Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VSFTPD sees old mount --bind
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers VSFTPD sees old mount --bind Post 303045576 by Neo on Thursday 2nd of April 2020 03:40:23 AM
Old 04-02-2020
You need to provide full system information to get help.

Your question provides no information on your operation system, versions, etc.

We don't run a mind-reading service here, sorry.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

IT recruiter sees staff shortages looming

This is just 2 small cuts from a article I've read. It's stats for Australia but I'm sure they shouldn't be much different over the World! Were are all safe! God bless Unix :cool: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ IT recruitment firm Candle ICT is predicting a shortage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
0 Replies

2. AIX

p595 LPAR no longer sees SAN boot disk

Hello, we have a wierd and urgent problem, with a few of our p595 LPARs running AIX 5.3. The LPARs ran AIX 5.3 TL 7 and booted off EMC SAN disks, using EMC Powerpath. Every boot we run "pprootdev on" and "pprootdev fix". We can issue "bosboot -a" and we can reboot the machines. Now, on two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwesterik
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount --bind

I read it create hard link but I want to be sure, what does this command do exactly? Thank in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Linux Bind mount issues.

Hi All, we have an issue in bind mounting LINUX. we are able to see the bound mounts in mount command and df -h <file system name> but they are not visible in normal df -h command. all these mounts are local mounts. we have a /xyz is mount and abc is a directory in /xyz ( /xyz/abc ) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help with autos and mount bind

I have a sftp server running on Centos 5.10. It servers as upload/download interface for three users who basically are chrooted to three different locations. User A -- > /home/REGIONA/ User B -- > /home/REGIONB/ User C -- > /home/REGIONC/ The users run certain application procedures on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount point bind issues

Hi ALL I am unable to do mount bind to connect new storage Once I run the below commands both file systems were empty Code: mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test Code: echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab Please use code tags for code and data (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
9 Replies
VSFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 VSFTPD(8)

NAME
vsftpd -- Very Secure FTP Daemon SYNOPSIS
vsftpd [configuration file and / or options] DESCRIPTION
vsftpd is the Very Secure File Transfer Protocol Daemon. The server can be launched via a ``super-server'' such as inetd(8) or xinetd(8). Alternatively, vsftpd can be launched in standalone mode, in which case vsftpd itself will listen on the network. This latter mode is easier to use, and recommended. It is activated by setting listen=YES in /etc/vsftpd.conf. Direct execution of the vsftpd binary will then launch the FTP service ready for immediate client connections. OPTIONS
An optional configuration file or files may be given on the command line. These files must be owned as root if running as root. Any command line option not starting with a "-" character is treated as a config file that will be loaded. Note that config files are loaded in the strict order that they are encountered on the command line. If no config files are specified, the default configuration file of /etc/vsftpd.conf will be loaded, after all other command line options are processed. Supported options are: -v Print the version information and exit, even if other options are encountered. -ooption=value Set a single option, value pair as per the format in the config file. Multiple -o options are supported, and they are applied in strict order relative to their appearance on the command line, including intermingling with loading of config files. EXAMPLES
vsftpd -olisten=NO /etc/vsftpd.conf -oftpd_banner=blah That example overrides vsftpd's built-in default for the "listen" option to be NO, but then loads /etc/vsftpd.conf which may override that setting. Finally, the "ftpd_banner" setting is set to "blah", which overrides any default vsftpd setting and any identical setting that was in the config file. FILES
/etc/vsftpd.conf SEE ALSO
vsftpd.conf(5) March 8, 2001