Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to convert dict file to table format Post 303045550 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 31st of March 2020 08:45:18 AM
Old 03-31-2020
how about:
Code:
awk -F"'" 'FNR%2{f1=$0;next} {for(i=2;i<=NF;i+=2) print f1, $i}' myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UNIX file format to PC format

Hi All, Is there any way to convert a file which is in UNIX format to a PC format.... Flip command can be used , apart form this command can we have any other way.... like usinf "awk" etc ..... main purpose of not using flip is that my Kshell doesnot support this comamnd.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samtel
1 Replies

5. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns and create table with awk

Hello I've four fields . They are First Name, Last Name, Age, Country. So when I run a Unix command, I get below output with these fields comes every time in different order as you can see. Some times first name is the first row and other time last name is first row in the output and etc etc..... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprpr
9 Replies
DICT_LOOKUP(1)															    DICT_LOOKUP(1)

NAME
dict_lookup - DICT Protocol Client SYNOPSIS
dict_lookuop [options] DESCRIPTION
dict_lookup reads X selection, then open terminal emulator and run dict client in it allowing user to view content using pager. It makes sense to configure launching dict_lookup on a keyboard shortcut in the window manager. OPTIONS
-h display help message. -x x X coordinate of terminal emulator. -x Y Y coordinate of terminal emulator. -s WxH width and height of terminal emulator separated by 'x'. -q query query, if it is specified, X selection is not read. ENVIRONMENT
dict_lookup recognizes the following environment variables. The default value is specified in square brackets. D_AWK_PROG AWK interpreter to use. [awk] D_XCLIP_PROG xclip application. [xclip] D_XTERM_PROG xterm or equivalent terminal emulator. [xterm] D_UTF8_LOCALE UTF-8 locale. [first available UTF-8 locale on system] D_DICT_PROG Dictionary client program. [dict] D_DICT_SERVER Option for dictionary client specifying the server. [-h dict.org] D_DICT_PORT Option for dictionary client specifying the port. [-p 2628] D_DICT_DB_OPT Option for dictionary client specifying the database. [-d foldoc] D_XTERM_CLASS Option for terminal emulator specifying the class. [-class XTerm] D_XTERM_NAME Option for terminal emulator specifying the name. [-name xterm_dict] D_XTERM_TITLE Option for terminal emulator specifying the title. [-title dict_lookup] D_TEXT_WIDTH Program calculating text width for given text. [cyrillic_text_width] cyrillic_text_width doesn't work correctly for Japanese, Korean, Chinese and some other languages. D_TERM_X Terminal emulator X coordinate. [+200] D_TERM_Y Terminal emulator Y coordinate. [+200] D_TERM_H Terminal emulator height. [+40] D_PAGER Pager. [less -R] SEE ALSO
dict(1), less(1), xterm(1), dictd(8), http://www.dict.org, RFC 2229 9 January 2011 DICT_LOOKUP(1)