Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VSFTPD sees old mount --bind
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers VSFTPD sees old mount --bind Post 303045576 by Neo on Thursday 2nd of April 2020 03:40:23 AM
Old 04-02-2020
You need to provide full system information to get help.

Your question provides no information on your operation system, versions, etc.

We don't run a mind-reading service here, sorry.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

IT recruiter sees staff shortages looming

This is just 2 small cuts from a article I've read. It's stats for Australia but I'm sure they shouldn't be much different over the World! Were are all safe! God bless Unix :cool: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ IT recruitment firm Candle ICT is predicting a shortage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
0 Replies

2. AIX

p595 LPAR no longer sees SAN boot disk

Hello, we have a wierd and urgent problem, with a few of our p595 LPARs running AIX 5.3. The LPARs ran AIX 5.3 TL 7 and booted off EMC SAN disks, using EMC Powerpath. Every boot we run "pprootdev on" and "pprootdev fix". We can issue "bosboot -a" and we can reboot the machines. Now, on two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwesterik
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount --bind

I read it create hard link but I want to be sure, what does this command do exactly? Thank in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Linux Bind mount issues.

Hi All, we have an issue in bind mounting LINUX. we are able to see the bound mounts in mount command and df -h <file system name> but they are not visible in normal df -h command. all these mounts are local mounts. we have a /xyz is mount and abc is a directory in /xyz ( /xyz/abc ) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help with autos and mount bind

I have a sftp server running on Centos 5.10. It servers as upload/download interface for three users who basically are chrooted to three different locations. User A -- > /home/REGIONA/ User B -- > /home/REGIONB/ User C -- > /home/REGIONC/ The users run certain application procedures on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount point bind issues

Hi ALL I am unable to do mount bind to connect new storage Once I run the below commands both file systems were empty Code: mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test Code: echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab Please use code tags for code and data (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
9 Replies
BIND(2) 							System Calls Manual							   BIND(2)

NAME
bind, mount, unmount - change name space SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> int bind(char *name, char *old, int flag) int mount(int fd, char *old, int flag, char *aname) int unmount(char *name, char *old) DESCRIPTION
Bind and mount modify the file name space of the current process and other processes in its name space group (see fork(2)). For both calls, old is the name of an existing file or directory in the current name space where the modification is to be made. The name old is evaluated as described in intro(2), except that no translation of the final path element is done. For bind, name is the name of another (or possibly the same) existing file or directory in the current name space. After a successful bind call, the file name old is an alias for the object originally named by name; if the modification doesn't hide it, name will also still refer to its original file. The evaluation of new happens at the time of the bind, not when the binding is later used. The fd argument to mount is a file descriptor of an open network connection or pipe to a file server. The old file must be a directory. After a successful mount the file tree served (see below) by fd will be visible with its root directory having name old. The flag controls details of the modification made to the name space. In the following, new refers to the file as defined by name or the root directory served by fd. Either both old and new files must be directories, or both must not be directories. Flag can be one of: MREPL Replace the old file by the new one. Henceforth, an evaluation of old will be translated to the new file. If they are directories (for mount, this condition is true by definition), old becomes a union directory consisting of one directory (the new file). MBEFORE Both the old and new files must be directories. Add the constituent files of the new directory to the union directory at old so its contents appear first in the union. After an MBEFORE bind or mount, the new directory will be searched first when evaluating file names in the union directory. MAFTER Like MBEFORE but the new directory goes at the end of the union. The flags are defined in <libc.h>. In addition, there is an MCREATE flag that can be OR'd with any of the above. When a create system call (see open(2)) attempts to create in a union directory, and the file does not exist, the elements of the union are searched in order until one is found with MCREATE set. The file is created in that directory; if that attempt fails, the create fails. With mount, the file descriptor fd must be open for reading and writing and prepared to respond to 9P messages (see Section 5). After the mount, the file tree starting at old is served by a kernel mnt(3) device. That device will turn operations in the tree into messages on fd. Aname selects among different file trees on the server; the null string chooses the default tree. The file descriptor fd is automatically closed by a successful mount call. The effects of bind and mount can be undone by unmount. If name is zero, everything bound to or mounted upon old is unbound or unmounted. If name is not zero, it is evaluated as described above for bind, and the effect of binding or mounting that particular result on old is undone. SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/9syscall SEE ALSO
bind(1), intro(2), fcall(2), auth(2) (particularly amount), intro(5), mnt(3), srv(3) DIAGNOSTICS
The return value is a positive integer (a unique sequence number) for success, -1 for failure. These routines set errstr. BUGS
Mount will not return until it has successfully attached to the file server, so the process doing a mount cannot be the one serving. BIND(2)