Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need to get mail , in advance of approx one week if password suppose to be expire Post 303045564 by yash_message on Wednesday 1st of April 2020 09:21:39 AM
Old 04-01-2020
Is there any idea ? how to get the notification.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password will expire

login: TEST7 TEST7's Password: Your password will expire: Wed Feb 19 14:28:08 2003 How can I the same information become in a script (as example in the .profile)????????? My login starts with .profile. These File is a menue with 24 lines and the message " Your password ....." disappear to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable password expire in HP UNIX

Hi, How to disable passwd expire in HP UNIX by not using SAM ? In our system SAM have some strange bugs. However due to some reason, we cannot add that patch. B. Rgds Christina (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christina fung
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expire

Hi, Is there any way to find out the UNIX user's password expire date?. It'll we helpful to inform the users to change the password before it get expires.(FYI - I am not having only admin previlege.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Set Password Never Expire

Hello I want to set the password for user never expire through the command line. For your information the box is running under Solaris 8 platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

set password not to expire

Hi All, Is this true on chage command? -M, MAX_DAYS Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password's validity. Does this means password will not expire anymore? Thanks for any comment you may add. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with password expire and sudo.

Hi, I have a small problem that I need to address regarding the password expiration for a number of different oracle accounts. Currently I have the MAXWEEKS set to 12 in the /etc/default/passwd file for all accounts. I also have sudo installed on the server and users access the oracle accounts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP password expire error

Hi, I am using sftp in batch script for which all configuration for public/private keys are done and it works fine without asking a password. No issues till this point. Now I the problem I have is that if the password expires/someone changes the authentication keys at reote server then the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolwade
4 Replies

8. AIX

Password Expire Message

Does anyone know if the default message displayed when a users password has expired can be changed? I am just assuming the message below is the default one. If so please tell. Using username "justinxx". justinxx@160.23.12.44's password: WARNING: Your password has expired. You must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Force to reset password after expire

Hi Lads, I would like place the mechanism of force reset password to user when he login to the server after his password expired. Currently, We are resetting users once in every 60 days using cron job but I am thinking is there any other way to force reset passwords after it expires? I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need in for a script that should check for errors in multiple log file (approx 2500) and should mail

hello everyone, I am new to linux and got this deliverable to write a script that should check for error in multiple log file (count is approx 2500 log files on single server) and once error is found, it should mail that error My logic says: we can put all log files path/location in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik_CTS
2 Replies
scsi_reset_notify(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     scsi_reset_notify(9F)

NAME
scsi_reset_notify - notify target driver of bus resets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> void scsi_reset_notify(struct scsi_address *ap, int flag, void (*callback)(caddr_t), caddr_t arg); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
ap Pointer to the scsi_address structure. flag A flag indicating registration or cancellation of the notification request. callback A pointer to the target driver's reset notification function. arg The callback function argument. DESCRIPTION
scsi_reset_notify() is used by a target driver when it needs to be notified of a bus reset. The bus reset could be issued by the transport layer (e.g. the host bus adapter (HBA) driver or controller) or by another initiator. The argument flag is used to register or cancel the notification. The supported values for flag are as follows: SCSI_RESET_NOTIFY Register callback as the reset notification function for the target driver. SCSI_RESET_CANCEL Cancel the reset notification request. Target drivers can find out whether the HBA driver and controller support reset notification by checking the reset-notification capabil- ity using the scsi_ifgetcap(9F) function. RETURN VALUES
If flag is SCSI_RESET_NOTIFY, scsi_reset_notify() returns: "small and bold">DDI_SUCTheSnotification request has been accepted. DDI_FAILURE The transport layer does not support reset notification or could not accept this request. If flag is SCSI_RESET_CANCEL, scsi_reset_notify() returns: "small and bold">DDI_SUCTheSnotification request has been canceled. DDI_FAILURE No notification request was registered. CONTEXT
scsi_reset_notify() can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_address(9S), scsi_ifgetcap(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 8 Sep 1994 scsi_reset_notify(9F)