Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to Whitelist IPs
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to Whitelist IPs Post 303045565 by stomp on Wednesday 1st of April 2020 12:02:23 PM
Old 04-01-2020
Hi,

the typical questions:
  • What are your operating systems?
  • What have you tried so far?

For a start, write a script maybe with awk or sed which does the change on the server for you locally!

Regards,
stomp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regular Expression - Whitelist

I am creating a whitelist for User Input Validation. Here is a code snippet that allows alphanumeric and forward slash (/). if ( $variable =~ /^*$/ ) #allow alphanumeric and fwd slash { $returnValue = 'good data'; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping a range of IPs

Hi Can someone give me a shell script that can ping a range of IPs and return IPs which are not pingable. Range for example say 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.50 and whichever are not pingable then return the IP. Thanks for your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "whitelist" from a file to remove entries

Dear all, what I need to do is extract an entries list from a file and remove some entries based on a white list present on other file, then output into result.txt file. Example: source.txt: 12345 text1 text2 text3 text4 123 text1 text2 text3 text4 678 text1 text2 text3 text4 987 text1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Whitelist, goodware, database of hashes

I have found this excellent site: NSRL Downloads (sorry if it was already mentioned) there are Solaris and Linux files there too. its all in a text file, over 11Gb large. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to track IPs

Please tell me the script, if any user ping my pc so leave his ip, mac and other identity on my pc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhihot95
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script filtering IPs

Hello gentlemen. I would like to create a shell script (no perl or python please) to generate a list with those rules. Let's suppose I've this text file: a@A:soss(z)1.1.1.1 Opt!o:2.1.9.55 Azxk<ji>rC211.111.9.0-251.11.34.9 d=211.9.1.3 O.Oox 2.1.2.4-51.9.1.33... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: accolito
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - filter txt file full of ips

Hello again gentlemen. I would like to make a shell script to 'optimize' a plain text full of IPs. Let's suppose to have this text file: 1.192.63.253-1.192.63.253 1.0.234.46/32 1.1.128.0/17 1.116.0.0/14 1.177.1.157-1.177.1.157 1.23.22.19 1.192.61.0-1.192.61.99 8.6.6.6 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accolito
2 Replies

9. Solaris

IPS postinstall script

Hi guys, I'm creating custom package for deploying a bunch of public keys for some root servers we have. I have created script and it works but my problem is how to call this script when I want deploy package with puppet on server? Oracle documentation provided only example for first boot script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

10. Hardware

HP notebook PC wifi card whitelist problem

I have hp dv6 and dv7 notebook pcs on which I want to upgrade the wifi cards but when I install the new cards and boot them, the they won't even boot to the bios and they both give me the same error: "104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart." When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies
lib(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  lib(3pm)

NAME
lib - manipulate @INC at compile time SYNOPSIS
use lib LIST; no lib LIST; DESCRIPTION
This is a small simple module which simplifies the manipulation of @INC at compile time. It is typically used to add extra directories to perl's search path so that later "use" or "require" statements will find modules which are not located on perl's default search path. Adding directories to @INC The parameters to "use lib" are added to the start of the perl search path. Saying use lib LIST; is almost the same as saying BEGIN { unshift(@INC, LIST) } For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is added to @INC in front of $dir. lib.pm also checks if directories called $dir/$version and $dir/$version/$archname exist and adds these directories to @INC. The current value of $archname can be found with this command: perl -V:archname The corresponding command to get the current value of $version is: perl -V:version To avoid memory leaks, all trailing duplicate entries in @INC are removed. Deleting directories from @INC You should normally only add directories to @INC. If you need to delete directories from @INC take care to only delete those which you added yourself or which you are certain are not needed by other modules in your script. Other modules may have added directories which they need for correct operation. The "no lib" statement deletes all instances of each named directory from @INC. For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture specific directory and is also deleted from @INC. Restoring original @INC When the lib module is first loaded it records the current value of @INC in an array @lib::ORIG_INC. To restore @INC to that value you can say @INC = @lib::ORIG_INC; CAVEATS
In order to keep lib.pm small and simple, it only works with Unix filepaths. This doesn't mean it only works on Unix, but non-Unix users must first translate their file paths to Unix conventions. # VMS users wanting to put [.stuff.moo] into # their @INC would write use lib 'stuff/moo'; NOTES
In the future, this module will likely use File::Spec for determining paths, as it does now for Mac OS (where Unix-style or Mac-style paths work, and Unix-style paths are converted properly to Mac-style paths before being added to @INC). If you try to add a file to @INC as follows: use lib 'this_is_a_file.txt'; "lib" will warn about this. The sole exceptions are files with the ".par" extension which are intended to be used as libraries. SEE ALSO
FindBin - optional module which deals with paths relative to the source file. PAR - optional module which can treat ".par" files as Perl libraries. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, 2nd June 1995. "lib" is maintained by the perl5-porters. Please direct any questions to the canonical mailing list. Anything that is applicable to the CPAN release can be sent to its maintainer, though. Maintainer: The Perl5-Porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> Maintainer of the CPAN release: Steffen Mueller <smueller@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This package has been part of the perl core since perl 5.001. It has been released separately to CPAN so older installations can benefit from bug fixes. This package has the same copyright and license as the perl core. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-07 lib(3pm)