Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with rsync command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with rsync command Post 303045555 by nimafire on Tuesday 31st of March 2020 04:31:45 PM
Old 03-31-2020
Problem with rsync command

Hello
im working on my bash script, in rsync part i try this command to rsync all folders except this folder 'wp-content/cache'
which has tousends of file and i dont want to rsync content :

Code:
rsync -avz --exclude '/home/user/public_html/wp-content/*' /home/user/public_html/* /dest

but output is:
Code:
[root ~]# rsync -avz --exclude '/home/user/public_html/wp-content/cache' /home/user/public_html/* /dest
sending incremental file list
wp-content/cache/css/
wp-content/cache/css/0b3bc.css
wp-content/cache/css/284bc.css
wp-content/cache/css/357e5.css
wp-content/cache/css/42241.css

it start rsync but with folders that i add in exception .

Last edited by Peasant; 03-31-2020 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: Added code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem

Hi, while runninc rsycnc I am getting following error rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229) any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem!!

I know double posting is not allowed... but I need urgent help on this question... so... please bear with me! I am having a problem with rsyncing 2 directories in my network. Here is the situation: 1. I have a directory tree on the 1 server say: SOURCE 2. I have to rsync this directory tree... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync problem

Hi, I wanna synchronize all the /etc settings from my previous server to new one. (Both of them are Debian Etch 4.0) I used this command: rsync -r -vz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc & rsync -avz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc These commands told me that everything occur perfectly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with rsync

Hi, I am copying files from one server to the other by rsync utilty. I am giving a list file to the rsync and i am writing it to the log also. The problem is that,rsync is not copying the order in which i have given files and links to the list. I can see it, through the log file. I am giving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem of install rsync on Solaris 10

hi all, I have download latest version for rsync from rsync download web site. I trying install rsync tool to sun solaris 10 (SPARC M4000 server) and but get some error. Please see below: -bash-3.00$ ./configure configure.sh: Configuring rsync 3.0.6 checking build system type...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

7. Solaris

rsync via ssh Problem

Hi all, recently I took over the admin-task for a solaris 10 x86 machine. I would like to use rsync for backing up files via ssh to another machine. There are two machines I have tested with both without success. One is a ubuntu server 8.04, the other one is ubuntu 10.04 desktop. Installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with rsync - connection unexpectedly closed

Hi i am running a rsync between two remote servers but it errors. The rsync command is a follows rsync -aWv -e rsh --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude .DS_Store --exclude .HSancillary --exclude .HSxmap --exclude .HSResource /raid1/PRODUCTION/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync problem versions out of sync

Hello, I have a report which I am writing as a .tex file, and I am editing from two computers (office and home laptop). I use rsync over ssh connection to synchronise between them and all the rssync commands are written in a Shell script. #synchronise from office computer to home laptop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync problem

Hi Guys does any know the cause of this error on rsync: tried transferring files to a remote server in a NFS share directory and i got that error, previously it was ok. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobertG
1 Replies
CSS::Squish(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CSS::Squish(3pm)

NAME
CSS::Squish - Compact many CSS files into one big file SYNOPSIS
use CSS::Squish; my $concatenated = CSS::Squish->concatenate(@files); my $squisher = CSS::Squish->new( roots => ['/root1', '/root2'] ); my $concatenated = $squisher->concatenate(@files); DESCRIPTION
This module takes a list of CSS files and concatenates them, making sure to honor any valid @import statements included in the files. The benefit of this is that you get to keep your CSS as individual files, but can serve it to users in one big file, saving the overhead of possibly dozens of HTTP requests. Following the CSS 2.1 spec, @import statements must be the first rules in a CSS file. Media-specific @import statements will be honored by enclosing the included file in an @media rule. This has the side effect of actually improving compatibility in Internet Explorer, which ignores media-specific @import rules but understands @media rules. It is possible that future versions will include methods to compact whitespace and other parts of the CSS itself, but this functionality is not supported at the current time. COMMON METHODS
new( [roots=>[...]] ) A constructor. For backward compatibility with versions prior to 0.06 you can still call everything as a class method, but should remember that roots are shared between all callers in this case. if you're using persistent environment (like mod_perl) then it's very recomended to use objects. concatenate( @files ) Takes a list of files to concatenate and returns the results as one big scalar. concatenate_to( $dest, @files ) Takes a filehandle to print to and a list of files to concatenate. "concatenate" uses this method with an "open"ed scalar. RESOLVING METHODS
The following methods help map URIs to files and find them on the disk. In common situation you control CSS and can adopt it to use imports with relative URIs and most probably only have to set root(s). However, you can subclass these methods to parse css files before submitting, implement advanced mapping of URIs to file system and other things. Mapping works in the following way. When you call concatenate method we get content of file using file_handle method which as well lookup files in roots. If roots are not defined then files are treated as absolute paths or relative to the current directory. Using of absolute paths is not recommended as unhide server dirrectory layout to clients in css comments and as well don't allow to handle @import commands with absolute URIs. When files is found we parse its content for @import commands. On each URI we call resolve_uri method that convert absolute and relative URIs into file paths. Here is example of processing: roots: /www/overlay/, /www/shared/ $squisher->concatenate('/css/main.css'); ->file_handle('/css/main.css'); ->resolve_file('/css/main.css'); <- '/www/shared/css/main.css'; <- handle; content parsing find '@import url(nav.css)' -> resolve_uri('nav.css', '/css/main.css'); <- '/css/nav.css'; ... recursivly process file find '@import url(/css/another.css)' -> resolve_uri('/css/another.css', '/css/main.css'); <- '/css/another.css' ... roots( @dirs ) A getter/setter for paths to search when looking for files. The paths specified here are searched for files. This is useful if your server has multiple document roots or document root doesn't match the current dir. See also 'resolve_file' below. file_handle( $file ) Takes a path to a file, resolves (see resolve_file) it and returns a handle. Returns undef if file couldn't be resolved or it's impossible to open file. You can subclass it to filter content, process it with templating system or generate it on the fly: package My::CSS::Squish; use base qw(CSS::Squish); sub file_handle { my $self = shift; my $file = shift; my $content = $self->my_prepare_content($file); return undef unless defined $content; open my $fh, "<", $content or warn "Couldn't open handle: $!"; return $fh; } Note that the file is not resolved yet and is relative to the root(s), so you have to resolve it yourself or call resolve_file method. resolve_file( $file ) Lookup file in the root(s) and returns first path it found or undef. When roots are not set just checks if file exists. _resolve_file( $file, @roots ) DEPRECATED. This private method is deprecated and do nothing useful except maintaining backwards compatibility. If you were using it then most probably to find files in roots before submitting them into concatenate method. Now, it's not required and this method returns back file path without changes. resolve_uri( $uri_string, $base_file ) Takes an URI and base file path and transforms it into new file path. BUGS AND SHORTCOMINGS
At the current time, comments are not skipped. This means comments happening before @import statements at the top of a file will cause the @import rules to not be parsed. Make sure the @import rules are the very first thing in the file (and only one per line). Processing of @import rules stops as soon as the first line that doesn't match an @import rule is encountered. All other bugs should be reported via <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=CSS-Squish> or bug-CSS-Squish@rt.cpan.org. AUTHOR
Thomas Sibley <trs@bestpractical.com>, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2006. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.3 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-14 CSS::Squish(3pm)