Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Append string in particular postion Post 303045525 by vgersh99 on Monday 30th of March 2020 10:11:49 AM
Old 03-30-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by suryanarayana
i am having file with 9999 records and i have to insert string (SSR) for every 1000 records and after last record also (even though it will not satisfy 1000 records) Please help
now that we "think" we all know what you're after.... What have you tried and where exactly are you stuck?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and append text after the string

Hi, I have a file like this... <o t="Batch" id="8410" p="/" g="32"> <a n="name"> <v s="DBBA1MM"/> </a> <a n="owner"> <v r="/Administrator"/> </a> <a n="rights"> <v s="95"/> </a> <a n="debugLevel"> <v s="3"/> </a> <a n="avsStoreLoc"> <v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesu2k
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append line and variable at fixed postion in file in unix

Hi I have a input file ::: 1583904589034853904 1690234849023849023 159823890238409 1690238490238490238490 . . . The output file should have the record 16 appended to the record 15 and a variable should be added at a FIXED POSTION at 55. The records are been processed inside a loop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashhello
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get index/postion of a string?

Hi, I have a string like the following: /db1/data/GLIDER/SYSTEM.dbf need to find the postion where "SYSTEM.dbf" starts, so I tried: LOCATION=/db1/data/GLIDER/SYSTEM.dbf $ expr index $LOCATION SYSTEM expr: syntax error $ expr index "$LOCATION" SYSTEM expr: syntax error ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a searched string with another string using sed

Hi, I need to replace and append a string in a text if grep is true. For eg: grep ABC test.txt | grep -v '\.$' | awk {'print $4'} | sed "s/ ? How do I replace all instances of "print $4" using sed with another sring? Eg of the string returned will be, lx123 web222 xyz Want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a string by comparing another string?

Hi , I have one file like BUD,BDL BUDCAR BUD,BDL BUDLAMP ABC,CDF,KLT ABISKAR ABC,CDF,KLT CORNEL ABC,CDF,KLT KANNAD JKL,HNM,KTY,KJY JAGAN JKL,HNM,KTY,KJY HOUSE JKL,HNM,KTY,KJY KATAK JKL,HNM,KTY,KJY KOLKA The o/p should be like BUD,BDL BUDCAR,BUDLAMP ABC,CDF,KLT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append string checking other same string?

Hi , I have a file likeA-0044150|ABC/Frito/ A-0044150|GFHU A-0150075|Bud Racing A-0187811|Bud Light A-0187811|RW&B signmaking I Want the o/p likeA-0044150|ABC/Frito/,GFHU A-0150075|Bud Racing A-0187811|Bud Light,RW&B signmaking (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and append new string after

Hi All, I'm trying to insert a string into a file at a specific location. I'd like to add a string after the parent::__construct(); in my file. <?php if (! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller { function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjkilpatrick
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append Spaces to a string

Hi, I am new to Unix. I need help in writing a code and the requirements are of as below: 1) The code is in awk code 2) Append multiple spaces to a string Example: Address = "House_NO:1100" I have to make sure the length of Address should be always 100, if it is less than 100, i have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu Gopal
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append a particular string after occurrence of particular string.

Hi Friends, Good morning. Appended a particular string after occurrence of particular string in a file. my file abc.sql as below create or replace function f1(p_cust_no IN VARCHAR) RETURN number IS DECLARE v_country country.customer_tbl%TYPE; begin begin select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram0106
4 Replies
HWDB(7) 							       hwdb								   HWDB(7)

NAME
hwdb - Hardware Database DESCRIPTION
The hardware database is a key-value store for associating modalias-like keys to udev-property-like values. It is used primarily by udev to add the relevant properties to matching devices, but it can also be queried directly. HARDWARE DATABASE FILES
The hwdb files are read from the files located in the system hwdb directory /lib/udev/hwdb.d and the local administration directory /etc/udev/hwdb.d. All hwdb files are collectively sorted and processed in lexical order, regardless of the directories in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc have the highest priority and take precedence over files with the same name in /lib. This can be used to override a system-supplied hwdb file with a local file if needed; a symlink in /etc with the same name as a hwdb file in /lib, pointing to /dev/null, disables that hwdb file entirely. hwdb files must have the extension .hwdb; other extensions are ignored. Each hwdb file contains data records consisting of matches and associated key-value pairs. Every record in the hwdb starts with one or more match strings, specifying a shell glob to compare the lookup string against. Multiple match lines are specified in consecutive lines. Every match line is compared individually, and they are combined by OR. Every match line must start at the first character of the line. The match lines are followed by one or more key-value pair lines, which are recognized by a leading space character. The key name and value are separated by "=". An empty line signifies the end of a record. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored. In case multiple records match a given lookup string, the key-value pairs from all records are combined. If a key is specified multiple times, the value from the record with the highest priority is used (each key can have only a single value). The priority is higher when the record is in a file that sorts later lexicographically, and in case of records in the same file, later records have higher priority. The content of all hwdb files is read by systemd-hwdb(8) and compiled to a binary database located at /etc/udev/hwdb.bin, or alternatively /lib/udev/hwdb.bin if you want ship the compiled database in an immutable image. During runtime, only the binary database is used. EXAMPLES
Example 1. General syntax of hwdb files # /lib/udev/hwdb.d/example.hwdb # Comments can be placed before any records. This is a good spot # to describe what that file is used for, what kind of properties # it defines, and the ordering convention. # A record with three matches and one property mouse:*:name:*Trackball*: mouse:*:name:*trackball*: mouse:*:name:*TrackBall*: ID_INPUT_TRACKBALL=1 # A record with a single match and five properties mouse:usb:v046dp4041:name:Logitech MX Master: MOUSE_DPI=1000@166 MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_ANGLE=15 MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_ANGLE_HORIZONTAL=26 MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_COUNT=24 MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_COUNT_HORIZONTAL=14 Example 2. Overriding of properties # /lib/udev/hwdb.d/60-keyboard.hwdb evdev:atkbd:dmi:bvn*:bvr*:bd*:svnAcer*:pn* KEYBOARD_KEY_a1=help KEYBOARD_KEY_a2=setup KEYBOARD_KEY_a3=battery evdev:atkbd:dmi:bvn*:bvr*:bd*:svnAcer*:pn123* KEYBOARD_KEY_a2=wlan # /etc/udev/hwdb.d/70-keyboard.hwdb # disable wlan key on all at keyboards evdev:atkbd:* KEYBOARD_KEY_a2=reserved If the hwdb consists of those two files, a keyboard with the lookup string "evdev:atkbd:dmi:bvnAcer:bdXXXXX:bd08/05/2010:svnAcer:pn123" will match all three records, and end up with the following properties: KEYBOARD_KEY_a1=help KEYBOARD_KEY_a2=reserved KEYBOARD_KEY_a3=battery SEE ALSO
systemd-hwdb(8) systemd 237 HWDB(7)