action file; do
                            echo "The file '$file' appeared in directory '$dir' via '$action'"
                            sh /root/Scripts/Misc/shellDetect.sh
        echo "Hello new file is here | /usr/bin/mail -s "new file" EMAIL
                                        done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make sure a file is uploaded in its entirety

Hi, I have a client who uploads files to my FTP server on a regular basis. Instead of checking the server all the time, I wrote a script that e-mail me to let me know that there is a new file and attaches is it in the e-mail (they're all small compressed archives). The potential issue with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute script on files in another directory?

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can execute my bash script on files in a different folder than what the script is in? Here is an excerpt of my script: #!/usr/bin/bash input_path="/cygdrive/c/files" output_path="/cygdrive/c/files/data" #script uses files from /cygdrive/c/files directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix shell script to text file using the script

Hi all, I am beginner in UNIX...I want to use unix shell script to create text.file...I know how to use using by command...can anybody tell me for the script? Thanks i changed the threads title from "tex file" to "text file", because "tex" would probably be misunderstood as reference to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not to execute any graph if the file in a directory is zero bytes

How to code shell script to know if the file in a dirctory is empty i.e., zero byte then not to execute any graph.Please help on this thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:14 AM ---------- I know if clause wil help.my question is how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi86
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File uploaded via FTP not visible from Command Line

I am using VSFTPD on amazon web services and have a remote service that uploads files to server via FTP. The files comes through fine and when I log in via FTP client I see them. The problem is the files are supposed to be moved once uploaded but the files are not visible via command line thus the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theman0684
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute korn shell script from different directory

Guy's , I need to run korn shell script from different directory, usually I run the script using ./details.ksh in the same directory but now I need to run the file and process details using awk code. Now I am running the script this way but with no luck Directory = home/users/work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute a command in different directory through Unix Script

Hi Gurus, I have the below requirement, Execute an unix script which will pick the latest file from the archive directory and do a grep (on multiple patterns) on that file. processingDir="/usr/apps/irdc/informatica/spsf_sales/TgtFiles/ARCHIVE" filename = 'ls Check* | sort -n -k 2 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: No such file or directory

Hi Expert, I'm having grub problem here: grub> root (hd0,0): Filesystem type is ext2 grub> setup Error 11 : Unrecognized Device String I try install boot loader follow the instruction from 26.2. Booting into Rescue Mode It says : select Continue, it attempts to mount your file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
BBACKUPD.CONF(5)						    Box Backup							  BBACKUPD.CONF(5)

NAME
bbackupd.conf - Box Backup client daemon configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf DESCRIPTION
AccountNumber The account number of this client. This is set by the admin of the store server. UpdateStoreInterval Specifies the interval between scanning of the local discs. To avoid cycles of load on the server, this time is randomly adjusted by a small percentage as the daemon runs. Defaults to 1 hour. MinimumFileAge Specifies how long since a file was last modified before it will be uploaded. Defaults to 6 hours. MaxUploadWait If a file is repeatedly modified it won't be uploaded immediately in case it's modified again. However it should be uploaded eventually. This is how long we should wait after first noticing a change. Defaults to 1 day. MaxFileTimeInFuture AutomaticBackup SyncAllowScript Use this to temporarily stop bbackupd from syncronising or connecting to the store. This specifies a program or script script which is run just before each sync, and ideally the full path to the interpreter. It will be run as the same user bbackupd is running as, usually root. The script prints either "now" or a number to STDOUT (and a terminating newline, no quotes). If the result was "now", then the sync will happen. If it's a number, then the script will be asked again in that number of seconds. For example, you could use this on a laptop to only backup when on a specific network. MaximumDiffingTime How much time should be spent on diffing files. DeleteRedundantLocationsAfter FileTrackingSizeThreshold DiffingUploadSizeThreshold StoreHostname The hostname or IP address of the bbstored(8) server. StorePort The port used by the server. Defaults to 2201. ExtendedLogging Logs everything that happens between the client and server. The bbackupd(8) client must also be started with -V. ExtendedLogFile LogAllFileAccess LogFile LogFileLevel CommandSocket Where the command socket is created in the filesystem. KeepAliveTime StoreObjectInfoFile NotifyScript The location of the script which runs at certain events. This script is generated by bbackupd-config(8). Defaults to /etc/box/bbackupd/NotifySysAdmin.sh. NotifyAlways CertificateFile The path to the client's public certificate. PrivateKeyFile The path to the client's private key. This should only be readable by root. TrustedCAsFile The Certificate Authority created by bbstored-certs(8). KeysFile The data encryption key. This must be kept safe at all costs, your data is useless without it! DataDirectory A directory to keep temporary state files. This is usually something like /var/bbackupd. Server This section relates to the running daemon. PidFile The location of the process ID file. Defaults to /var/run/bbackupd.pid. BackupLocations This section defines each directory to be backed up. Each entry must have at least a Path entry and, optionally, include and exclude directives. Multiple include and exclude directives may appear. Path The path to back up. ExcludeFile Exclude a single file. ExcludeFilesRegex Exclude multiple files based on a regular expression. See re_format(7). ExcludeDir Exclude a single directory. ExcludeDirsRegex Exclude multiple directories based on a regular expression. See re_format(7). AlwaysIncludeFile Include a single file from a directory which has been excluded. AlwaysIncludeFilesRegex Include multiple files from an excluded directory, based on a regular expression. AlwaysIncludeDir Include a single directory from a directory which has been excluded. AlwaysIncludeDirsRegex Include multiple directories from an excluded directory, based on a regular expression. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a backup location: home { Path = /home ExcludeDir = /home/guest ExcludeDir = /home/[^/]+/tmp ExcludeFilesRegex = .*.(mp3|MP3)$ AlwaysIncludeFile = /home/someuser/importantspeech.mp3 } FILES
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SEE ALSO
bbackupd(8), bbackupd-config(8), bbackupctl(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBACKUPD.CONF(5)