Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Coronavirus maths anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Coronavirus maths anyone? Post 303045519 by Swathe on Sunday 29th of March 2020 05:25:17 PM
Old 03-29-2020
That was pretty interesting

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Maths

Heres a script i wrote as a bit of practise. What it does is insert a line in the middle of a file. The line being $1 and the file being $2 #!/bin/bash rm tempfile touch tempfile count=1 linenum= `wc -l < $2` if then echo $1 >> $2 else even=`expr "$linenum" % 2` if then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quesa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - maths equation - need help

if input to the perl program is ' ( p * ((a+b) * (c+d))) + q ' it shuld give the output as ' pac + pad + pbc + pbd + q ' .can anyone suggest a way to do this ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maths with variables

Hello, I'm trying to write a while loop for a decimal value in tcsh which I know can't be done. Instead I want my increments to be one order of magnitude too large and then divide it by 10 when I use the variable. However, I don't know how to divide my variable and set it as another. set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using IF statements with maths where the input is not an integer

Hi All I've made a few scripts which using GDAL extract the value of a pixel within a given raster. The purpose is to work out the combine value of every pixel. I thought there may have been an easier way to do this but alas! The code below extracts the pixel value at position X Y. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StudentFitz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple maths calculator loop.

Hi, I am trying to make a maths calculator that: 1. Prompts the user for a number. 2. Prompts the user for an operation (add, subtract, divide or multiply) 3. Prompts the user for a number. 4. Prompts the user for another operation (same as above) OR the option to get the result for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnthebaptist
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maths in shell scripts

Hi, Need help on this. I need to increment a variable by 1 but retain as 2 characters. I am using expr to do additions: NEWSERIAL=`expr $SERIAL + 1` $SERIAL can range from 01-99. After adding "1", I need the result to be 2 characters, eg: 02+1 = 03. By default expr will truncate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the constant e to 14+ decimal places using integer maths.

Hi guys... I am loving this integer maths thing. 64 bit systems are certainly easier than 32 bit, but hey, I don't intend to leave out my fav' platform. Using one of the 'Brothers' methods, URL inside the code. #!/bin/sh # # #!/usr/local/bin/dash # e_constant.sh # Brother's formula . #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

8. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status for China - Rapid Prototype Blynk App with ESP8266

Here is a rapid prototype app I just put together which might be of interest to some people. Basically, I have parsed the data from a Chinese web site which is tracking the Wuhan coronavirus, and cache that data every minute via a local cron file and make a simple API available to a Blink app. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

9. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
FIRST(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FIRST(1)

NAME
first - Yagi-Uda project quick antenna builder SYNOPSIS
first filename elements f_min f_design f_max f_step diameter DESCRIPTION
The program first is one of a number of executable programs that forms part of a set of programs, collectively known as the Yagi-Uda project , which were designed for analysis and optimisation of Yagi-Uda antennas. first is used to define an antenna quickly, if you are not interested in analysing a specific design (in which case use input ) but need to get a design that is half-way reasonable so that it may be optimised. It is much faster in use (since its not interactive) than input The design methodology that first is the DL6WU antenna designs, which are valid for 10 or more elements, although first will calculate for any number of elements. DL6WU reccomends a folded dipole, but the designs here are for a simple dipole, since I don't yet know how to calculate the self and mutual impedances of folded dipoles. LIMITATIONS
Filenames, including full path, can't exceed 90 characters. Does not take into account the variation of impedance of a dipole with change in wavelength/diameter of elements. FILES
filename Yagi description, created by first. filename.out Binary data file, created by yagi. filename.dat Performance of antenna, created by output. filename.gai Gain of antenna, created by output. The DOS .EXE files as distributed require a 387 maths coprocessor to be present and will not run without it. A 486, Pentium, and I assume later processors of this series will run it without any extra hardware. PLATFORMS
Both DOS and and Unix versions have been built. The DOS version as distributed requires a 386 PC with a 387 maths coprocessor. The DOS ver- sion is no longer being developed, so the DOS executables included with the distribution are not upto date with the current source code. AUTHORS
Dr. David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net). with help with the conversion to the DOS/PC enviroment from Dr. Joe Mack NA3T (mack@fcrfv2.ncifcrf.gov) SEE ALSO
input(1), output(1), yagi(1), optimise(1). BUGS
Bugs should be reported to: David Kirkby G8WRB (david.kirkby@onetel.net). Bugs tend actually to be fixed if they can be isolated, so it is in your interest to report them in such a way that they can be easily reproduced. If the input file is edited manually and done incorrectly, there can be unpredictable results. Options are not checked for sensible numbers. A negative length can be entered! Version 1.10 Fri Dec 2 1994 FIRST(1)